• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FIFA 2005- SYDNEY PLESTAN (PIRES?)

shonsuperstar

after i joined arsenal at the end of the 3rd season (beginning of 4th) ther was a 19 year old called sydney plestan who is already a 3 and a half star. after playing with him a bit i noticed that the comentaters call him 'Pires'. Does anyone else have this player? or was he created by the game coz by now a few players had retired? please answer me if you know or if you have some thoughts. :?
thnx

shonsuperstar

but why is his name sydney plestan and the comentators call him pires. wouldnt it be better to call the guy pires something? thnx 4 your answer thou

The Mini

Its just a random name, generated by the game. They call him Pires (or whatever player hes replaced) because thats how it is, now other way to explain.

Evil Dragon

So let me get this correct, when say Lehmann retires in the game, and gets replaced by someone called `Stefan Yansolich` it will still call him `Lehmann` :lol:

Allyboy

Established Member
Slack programming from EA methinks. :wink:

I live for the day EA loses all their licenses and they go to Pro Evolution Soccer, its a far superior barrel of monkeys!

seb_afc

Established Member
i must say ive never encountered this problem. the players who come in are very similar i.e same height hair colour just with different faces. the commentator doesnt call them by their old names on mine though...

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
The commentary is a bit annoying. The thing I hate the most is when they say your team's won the league, when there's one game to play and you are 15 points behind the leaders. :roll:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I play best with a 4-4-1-1 formation. It hard to keep long shots down but I'm pretty good from just outside the area. Keep them low and hard. Direction is the key to success imo.

seb_afc

Established Member
how do you keep them low? with the direction pad? as for the direction is it possible to make the ball swerve?

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
To keep them low you have to hit the O button twice very quickly, but you have to get enough power. Thats the tricky bit. To make the ball swerve you have to press up and left/right together.

shonsuperstar

anyone then press triangle to chose a player. doesent work everytime but its by far the easiest way to score

shonsuperstar

o and btw, after you have pressed triangle look at the guy who takes the corner. stert your guys run just as the corner taker is lowering his arm. that should do it

seb_afc

Established Member
yeah.. i still havent scored a nice direct corner, only if it bobbles about in the box, which doesnt happen too often. what i find about fifa is that its too repetative. as free kicks are all the same, corners, keeper saves are the same... and after playing for two months it starts to get on your tits.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Top Bottom