• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Investigating Over Suspicious Betting Pattern during an Arsenal match

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I couldn’t agree more. **** them. Betting companies are much lower on the moral scale than anybody finding ways to beat an immoral system. All is fair in love and war.

If the investigation is still ongoing then it’s a bit of a head scratcher, because unless you find a link to the player, no crime has been committed by anybody. And the chances of them linking this to any player unless they’ve been completely stupid, is zero.
He who pays the piper calls the tune..

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Unlikely this goes anywhere with the player, as given the maddening inconsistency of referees in England it is very very difficult to engineer an interpretation based decision outcome (unless so wild as to have broader consequences) in a team based sport with wild variance. I mean, how many times have we seen referees not book people in equivalent scenarios.
Also, if the official is under suspicion, one would have to start asking how many of them are on a special Granit Xhaka retainer give the amount of appalling decisions he's been on the end of.

Of course the Daily Mail somehow finding a way to give a racist angle is hardly a surprise, **** that they are.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
There’s nothing immoral about match fixing or spot fixing. F the betting companies. Whoever steals from them, I say good on you.

But… Xhaka has nothing to do with this. Unless in some crazy scenario he had family in Albania kidnapped by gangsters and he was blackmailed into doing it for their freedom… which wouldn’t make him guilty as he wouldn’t have seeked to benefit financially…. It makes zero sense for him to do anything like this.

Totally unrelated to this situation but there's a huge amount wrong with spot fixing or match fixing.

Don't care if it's just for a throw in. It's against the integrity of sport. I don't care about the betting companies but you're cheating your teammates, the fans etc, the sport in general. That's not okay.

I doubt Xhaka has done anything wrong but in general anyone proven to be involved in any kind of match fixing should be banned from the sport for life imo.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
And the ref acted rationally in that situation. Xhaka didn't.
No?

Over the course of last year we have done time wasting on purpose in most games, regardless of how much we were ahead. Xhaka's action wasn't in any way out of the oridinary.

He's got other yellow's for timewasting in similiar situations as well.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Totally unrelated to this situation but there's a huge amount wrong with spot fixing or match fixing.

Don't care if it's just for a throw in. It's against the integrity of sport. I don't care about the betting companies but you're cheating your teammates, the fans etc, the sport in general. That's not okay.

I doubt Xhaka has done anything wrong but in general anyone proven to be involved in any kind of match fixing should be banned from the sport for life imo.
A yellow card in the 90th minute is not going to hurt your team or fans. My point is all about the evil betting companies.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
What Albanian mafia? I think English media should be more focused on Russian-English mafia (there is a long time love going on between these two nations, from the time they married their princess to that Russian "royal") that have captured the entire UK nation state.

Historically France and England were Russian satellites or something like that.
What are you on about? Been eating the fun mushrooms from the pixy girl again?!

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
A yellow card in the 90th minute is not going to hurt your team or fans. My point is all about the evil betting companies.

This isn't some Robin Hood situation where you're stealing from the rich and corrupt and giving to the virtuous poor though.

These sorts of situations often involve criminal gangs pulling the strings and making the big money. It's not like match fixing is the only form of criminality they're up to either.

There's no excuse for it in a league like the PL anyway. In real lower league football or countries where the players make a pittance I can kind of see why a player would be tempted ( though i still think it's terrible) for financial gain.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Imagine trying to frame Xhaka as a suspect, the guys an idiot who picks up random bookings at random times, you're gonna struggle to obtain evidence there :D
Maybe that's what makes him so perfect for it...... He gets stupid bookings left, right and centre so no one will raise an eyebrow when he gets another for something equally as daft.
From The FC

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
That's a great point, how do we know these Xhaka white knights are not part of the Albanian mafia

Need to protect us and the forum

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why are people getting so sensitive over the mere mention of a country? There’s probably more Albanian mafia in London currently than there is in Albania ffs. How has racism got into this? Anyway , he’s Swiss, so you’re ok 🤣

@lomekian To suggest the ref even might be under suspicion is ludicrous and nonsensical. Look, it’s pretty simple. If whoever is investigating it can make a link to the player, then they all get punished. If they can’t, nobody gets punished. Anything broader than that is a irrelevant.

Slug457

To suggest the ref even might be under suspicion is ludicrous and nonsensical.
In a normal spot fixing case, I.E bet placed on player to get yellow and he's sliding in from minute one to get yellow, sure, player responsibility. This supposed incident is about a specific bet about a player getting a yellow from 80 minutes on, if that said player was not once sticking a foot in for all 80 minutes then began lunging in from that point on, player responsibility. That's not what happened, think you've acknowledged previously Xhaka was doing normal Xhaka things all match, even made a red worthy challenge, if he was in on it why would he be making those type of tackles, thus ruining the bet? Unless he was aware the ref was not going to be book him prior to that point.

Again, I think all this is nonsensical guff that will nowhere. Been said repeatedly the player is not under investigation, liability reasons or not, we can only go off what we are being given. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, just like it is with other investigations like players visiting sick relatives without the consent of the club, hope we can all agree 100% innocent until proven guilty.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

No?

Over the course of last year we have done time wasting on purpose in most games, regardless of how much we were ahead. Xhaka's action wasn't in any way out of the oridinary.

He's got other yellow's for timewasting in similiar situations as well.

Are there any Albanian Mafia in Switzerland or Germany? Never heard of it.

Normally you would hear of Albanian mafia from Russian sources & co.. England etc. :eyess:

There are nations that have huge respect for us as a nation, deservedly, but when it comes to Russia, its cousins, England and some other states we are mafia blah blah blah.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Xhaka has been binge watching Peaky Blinders
🤦‍♂️
... and clearly wreaking havoc as he stays rent-free in the heads of many here.

This is a non story but just another sting operation on Granit by media.

Some colourful imagination you have here but now with the new clickbaity keyword of Albanian Mafia 😅. Typical of DailyMail hit pieces and many here have bitten.

Unless there is something concrete and direct with Granit (highly unlikely), this thread is closed.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@Erlis and @BergMan right now...

3LCE.gif

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom