• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Everton Vs Arsenal - Match Ratings

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
qs said:
Theres not alot he can do when none of the attacking players apart from Robin are looking for it.
That's another thing that really bugs me with Diaby: he's just standing there. He doesn't even try to get into position. And Song doesn't fill in when he's required to either, there's no overlap. Which means that if Denilson, who's way out on the other wing, doesn't wander in centrally there's no one for Nasri to pass the ball to. Unless either Ade or van Persie wanders down to meet it. Which means that whichever striker who's left in the box gets surrounded by both centrebacks instantly. We have absolutely no movement with Diaby in central midfield. None. Instead the typical buildup consists of Nasri passing the ball to Clichy who gets tired on the lack of options and just hoofs it into the box.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
mags said:
Why don't posters who complain about other peoples numbers just post their own rankings?
Eh, I don't know, they're just a bit of fun really. Gets some player discussion going. People can rip my specific ratings to shreds if they want, it's all about the relative baby!

General

Established Member
5. Almunia Poor positioning for the goal, I thought. Caught ball watching
5 Sagna – Ok. The partnership with Denilson was static and non-existent.
7. Gallas – Solid. Bullied Cahill all over the pitch till the goal.
6 Djourou- A few lapses in concentration but did ok
6.Clichy – Injected some urgency into play when needed
5 Nasri - Too predictable, too ineffective and gyrates more than the North Circular.
6 Diaby – Early booking affected him but quality assist
5 Denilson – Should’ve buried that chance but otherwise was average
6 Song – Very aggressive, did his job but unfortunately got sucked out leaving Clichy isolated for Cahill’s header.
4 Ade – Hopeless and flattered to deceive
7 RVP – Quality goal.

Subs

6 Bendy – Lively and always a threat.
6. Eboue – Did his job.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
mags said:
Why don't posters who complain about other peoples numbers just post their own rankings?
Eh, I don't know, they're just a bit of fun really. Gets some player discussion going. People can rip my specific ratings to shreds if they want, it's all about the relative baby!

Yeah, I think it's more interesting than a whole lotta lists all in a row.

asajoseph

Established Member
qs said:
asajoseph said:
The whole midfield was absolutely s***e. Completely incapable of imposing themselves on the game in any way, and Denilson was as much a part of that as anyone else.

Harsh on Nasri at least. He kept the ball well and held onto it looking for movement so often it was painful. Theres not alot he can do when none of the attacking players apart from Robin are looking for it.

Perhaps.

But we had so little quality in the midfield that it was practically impossible to give any kind of quality service in midfield. They just didn't have the ability to impose themselves on the game, and showed very little in the way of effort.

If Wenger thinks this lot will carry us through the next few weeks, he's clueless. The quality isn't there.

qs

Established Member
I really see nothing in Diaby and Song. I know others dislike Denilson but I at least see potential in him and even some progression. The other 2 I see nothing, Song has improved a bit but it'd have been hard not to, he's still far too limited to ever be a real player for us. Diaby is just plain useless as far as I can see. Eboue is a back up right back, in midfield he's nothing. We have a very poor selection of central midfielders. At the moment Cesc is the only one who could be getting his game.

Anzac

Established Member
These player ratings are stating to look a bit more realistic considering the performances we've been serving up for some time..........looks like some of the gloss is coming off all 'round then........

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Almunia 6
Sagna 6
Gallas 7
Djourou 7
Clichy 6
Denilson 5
Diaby 5
Song 5
Nasri 5
Adebayor 5
Van Persie 7,5

hackajack

Established Member
qs said:
I really see nothing in Diaby and Song. I know others dislike Denilson but I at least see potential in him and even some progression. The other 2 I see nothing, Song has improved a bit but it'd have been hard not to, he's still far too limited to ever be a real player for us. Diaby is just plain useless as far as I can see. Eboue is a back up right back, in midfield he's nothing. We have a very poor selection of central midfielders. At the moment Cesc is the only one who could be getting his game.
Of the three I'd say Diaby is the most talented. The question is can we get that talent out of him? And one of the answers is 'not in CM'.

Timleaf

Established Member
asajoseph said:
qs said:
asajoseph said:
The whole midfield was absolutely s***e. Completely incapable of imposing themselves on the game in any way, and Denilson was as much a part of that as anyone else.

Harsh on Nasri at least. He kept the ball well and held onto it looking for movement so often it was painful. Theres not alot he can do when none of the attacking players apart from Robin are looking for it.

Perhaps.

But we had so little quality in the midfield that it was practically impossible to give any kind of quality service in midfield. They just didn't have the ability to impose themselves on the game, and showed very little in the way of effort.

If Wenger thinks this lot will carry us through the next few weeks, he's clueless. The quality isn't there.

Well, to be fair they've carried us through the last few weeks pretty well-we have a good unbeaten run going-and we don't face any quality opposition in the league until mid-April, when we play Liverpool.

While our midfield looks the weakest area of the team at the moment it has to be remembered that most of our injured players are midfielders, so we can expect an improvement, Arshavin or not, before the end of the season. Also, the midfield 'battle' was an even one against Everton, which, when you consider that Everton have a group of midfielders that are widely lauded-Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini, Osman etc,-is no mean feat.

Despite some average performances this was a result that in any other season we'd all be happy with.

Anzac

Established Member
Timleaf said:
Well, to be fair they've carried us through the last few weeks pretty well-we have a good unbeaten run going-and we don't face any quality opposition in the league until mid-April, when we play Liverpool.

While our midfield looks the weakest area of the team at the moment it has to be remembered that most of our injured players are midfielders, so we can expect an improvement, Arshavin or not, before the end of the season. Also, the midfield 'battle' was an even one against Everton, which, when you consider that Everton have a group of midfielders that are widely lauded-Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini, Osman etc,-is no mean feat.

Despite some average performances this was a result that in any other season we'd all be happy with.

But we aren't playing well, and therein lies the difference.
This midifeld will have to make do for most of the remainder of the season as Walcott & Fabregas will require Reserve games to get back up to match fitness.

Timleaf

Established Member
Anzac said:
Timleaf said:

This midifeld will have to make do for most of the remainder of the season as Walcott & Fabregas will require Reserve games to get back up to match fitness.

No, we're not playing well, but we've become infinitely harder to beat. Remember the defeats that kicked this unbeaten run off were 0-2 to Villa and 3-0 to city.

And even if we get Fabregas and Walcott(Rosicky and Arshavin aswell?) back by mid march they'll still have 10 or so league games to make an impact.

3Z

Almunia - 7 : Not really at fault for the goal. Couple of decent saves and dealt well with most crosses

Sagna - 6 : Solid enough. Not great for the goal.
Gallas - 7 : Did well
Djourou - 7.5 : Did very well in my opinion. Agression is really starting to come into his game!
Clich - 6 : Solid enough but poor passing for such a forward thinking fullback is becoming an issue with me.

Denilson - 5 : What does he do? Gave the ball away. Jogs back when defending. No conviction, nor did i have any belief that he would do anything good with that chance. Attackers play on wings because in these tight games they can win you games with those chances.
Diaby - 5 : Not great from him today but you cant help but see so much potential in him.
Song - 5 : Isnt a bad sqaud player but was too cumbersome for the tight pitch and narrow tactics in this game. Cant be considered as a first choice player.
Nasri - 6.5 : Think he is adapting really well to the league. If only we had a team around him that were playing well anfd it hink we might be amazed at how well he'd do.

Van Persie - 8 : Really stepping up and showing how good he is. Showing genuine leadership qualities aswell. As with Nasri shame about the mediocrity around him.
Ade - 5 : Poor. A player who made his reputation on hard work. Is slowly losing it because he seems to think he is above it now. Needs a kick up the ass! Hold on, that doesnt exist at Arsenal!

Cant be bother to do each sub but Nicky B worked hard. For a change, there is ability in this lad. Just need to fix the attitude, a bit like Early Robin...

godfather

say again. really don't want to see Diaby in the 1st 11 again! what can this boy do for the team??? can't pass, can't tackle...nothing!

asajoseph

Established Member
Timleaf said:
Anzac said:
Timleaf said:

No, we're not playing well, but we've become infinitely harder to beat. Remember the defeats that kicked this unbeaten run off were 0-2 to Villa and 3-0 to city.

And even if we get Fabregas and Walcott(Rosicky and Arshavin aswell?) back by mid march they'll still have 10 or so league games to make an impact.

Infinitely harder to beat?

We haven't lost since Porto away.

Since then we've had 5 draws and 4 wins, but only one of those wins has been against a team more than 3 points off relegation from the Premiership, and that was against Hull, who're in freefall. That's not a good run of form, and not a run of form that's going to be threatening the Champions LEague spots this season. We may be harder to beat, I guess, but I'm not sure that has as much to do with improvements in the team as it does having a run of easy games.

Timleaf

Established Member
asajoseph said:

Maybe I exaggerated with the infinitely bit, but I was reacting to the insane levels of negativity round here.

asajoseph said:
We haven't lost since Porto away.

The Porto and Burnley losses aren't a fair reflection of our form because, even by our current standards, the team contained a number of reserve and youth players. Against Porto we played Ramsey and Vela in midfield and Bendtner up front by himself for christ sakes!

Since then we've had 5 draws and 4 wins, but only one of those wins has been against a team more than 3 points off relegation from the Premiership, and that was against Hull, who're in freefall. That's not a good run of form, and not a run of form that's going to be threatening the Champions LEague spots this season. We may be harder to beat, I guess, but I'm not sure that has as much to do with improvements in the team as it does having a run of easy games

Look, you can choose to be positive or you can choose to be negative. We're unbeaten in 9 premier league games, during which we've played 4 out of 5 from the rest of the top 6-3 of them away from home. Certainly not an easy run of games! We've improved quite a bit since that 3-0 drubbing by City.

Just out of curiosity what league games coming up worry you so?

Anzac

Established Member
Timleaf said:
asajoseph said:

Maybe I exaggerated with the infinitely bit, but I was reacting to the insane levels of negativity round here.

Ah but we're just reacting to the insane levels of crap that we are served up & expected to swallow & accept gratefully because it is AFC & AW.....

asajoseph

Established Member
Timleaf said:
Look, you can choose to be positive or you can choose to be negative. We're unbeaten in 9 premier league games, during which we've played 4 out of 5 from the rest of the top 6-3 of them away from home. Certainly not an easy run of games! We've improved quite a bit since that 3-0 drubbing by City.

Or, you can look at what you see and make a judgement based upon that - I don't see any reason to put a deliberately positive or negative spin on things, but maybe that's just a question of character.

Which fixtures worry me? Unless we improve our level of performance, pretty much every game we play at the moment is a potential bannana skin for dropping points. West Ham are on decent form. Sp**s at the Lane is always tough.

We may have an 'easy' run of fixtures at the moment, but that doesn't change the fact that if we continue to play badly, we will continue to drop points.

Anzac

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Timleaf said:

Or, you can look at what you see and make a judgement based upon that - I don't see any reason to put a deliberately positive or negative spin on things, but maybe that's just a question of character.

Which fixtures worry me? Unless we improve our level of performance, pretty much every game we play at the moment is a potential bannana skin for dropping points. West Ham are on decent form. Sp**s at the Lane is always tough.

We may have an 'easy' run of fixtures at the moment, but that doesn't change the fact that if we continue to play badly, we will continue to drop points.

Agreed, & speaking for myself my views are NOT based upon this season alone - just that I'm becoming more outspoken as it's more of the same IMO.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom