• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup Semi Final-Arsenal v Reading; Sat 18th 17.20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

It really bothers me that Vela can't make the thread, so if we're jinxed, I will be finding you Vela!!
I expect us to be unchanged like the last two weeks.
Cazorla has been good at wembley for us and if my memory serves me right, always scores against Reading.
Let's hope our players are more relaxed than last year after getting rid of the trophy hoodoo so it doesn't have to be so nervy.

So yeah...come on arsenal.​

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

BTW if we lose, I will NEVER be making a thread again !:mad:

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Think we need to rotate in some players for this one, with Chelsea the following weekend, its a good chance to place players like Sanchez on the bench. Im not advocating players to be dropped altogether (its better to have them around if needed), it is the FA Cup Semi after all, but we have the quality in depth to allow it. Maybe Özil or Cazorla for players like Rosicky, Welbeck/Theo for the Sanchez and give Paulista some play time.

Still, important to not under estimate Reading, we don't need Extra time & Penalties this time round, lets finish them off in the 90minutes and look to next weekend.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Finally someone dared to start this thread.

Cup games are never easy, so I guess the only change Wenger will make will be in goal.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Szczesny
Bellerin Koscielny Gabriel Monreal
Ramsey Coquelin
Welbeck Özil Alexis
Giroud

Think Santi could use a breather, although Wenger might just go with the same team as the last two matches. Hopefully Debuchy can come on and get some minutes under his belt so he's ready to start against Chelsea.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Szczesny
Bellerin Gabriel Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Coquelin
Welbeck Özil Alexis
Giroud

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I've been looking forward to his game soooo bad. Its a 3 day festival here in Atlanta form friday till Sunday, I am off from work, will wake up Saturday morning after good first day of music, start drinking with Atlanta Gooners at a bar (surprisingly big crowd), and then continue the day (happy as ever I hope) with one of favorite bands ever Primus. Oh happy day

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
BTW if we lose, I will NEVER be making a thread again !:mad:
And if we win, you'll be making match threads for the remainder of your life.

I expect our players to take this very seriously and take very good care of Reading.

We'll be playing at Wem-ber-ley, we'll win at Wem-ber-ley and we'll be going to Wem-ber-ley once more to claim the trophee with our name on it.

nicky47

Established Member
I've been looking forward to his game soooo bad. Its a 3 day festival here in Atlanta form friday till Sunday, I am off from work, will wake up Saturday morning after good first day of music, start drinking with Atlanta Gooners at a bar (surprisingly big crowd), and then continue the day (happy as ever I hope) with one of favorite bands ever Primus. Oh happy day
Sounds like hell of a good weekend man!

I'll be at Alton Towers over the weekend and will hopefully just about catch the game somewhere in Derby. Cannot wait for this one either, after this weekend we'll know exactly who'll be in this FA Cup final... I just keep imagining winning the cup again, it would be such an achievement to retain it!

Last year I missed the game and had barely any reception where I was, fair to say it was a nightmare. I thought we were 2-1 up at 1 point, haha. Still, can't get ahead of ourselves here, these games are rarely easy and Reading can't be taken lightly!!

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I would be even happier if we win it this year, then last. Its always harder to retain cup then just win it once, and looking at our trophy list lately, and improvements we are making, to win it again this year would mean so much to the team.

Last year I was drinking heavy while playing final, those 2 early goals made me speed up with beer. As soon as we lifted the trophy I passed out :)

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Reading are in a worse position than Wigan were last season, while we're in a much better one compared to last season's SF at Wembley.

The way we played against Middlesbrough at home should be the blueprint for this - professional and assured performance against a lower side, nothing less should be on display.

Danskin

Established Member
It's quite ironic that Szczesny wanted to play in the FA Cup final last season but he didn't because our 2nd GK always plays in the Cup. Now he will get the chance to play in the final if we win.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's quite ironic that Szczesny wanted to play in the FA Cup final last season but he didn't because our 2nd GK always plays in the Cup. Now he will get the chance to play in the final if we win.
I dont think he will this time.

It;s not like we've always played our No.2 in finals. It's only a recent thing. It could well change, and I expect it to. If we get there.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I do feel the weakest link in this game will be sir chezny.. Cups are all about performing on the day and like last year, Its a keeper that havet played a match in a good while. Our team is alot better than Theirs though. Should be a easy win!

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well my son and I will have a meal out then onto Wembley.
We should win, but not taking it for granted.
Szczesny ,has point to prove and long as he keeps cool head,will be fine.
I think Theo will play a big part in the game.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
As long as we play the game and not the occasion we'll be fine, I think that'll be the case too. Last year against Wigan and even Hull, we didn't play as freely and had to rely on character more than our footballing ability to get back into the games. This time the lads will have the experience of last year under their belts, as well as a world class Chilean and a reformed handsome Frenchman.

As a keen Championship watcher I have to say there shouldn't be any real threat from Reading, I've followed their last few games and they've lost all of them. They tend to give up after going a goal down which I suspect will infuriate their fans. I don't think our team will change much from Burnley, I can't help but think Walcott on Wembley's huge pitch would be devastating, for that reason I'd start him. I'd also like to see Ramsey back central, I'd go;

Szczesny
Bellerin Koscielny Mertesacker Monreal
Ramsey Coquelin
Walcott Özil Sanchez
Giroud​

Subs: Ospina, Debuchy, Gabriel, Flamini, Cazorla, Rosicky, Welbeck.

4-0 to the mighty Arsenal, COYG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom