• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup: West Ham vs Arsenal | 3/1/10, 16:15 | ITV 1

Alfonso

Established Member
App Arshavin was injured and that is why he did not feature today (Wenger being interviewed on five live). Hope its not too serious.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Del Boy said:
I think Diaby-Fabregas-Ramsey could fall flat on it's arse.
I think so too. Remember the initial thirty minutes against Wolves away. I haven't seen us that bad all season. Then Song came in instead and all of a sudden we looked like a title challenging team again.

IBL

Established Member
Ramsey is turning into a hell of a player for us, he could be our Gerrard type such is his power and physique. He's grown immenseley in the last few games, more than capable of starting and lasting the whole game.

I loved the way we battled towards the end, the players fought for everything. Diaby and Song together defensively can be very effective in hunting down opposition players.

I'm surprised Eboue didnt start ahead of Sagna. And whats up with Rosicky? Anyway I think we can definitely beat Stoke if we keep the ball low and keep our tempo high.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Alfonso said:
Accomplished said:
I strongly disagree.

Why? Today confirmed that we need a new striker, no doubt about it. That Eduardo header was just paper over the cracks. Seriously, Jay Simpson is a better option than Eduardo at the moment.

Agreed.

Our attack is really hurting us right now, though you wouldn't know by the number we score. No pace, no outlets, hold-up play, strength.

est

Ice Berg legend said:
I'm surprised Eboue didnt start ahead of Sagna. And whats up with Rosicky?
Eboue's already in Angola, mate. :wink:

Rosicky is either injured or rested. Knowing him, I'd put my money on the former... :?

yuvken

Established Member
fabo said:
Alfonso said:
Accomplished said:
I strongly disagree.

Why? Today confirmed that we need a new striker, no doubt about it. That Eduardo header was just paper over the cracks. Seriously, Jay Simpson is a better option than Eduardo at the moment.

Agreed.

Our attack is really hurting us right now, though you wouldn't know by the number we score. No pace, no outlets, hold-up play, strength.
It is true we are missing some options that a good strong striker can bring, but with so many midfielders entering and threatening in the box (cesc, diaby, ramsey: they are now all going in for the kill!), a continued resurgence of Edouardo gives a unique, almost forgotten option. He is, after all, a great fox in the box when he's on form.

If we also get something out of vela (last 15 today gave me hope; I'm a sucker, I know), and Nick comes back on a high... I'm not changing my verdict - we'll do well to get a striker now. But not all is doom even up there.

IBL

Established Member
est said:
Ice Berg legend said:
I'm surprised Eboue didnt start ahead of Sagna. And whats up with Rosicky?
Eboue's already in Angola, mate. :wink:

Rosicky is either injured or rested. Knowing him, I'd put my money on the former... :?
ah, cheers mate I'd no idea Eboue was off already. We could have done with Rosicky today in the first 60 mins, there was very little composure and cutting edge up front

qs

Established Member
How the **** did yer man get away with kicking Diaby in the face like that today? Outrageous refereeing to not even give him a yellow, straight red in my view.

General

Established Member
Brilliant cup game. I thought West Ham's behaviour after 70 mins was typical with player after player going down trying to buy time. Their legs were clearly gone and it serves them right for the suicidal tempo they played in the first half. I still can't work out why Rob Green went down clutching his midriff. The back five kept us in the game and I thought Silvestre did ok even if a bit rusty at times. Having too many rookies from the start was always going to tough and good to see Diaby come in and exert his authority straight away. Ramsey's stamina for a 19 year old kid is incredible and technically he's starting to catch up. I fear Song's absence could pull the rug from under the team but I guess only time will tell.

Away to Stoke is always tough but usually at this stage of the season, technique and quality become dominant factors when the grafters have lost their legs. Wenger didn't seem too perturbed by the draw either.

Del Boy said:
f**k those slags Wet Spam and f**k gypsy boy Diamanti. c**nts!

He's an absolute idiot and I'm glad we had the last laugh. Clattenburg’s behaviour for the high boot on Diaby was disgraceful. I don’t think he would’ve shown the same courtesy had it been the other way round.

Del Boy

Established Member
It was a disgrace. I remember RVP getting a red card for a similar incident a few years ago and yet some how that wasn't even a yellow?

And this from the same bloke who didn't act on Adebayor's stamp on Van Persie despite clearly seeing that incident as well.

Some of these guys should be out of a job by now.

patrick42uk

Established Member
Second time Wenger has made the curious choice of suggesting Ramsey can play as a full back. Presumably that means he's Sagna's back up whilst Eboue is away.

Del Boy

Established Member
Also one time Diamanti ran 10 yards and shoved Vela to the floor with two hands. And it wasn't even a foul... :roll:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Vela was a massive upgrade to Eduardo on the left. He was excellent in the second-half. I have always thought that's his best position.

General

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Vela was a massive upgrade to Eduardo on the left. He was excellent in the second-half. I have always thought that's his best position.

The same way Eduardo was a massive upgrade on Vela through the middle. Despite his poor form he's a better option centrally and the timing of his runs is twice more incisive. Sure he won't win you many shoulders to shoulders but neither would Vela. He's taken a lot of criticism on his board but he's nothing more than a player lacking confidence. As the old adage goes form is temporary class is....

Rorz

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:

Vela still needs to be more aggressive in going past players on the left though. Too often he recieved the ball and just played it back square or behind. The times he was more adventurous and got the ball into the box or put in a cross we looked more dangerous.

nazo

Established Member
I swear Ramsey always creates the chances to score a goal a game. What a special talent.

ultradoc

Established Member
nazo said:
I swear Ramsey always creates the chances to score a goal a game. What a special talent.
and he has a good shot too(better than fabregas) on him.from the D and thereabouts. special talent indeed.

tam1886

Established Member
Rorz said:
GoonerGurjit said:

Vela still needs to be more aggressive in going past players on the left though. Too often he recieved the ball and just played it back square or behind. The times he was more adventurous and got the ball into the box or put in a cross we looked more dangerous.
Yeah that was annoying me. He had the beating of the right back all day long if he wanted but just wouldn't open up and go for it most of the time.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom