• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup | Arsenal Vs Tottenham | 04/01/14 | 5:15 PM

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
bingobob said:
My bro said the rule is for offensive gestures letting someone no the score isn't offensive therefore cannot be done unless they amend it to interaction with the fans. Also very likely a match official would have seen it so no retrospective action

Not quite. The rule is to do with aggravating crowd, so anything that is deemed to be inciteful behaviour can be punished. Adebayor did not make any offensive gestures either but chose to celebrate a Man City goal by running 70 yards to slide on his knees in front of Arsenal fans.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Another clean sheet, great defense this season. City was just a freak anomaly.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

As soon as I saw lineup for today, I was over the moon. There was no way we would not win the game.

Ill mention just few players.. First of all Gnabry. Kid has it all, such a good IQ, balance, technique and mentality. He reminds a lot of Ox, but from what both showed, Ox when healthy, Serge showed more maturity and Arsène must look more at him. I am not saying he should get big minutes, but he has to have him in mind and not allow to waste his talent. I am sure it wont happen, but just saying

Theo was fantastic. People forget he rarely, really rarely plays as CF. Give him more chances, in games like this when its more open game then likes of Stoke at home for example, just like games when we are in front and can kill it off on counter by his speed. He works hard up front, makes clever moves and doesnt allow defenders to rest for a second during a match. Thats something that is overlooked when we give game analyze. First goal for example had a lot to do with his move. When a defender has to thing about you for 90 minutes, and you keep running around him, you dont give them time to think but to react in a second. Thats why every run Theo makes, and most of them are good ones, is so needed and welcomed in our team.
His finishing would come if he plays it more, just like delivery to him, cause in last 50 games we had, lets say 45+ of them our midfield had Giroud up front and had to play one way with him. Then Theo jumps in and just like he needs some minutes there, rest of the team needs it too, to get used to his runs thru middle..

Great win, terrific support, and I am definetly watching it again in about hour from now. AFC

GDeep™

League is very weak
Gooner Tim says Walcotts gesture was 'just a bit of banter', that's the spirit. I have a new found love and respect for Sherwood.

Uncle Mike

Established Member
I have to admit, the sight of one word -- Fabianski -- put me in full Han Solo mode: "I've got a bad feeling about this!"

He had to make one save, and he made it. After that, The **** were never truly in the game.

Even on this site, I don't think anybody was saying, "Tottenham are dominating us."

Tottenham went veggie. They didn't bring any meat.

As Wenger himself might say, "Injuries, yes, have them. But, crisis? No, I did not see it."

TheSage

Comfortable win, very surprised the game was played at such a slow tempo, guess neither side wanted to over commit certainly spuds never looked that bothered, whilst we did just enough. Odd for a NLD shows how far the FA Cup has fallen ... sad

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I thought Monreal played brilliantly well. Defensively he was sound, made a couple of key interceptions. You can tell he's technically gifted going forward too, he gets his head up a lot when he gets to the byline which is always promising. I also thought he passed the 'Lennon test' with flying colours. In the first half Tottenham obviously tried to exploit the right hand side with Lennon and Walker to no avail, we dealt well with Tottenham and they rarely ever looked threatening.

£100M :lol:.
<3

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Great performance by each and every player, delighted with the result. Can't name anyone who hasn't been up for it yesterday, Wenger's team selection has been spot on.

Theo's response to their actings has been just brilliant, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw that. In recent seasons, I'm sure that banter would've backfired (us conceding just afterwards, etc.) but this time, I was certain we're going to survive everything they throw at us. No way is he going to get charged for that - Adecunt didn't either in 2009, when he ran over the length of the pitch to celebrate in front of our fans. If they decide to punish anyone, it's got to be the Spu*s fans, because of throwing coins at him.
Going by Theo's overall reaction, I don't think it's that serious an injury either, so we should be fine too.

All in all a great evening, we've once more ended their season, and we've kept our momentum. Another clean sheet, another home win and further proof that our squad depth is decent.

I really hope we're going to get an easier draw this time for the fourth round, because as the season goes on, we'll have to rotate a bit more so a more kind draw next time would be much appreciated.

yuvken

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
I really hope we're going to get an easier draw this time for the fourth round, because as the season goes on, we'll have to rotate a bit more so a more kind draw next time would be much appreciated.
Easier draw than this? :roll: is that even possible? and we did rotate quite a few - GK, Mert, Oz, and Gibbs and Rambo were also not there. I think next time we'll send Kos alone to play them, it'll still be too much.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
yuvken said:
redwhiteAustrian said:
Easier draw than this? :roll: is that even possible? and we did rotate quite a few - GK, Mert, Oz, and Gibbs and Rambo were also not there. I think next time we'll send Kos alone to play them, it'll still be too much.
Indeed. :lol:

Jasard

What will happen about the coin throwing? Club fine? Or just try and look at video evidence and ban individuals?

Jasard

BdKQSJSCMAEqAe2.jpg:large

Why was he watching the game in a cab office..? :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom