• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA: Arsenal vs Stoke City | 09/01/05

dsurg

When do we get a report?

Its funny but I used to live in lagos nigeria and I watch every Arsenal game live

But I moved to the UK a month ago and I dont get to see many games ( if any)

KingReyes

Established Member
sammy said:
classic case for a need of a true striker, not idiots like reyes and VP

Nice to see both idiots score, Stoke played a typical cup game and credit for their efforts. Good character to come back and you could see we weren't going to dominate considering the young inexperienced line up.

Whats counts is that we're through.

n_henry

Our boys came through. Got scared there for a while, but in the end all went to plan. :)

Our defending.. :roll:

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I think now we can see that Toure can't survive without Sol holding his hand. He's not a leader. We need both our first choice centre-backs to be capable of holding it together when the other is out.

Otherwise, I'm pleased that Reyes was back on song, by the sounds of the radio he was up to his old tricks, and our most threatening player. And credit to our understrength team to show the character not to get flustered and work their way back into the match. I was actually only expecting us to peg one back, so I'm chuffed we got the winner.

Double_H

Established Member
KingReyes said:
sammy said:
classic case for a need of a true striker, not idiots like reyes and VP

Nice to see both idiots score, Stoke played a typical cup game and credit for their efforts. Good character to come back and you could see we weren't going to dominate considering the young inexperienced line up.

Whats counts is that we're through.

wish all the player Idiots like RVP and JARC

n_henry

For those who watched the game, how was Eboue on his debut?

He seemed solid by the sounds of the radio commentary. Didn't seem to put a foot wrong..?

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
We were lucky plain and simple. I can't believe someone like Akinbiyi gave our defence so many problems. Awful performance but at least we scraped through.

Gooner4Life

I find something odd.

When a match isn't happening people say how good Toure, van Persie, Pires and people are, but when we go a goal down people start complaining and say "Wenger needs to sign some proper players". Then we win and suddenly they will go back to praising them and next game if we go a goal behind they will bash them again.

goonerkads

GoonerGurjit said:
We were lucky plain and simple. I can't believe someone like Akinbiyi gave our defence so many problems. Awful performance but at least we scraped through.

EVERY PL team had a tough time in the FA cup, Stoke played well but this is virtually our second-team and we showed great character to come back and win the match. I think that people are constantly forgetting that there is actual opposition on the pitch and we can't just turn everyone over, so lay-off the criticism.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
We had enough first-teamers out there to win convincingly. The defence was a shambles. Toure's a completely different player without Campbell. Senderos seemed out of his depth against Akinbiyi, which is more then just slightly worrying. Unsurprisingly Vieira was poor yet again.

goonerkads

Again, people are under the impression that we are going to walk over every side, it's not all black and white. We have no Campbell, Lauren, Cole arguably three of the best defenders in the premiership, what are you expecting the defence to be like?. Either take the victory or ****ing leave it.
"We had enough first-teamers out there to win convincingly", my arse!!

tbbosa

Judging players just from radio commentry is plain stupid. I watched the match and apart from not marking Akbinyi for their goal Toure did very O.K. The Reyes goal was his assist....some supporters(if you can call them that ...) need to get a life. How can you dare call our players Idiots??:( ****in Glory hunters !

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom