• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup 3rd Round: Arsenal v Newcastle United | Saturday, January 9 | KO: 17:30 UTC | BBC One

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,720
  • Views 75,955

Who Will Go Through To Round 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
ESR has a lovely smile and is such a composed interviewee. Interesting that he mentioned how they'd been working off the pitch to get closer as a group.
Unfortunately the smarmy reporter from The Guardian thought his interview was as bad as the game before it. Reminded me why I stopped reading The Guardian.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Unfortunately the smarmy reporter from The Guardian thought his interview was as bad as the game before it. Reminded me why I stopped reading The Guardian.
The reporter knows nothing. Listening to our youngsters made me remember how dour Wilshere was on front of the camera

Jack badmon

Pros:

We are through to the 4th round!

Didn’t have to face penalties

ESR great finish and changing the game

Tierney with another world class performance

Leno with a match winning save

Xhaka competing and passing the ball well when he came on

Saka providing some urgency

Lacazette changing the game

Pablo Mari looking like a gunman for us

Arteta having the sense to put these players on to save the game

Our second goal was really nice

Cons:

Nelson was very poor

Willock was dreadful coming from deep

Eleny was anonymous

Pepe was wasteful with the final ball too many times

Willian **** off, showed no quality whatsoever

Martinelli being injured

Aubameyang performance is not contributing enough to the team functions

Vanfrothan

Overall thoughts on the match:

Didn't have much to do but Leno should get motm as he basically saved the game for us in 92nd minute. Had no right to make that save. Yes, Carroll should have scored but he didn't, so well done Bernd!

Still not sure about Cedric, I thought AMN had overtaken him?

Another decent showing by Mari. Gabriel might have a fight on his hands, which can only be good for us.

Tierney a force of nature again. I seriously wouldn't swap him for any other LB in the League. Chilwell blows hot and cold and I'm still not convinced Robertson can defend. Luke Shaw?:lol:

I like Elneny, I really do, but the guy is so negative and stifles our whole midfield. Think he looked a lot better next to Partey but I think that says more about Partey than Elneny.

Willock fluffed his lines a bit tonight. The other Hale End boys are flying and he's being left behind a little bit. Heavy touches and bad decision maligned his sold work rate. Still love how he ghosts into the box though.

Willian, let's not start that.

Pepe, huffed and puffed and showed real desire but nothing really came off for him tonight. On another night he might have had a goal or maybe an assist or two but he's comfortably behind Saka now.

Aubameyang was a bit wasteful again but hopefully that goal kick starts his season. You could see the smile return to his face most instantly after his goal.

Subs made the difference in the end. ESR just gets better and better, love watching this kid play. Has transformed our team in my opinion.

Not a big Lacazette fan but even I have to admit he's been first rate lately and played his part in the 1st goal.

Xhaka looked good when he came on as well, really carried us forward.

Overall, could have gone badly if not for that Leno save, so glad to be in the next round.

Specially mention for Elneny for wearing short sleeves in sub zero temperatures. It's one thing to come from Glasgow and where short sleeves in any weather but coming from Egypt and doing it....that's next level toughness!!:lol:

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Think the team still struggles with low block, even with ESR and Saka.

It kills me to see the amount of crosses we pump into the box only for them to go to nobody or see them effortlessly swatted away by Carrol. I pleaded with my tv screen for us to stop doing it and we kept doing it anyways.

It’s gonna be a long season.

Jack badmon

Think the team still struggles with low block, even with ESR and Saka.

It kills me to see the amount of crosses we pump into the box only for them to go to nobody or see them effortlessly swatted away by Carrol. I pleaded with my tv screen for us to stop doing it and we kept doing it anyways.

It’s gonna be a long season.

Lacazette gonna be absolutely critical for us beating the low block if he carries on this form.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Another funny piece of commentary from the match.

Think it might have been around the penalty that wasn't given, they were talking about Clark from Newcastle... "Clark of course missed the final of the 2015 FA Cup, And Arsenal went on to win that game." ...love the implication that Ciaran Clark would have been the game changer for the Villa side we slaughtered that day :rofl:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nature documentaries are so tedious imo. Yeah, we get it, nature is wonderful and ingenious and beautiful. Blah blah blah.
Blah, blah, blah? WTF? That 'couldn't care less' attitude is exactly why we're turning this once beautiful planet into a sh!thole.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Tedious? They spend years and years filming just one scene! Narrated over by the one and only Sir David Attenborough himself. Us city dwellers lose track of what is happening to our planet. It is the great escape. These epic Attenborough series are nothing but a masterful work of art.
I'd make every Trumpesque big business, money grabbing **** and every powdered Rhino horn seller watch nature documentaries on the biggest screen possible with their eyelids taped open night and day for a whole year.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We played well in spells against a team that was determined to defend. I think we've finally learned as if there was any doubt some players simply aren't going to take their chance at Arsenal. We need to move them on and invest wisely.

Let's play Aubamawang

Well done to the referee for changing his decision despite the obvious egg on his face, but the way he came running over waiting to brandish a red card when he clearly didn't see the incident properly is truly mind blowing. Thank goodness for VAR.

Sean Longstaff should get an Oscar for that performance. I thought players were supposed to be getting punished for simulation and trying to get a player sent off? It's not like ESR came lunging in at pace, just stuck his boot out to reach for the ball. And he didn't even touch him with his studs, he tapped him with the side of his boot yet the guy went down screaming like he broke his damn leg.

Jack badmon

Well done to the referee for changing his decision despite the obvious egg on his face, but the way he came running over waiting to brandish a red card when he clearly didn't see the incident properly is truly mind blowing. Thank goodness for VAR.

Sean Longstaff should get an Oscar for that performance. I thought players were supposed to be getting punished for simulation and trying to get a player sent off? It's not like ESR came lunging in at pace, just stuck his boot out to reach for the ball. And he didn't even touch him with his studs, he tapped him with the side of his boot yet the guy went down screaming like he broke his damn leg.

I don’t like it at all but I respect the cunning nature. On the eve of extra time getting the key man sent off - in fact in hindsight he was justified in doing it because he scored the winning goal :lol:

bergholt

Blah, blah, blah? WTF? That 'couldn't care less' attitude is exactly why we're turning this once beautiful planet into a sh!thole.

Nah. I go bushwalking every few weeks and camping regularly with the family. I volunteer for a couple of charities helping out with conservation. I’m not “couldn’t care less” about nature, just about the way nature docos portray it.

bergholt

Thanks for incapsulating the entitlement of the world these days. What a ****ing trainwreck of an opinion.

I see how you’d get that from what I said, but it’s not true. Documentaries being tedious means nothing about my attitude towards nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom