• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Arsenal vs Manchester United | 03/04/04

The Mini

After the happenings of today my revised line-up for this is:

Lehmann

Lauren Senderos Toure Clichy

Wiltord Edu Parlour Pires

Kanu Reyes

Do we have much choice?

KingReyes

Established Member
The Mini said:
After the happenings of today my revised line-up for this is:

Lehmann

Lauren Senderos Toure Clichy

Wiltord Edu Parlour Pires

Kanu Reyes

Do we have much choice?

Why can't one or two out of Vieira, Freddy, Henry, Brgkamp, Campbell play?
You actually expect Senderos or Wiltord to play??
Wenger said Senderos is COMING back and Wiltord is still a bit short.

The Mini

You could do a little tweak if you wanted:

Swap Wiltord and Pires, then Wiltord and Reyes and Wiltord for Bergkamp. And swap Senderos for Campbell.

But the rest want to be rested or are injured.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
lehmann

clichy sol toure lauren

freddie vieira edu pires

bergkamp reyes

subs: stack, wiltord, kanu, henry, senderos

Adam

Established Member
I think that is a likely line up US.

But there is one issue- Henry said to Holt (The Mirror) that he would get revenge on United this saturday, which was a hint that he had the preconception of starting.

I would say that is a great idea to rest him, because his movement is most important to us, and against Chelsea he can compensate for say Pires's tired legs alot better than Pires could for his!

JazzG

Established Member
I wouldn't put Wiltord in tbh, he has just come back from injury and obviously won't be match fit. Was having a rough time before he got injured so I wouldn't use him.

I agree with USArsenal's team but think Keown will be used ahead of Senderos.

The Mini

Wiltord should at least be on the bench, he is very influencial even though he is not seen to be very talented. He has a history with United.

JazzG

Established Member
Would it be worth having a player not match fit in Wiltord ahead of Kanu? Don't care tbh and either will do for me.

JazzG

Established Member
Adam said:

But there is one issue- Henry said to Holt (The Mirror) that he would get revenge on United this saturday, which was a hint that he had the preconception of starting.

I would say that is a great idea to rest him, because his movement is most important to us, and against Chelsea he can compensate for say Pires's tired legs alot better than Pires could for his!

TBH he has had a whole week rest and played only 45mins for France so I would rather use Henry+Pires for both matches and put one on the bench against Liverpool. These 2 matches are probably the 2 of the most important matches we have in our current schedule so we must go all guns blazing.

The Mini

It is something that could only happen to us, isnt it? Chelski, ManUre, ManUre, Chelski Just evilness :evil: :cry:

JazzG

Established Member
It will tell us if our lads are ready to stand up and be counted or just choke like they did last season. This is the ultimate test and so far we have done well. However the easy part is over, the hard part starts on Saturday, we have some bad memories of that place. These must be layed to rest :(

KingReyes

Established Member
JazzG said:
Adam said:

TBH he has had a whole week rest and played only 45mins for France so I would rather use Henry+Pires for both matches and put one on the bench against Liverpool. These 2 matches are probably the 2 of the most important matches we have in our current schedule so we must go all guns blazing.

I will second that. From the next four games these two are the biggest. They will decide whether we take a step closer to winning 1,2 or 3 trophies and we should do our best to win them all. Therefore we should field our strongest side possible and then rest here and there for the EPL games.

The Mini

KingReyes, you also have to take into account that we may win nothing. It's hard to believe but bad things happen to good people sometimes.

KingReyes

Established Member
The Mini said:
KingReyes, you also have to take into account that we may win nothing. It's hard to believe but bad things happen to good people sometimes.

True we might not win anything but the chances of winning are higher with a stronger line up. Obviously it would be impossible to play the strongest team in all four games we have.
How about a side strong enough to win the game? In that I mean not the strongest but still good enough to get the win.

Adam

Established Member
Wenger is giving us no clues whatsoever as to how we will lineup, but we feel it is likely Thierry might be the only absentee.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy is in fact a serious doubt for United.

Looks like we will be facing a United side like:

Carrol, O Shea, Brown, Silvestre, Neville, Scholes, Keane, Djemba, Ronaldo, Giggs, Solskjaer. (Forlan might play instead of Ronaldo)

JazzG

Established Member
I've heard we sent a private jet out to bring Henry back ASAP, this leads me to believe he will have a big part to play tomarrow.

Also I wouldn't trust Fergie on RvN, probably trying some mind games!

Soler

Established Member
Of course he is. Fergie prides himself on talking complete bollocks and he's been doing it for years.

Jinn

Established Member
I'd imagine both Henry and RVN will play.

Just mind games from the two managers, who are circling each other like boxers in a ring. Feinting and dodging, until the real fight begins.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
JazzG said:
I've heard we sent a private jet out to bring Henry back ASAP, this leads me to believe he will have a big part to play tomarrow.

i hope thats true, i would feel alot more confident if Henry was playing but Wenger knows best and i do have confidence in the team without Titi

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom