• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Investigating Over Suspicious Betting Pattern during an Arsenal match

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
There’s nothing immoral about match fixing or spot fixing. F the betting companies. Whoever steals from them, I say good on you.

But… Xhaka has nothing to do with this. Unless in some crazy scenario he had family in Albania kidnapped by gangsters and he was blackmailed into doing it for their freedom… which wouldn’t make him guilty as he wouldn’t have seeked to benefit financially…. It makes zero sense for him to do anything like this.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
There’s nothing immoral about match fixing or spot fixing. F the betting companies. Whoever steals from them, I say good on you.
I couldn’t agree more. **** them. Betting companies are much lower on the moral scale than anybody finding ways to beat an immoral system. All is fair in love and war.

If the investigation is still ongoing then it’s a bit of a head scratcher, because unless you find a link to the player, no crime has been committed by anybody. And the chances of them linking this to any player unless they’ve been completely stupid, is zero.

Last edited:

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

But… Xhaka has nothing to do with this. Unless in some crazy scenario he had family in Albania kidnapped by gangsters and he was blackmailed into doing it for their freedom… which wouldn’t make him guilty as he wouldn’t have seeked to benefit financially…. It makes zero sense for him to do anything like this.

Are you his wife?

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I couldn’t agree more. **** them. Betting companies are much lower on the moral scale than anybody finding ways to beat an immoral system. All is fair in love and war.

If the investigation is still ongoing then it’s a bit of a head scratcher, because unless you find a link to the player, no crime has been committed by anybody. And the chances of them linking this to any player unless they’ve been completely stupid, is zero.

They should shut this “investigation” down, wasting tax payer’s money and won’t result in anything.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
They should shut this “investigation” down, wasting tax payer’s money and won’t result in anything.
Very little details have been disclosed of the investigation anyway as is normally the case until something solid comes to light. If the investigation is still ongoing you can only conclude that they are fairly confident of finding a link to any guilty party otherwise it’s a lot of money wasted. This is only marginally more interesting than any other case of spot fixing because it involves an Arsenal player, other than that I couldn’t give a toss. Just means football fans who are aware of the case will probably label him as a bit of a dodgy character and that’s it. I’d happily see our players start throwing their own poo each other in the 94th minute of every game as long as we are 4–1 up 👌🏽

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
In Italy these kind of mafia are seriously involved before many players got banned from playing after the police discovered they were involved with Eastern Europe mafia.

As for Xhaka i hope he not in this sort of thing he already earn so much money.

Slug457

And the ref acted rationally in that situation. Xhaka didn't.
Was the ref acting rationally when he didn't give him a yellow for a near red card worthy challenge earlier in the match? Xhaka had no clear passing options on the FK as all our players were marked, he then told the players to move up before going to kick it long and was given a yellow, if it was time wasting that is a common strategy employed by Arteta away from home, just because we're 4 - 1 up doesn't mean we are going to start f'ing about with it

In my view this is a nothing story used to bait Arsenal fans and possibly distract the squad (although it will now only distract Xhaka). Been stated repeatedly the player is not under investigation. If anything the ref looks suspicious as they are normally chomping at the bit to give him yellows/send him off :lol:

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

In Italy these kind of mafia are seriously involved before many players got banned from playing after the police discovered they were involved with Eastern Europe mafia.

As for Xhaka i hope he not in this sort of thing he already earn so much money.
In Kosova all these betting things have been closed and there is a restriction for them to operate, by law, so no chance for Xhaka to have any connection to any other country, including Albania proper. So I think all should calm down.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
In Kosova all these betting things have been closed and there is a restriction for them to operate, by law so no chamce for Xhaka to have any connection to any other country, including Albania proper. So I think all should calm down.
Yes these things stopped happening after few players got banned this like was 6 years ago . I'd be surprised if it keep happening in football specially in PL

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

In Kosova all these betting things have been closed and there is a restriction for them to operate, by law, so no chance for Xhaka to have any connection to any other country, including Albania proper. So I think all should calm down.

We are calm. You are not.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Im all for screw the bookies but unless its professional wrestling match fixing is completely wrong. Its wrong on your team mates, coaches, the opposition and its completely wrong on fans who invest their time into the game.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Linking Xhaka to Albanian mafia seems stereotypical/xenophobic to me. I don’t think they’d do this with other players it just seems like a lazy link to make for a player that’s an easy target.
I don’t think this investigation has been fabricated by the English press… Are they capable of making up an Albanian mafia involvement? Probably. But at this stage you have to probably go with the probability that this is organised crime if the NCA are involved, and organised crime is gangster work. Unless of course you are saying the NCA are xenophobic, which wouldn’t make sense.

Halcyon Daze

There’s nothing immoral about match fixing. I mean, you can’t be serious. Can you?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Was the ref acting rationally when he didn't give him a yellow for a near red card worthy challenge earlier in the match? Xhaka had no clear passing options on the FK as all our players were marked, he then told the players to move up before going to kick it long and was given a yellow, if it was time wasting that is a common strategy employed by Arteta away from home, just because we're 4 - 1 up doesn't mean we are going to start f'ing about with it

In my view this is a nothing story used to bait Arsenal fans and possibly distract the squad (although it will now only distract Xhaka). Been stated repeatedly the player is not under investigation. If anything the ref looks suspicious as they are normally chomping at the bit to give him yellows/send him off :lol:
The press are playing it very safe by saying he’s not involved, because they know they don’t need to say he’s involved at the end of the day. They won’t leave themselves open to a libel case on a technicality. What is known fact though, is that this centres around his yellow card and Betfair alerting the police. Then the press find out about it and have to be careful about how they report it.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
There’s nothing immoral about match fixing. I mean, you can’t be serious. Can you?
The only people you hurt are the greedy and evil betting companies, who sham and scam millions of poor folk of their hard earned cash, making them believe they can become richer, when it is the betting companies themselves who get rich. Whatever hurts these companies, I’m all for it. In fact, you’d be doing society a good deed.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom