• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup: Third Round| Arsenal vs Leeds United | Monday 6th January | KO: 19:56 | BBC One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arteta had a bit of mare so far...Papa at right back, the midfield that got Emery sacked...should at least go 3 at the back, if we don’t make subs.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Main problem we have right now is that Phillips is running the show. Not just because of his passing but because he’s always moving into space giving the back four a passing option.

Sitting in behind our front three means their press is pointless, Guendouzi and Xhaka aren’t mobile enough to get up and close him down.

We should get Willock on to do it as most Championship teams look to combat him that way. Also our back four needs a change, maybe Saka for Sokratis and move him to left back. We’re struggling to press as a unit because the back four is clearly scared of getting ran behind.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
There's nothing really wrong with the formation. It's just the players we have in certain positions and their level of fitness. Torreira would negate a lot of the Leeds press. BBC is saying Özil should drop deep but who will he assist. No legs Laca? We need Auba there but Laca works better when we go long. Too many injuries and too many essential players we can't afford to risk.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Expected more tonight, and from a much younger team, so it's **** on two fronts for me. Just get the win and onto the next league game ffs.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
It doesn't make sense to pick out players today for this performance. You can clearly see, that the tactic is the main reason today.

None of the leeds players is a better than our players. But Leeds is ready for it.

Only Emi performing so far.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Hah. Sure mate. Won 2 aerial duels (guendouzi 0), 1 key pass, been fouled twice to slow down the game, and sits on a 80% PA.
Xhaka's probably been our best player first half, but easier to remember one foul at the center of the pitch than to actually have to analyze a game huh?
He literally committed three yellow card worthy fouls in three minutes, even the commentators on my stream pointed that out.
He lost so many headers that it isn’t even funny but yeah cling onto the 2 he somehow won

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That White guy going in at half time with a stiffy due to Lacardi B grinding on his ass. It'd be nice if Laca passed the ball once in a while.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Tunes in late. Hear that we've been outplayed. Sees Xhaka and Guendouzi midfield with Sokratis at right back. Performance explained.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Torreira is important to how Arteta wants us to play. We need someone who can play his position as a matter of urgency. Our game would fall apart if he was injured.

Interestingly, this was always the issue with Wenger teams, there was always a B2B who was holding it all together and was irreplaceable and seasons would usually fall apart when the inevitable injury occurred. Hopefully Arteta overcomes that with a better team system rather than relying on a particular player staying fit or just playing well.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Leeds should tire in the 2nd half. If they don't score early on, we should be able to exploit the gaps they're going to leave behind because of tiredness

CJJ

Established Member
He literally committed three yellow card worthy fouls in three minutes, even the commentators on my stream pointed that out.
He lost so many headers that it isn’t even funny but yeah cling onto the 2 he somehow won
Haha, what a plonker you are :D Keep mindlessly scapegoating mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom