• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League R16 Draw: Sporting CP v Arsenal

Pop Tart

Established Member
Boring tie tbh, I wanted Juventus. We can beat anyone in this comp. is the route possible to face man u in final?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They have few interesting players Gonvalves Ugarte and Edwards all been linked to big moves. They lost porro to Sp**s in January so they more weaker.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
If they play the way they did early this season they're favourites even if we're not at 100%, can't see Arteta start a full strength side at this point. They haven't looked nearly as good for a while now thankfully though.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Yeah I don't think there's much professional football being played in Donetsk atm
They haven't played in Donetsk for nearly a decade. I was remembering Kyiv, but that went out of the window as well, obviously. I find it slightly mad that they are playing at all.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
They have few interesting players Gonvalves Ugarte and Edwards all been linked to big moves. They lost porro to Sp**s in January so they more weaker.

Hagn will tweet about them as “potential summer signings” when we play them no doubt

Sparrahork

Boring tie tbh, I wanted Juventus. We can beat anyone in this comp. is the route possible to face man u in final?
As premier league leaders we can beat anyone in the fa cup, bring on man city I say!

...oh😬😭🤣

If the better teams play and knock one another out all the better for us. The harder the team we play, the less likely we are to rotate other than turner who will be a shoe in regardless.

I hope Vieira gets a start as a Portuguese team, would also like to see kiwi, Nelson, esr, Tierney etc get some minutes. I expect Saka to feature but really hope he is rested

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
They are not even in their usual top 3 position. In fact they are 8 points off 3rd. So it's a decent draw for us.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

We should be able to bring in Vieira, Trossard, Tomi, Tierney and use Jorginho probably and go through without any issue.

VancouverCanuck

You can trust me on this, as Sporting is, literally, my team.

All it takes for Arsenal to go through is for Arteta not to do anything funny. Literally. Any decent XI by Arsenal should be enough to beat Sporting. I can't recall when was the last time Sporting actually had a decent game (not a result, a game).
Quoted so there is no backing out. :)

...in case they happen to play the best two matches of the season against us.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Very good draw, not the best but above average.

What's also nice is that United got Betis, who are 5th in La Liga.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Would have liked Donezk - just because they have no real home advantage due to the games in Poland.

If we want to take the EL seriously, we need to play our 1st team to beat Sporting. Not because the individual quality isn't good enough, but because they nearly never play together in this formation.
Every time we have played our second team under Arteta, they haven't looked comfortable.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Would have liked Donezk - just because they have no real home advantage due to the games in Poland.

If we want to take the EL seriously, we need to play our 1st team to beat Sporting. Not because the individual quality isn't good enough, but because they nearly never play together in this formation.
Every time we have played our second team under Arteta, they haven't looked comfortable.
Who never plays in this formation? Us?

You think formation and tactics are learned in matches, but the 5 days they train a week they play headers and volleys.

Tomi coming in at RB. Vieira coming in for Ødegaard. Trossard for Martinelli and maybe Holding for Saliba will know exactly how we play.

The team looked pretty comfortable against City in the FA Cup especially the first half. So I really have no idea what you are on about.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom