• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup | Arsenal Vs Tottenham | 04/01/14 | 5:15 PM

scytheavatar

Established Member
Rain Dance said:
yuvken said:
Hope Utd beat Swansea. Don't want to have to face Swansea in the next round.

you want ManUre next?

I defo would love to be drawn to ManUre, they got lucky earlier this season that they fought us when we have an illness outbreak and we have to prove our superiority against them. Chances are they will focus on securing their league position and getting far in the CL anyway and won't give as much attention to the FA Cup so I don't see much reason to fear them even at Old Toilet.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Taylor Gang Gunners said:
I thought Monreal played brilliantly well. Defensively he was sound, made a couple of key interceptions. You can tell he's technically gifted going forward too, he gets his head up a lot when he gets to the byline which is always promising. I also thought he passed the 'Lennon test' with flying colours. In the first half Tottenham obviously tried to exploit the right hand side with Lennon and Walker to no avail, we dealt well with Tottenham and they rarely ever looked threatening.

£100M :lol:.
<3
Yep agreed. Great game from Monreal. He's got tremendous energy and great technique. Really like this player.

General

Established Member
Everyone will have an opinion on whether Theo's indiscretions constitute a rule break or not. It won't stop the inevitable though i.e. the FA charging him and banning him for his troubles. My concern at the time was that it took attention away from the football, reduced us to ten men and from previous history it could've easily been terminal for us. But feck it just like the pope told them ( :wink: ), we won. This may well be a free ticket to ending the trophy drought.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Just went through the famous Adebayor incident back in 2009, and saw he was banned for two games and fined 25k for celebrating in front of our fans, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if the FA decided to ban Theo too.

However, if he gets as many matches as Jack did for his offensive gesture, the FA can **** right off.

kenkbc2

redwhiteAustrian said:
Jasard said:
Typical, harder than the last round

Indeed.
Going to be tough, that.

If it was the post 2006, pre 2013 squad, this would not seem too funny, but I guess we all agree that this current squad is made of much sterner stuff. So yeah, I'll have a chuckle or two over the remark,... :)

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

blaze_of_glory said:
I think he might have come on if we hadn't had all the injuries.

I think Theo would have gone off and not got injured if TV didnt have to go off.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
redwhiteAustrian said:
Just went through the famous Adebayor incident back in 2009, and saw he was banned for two games and fined 25k for celebrating in front of our fans, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if the FA decided to ban Theo too.

However, if he gets as many matches as Jack did for his offensive gesture, the FA can **** right off.

Different circumstances so I'm not too sure. Maybe a monetary fine but as he was already off the pitch and it wasn't a goal celebration, I don't think the same rules apply.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom