• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Yes I want Balogun to sign a new deal, he looks to have great potential. I also think Nketiah deserves a run at CF in the PL before we write him off. If we don't at least try him, he could well become the Gnabry in your comparison.
Non, I doubt it. I saw Gnabry play before he left us, Nketieh does not compare. Balogun, on the other hands looks like he may have the makings.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Too early to judge Eddie. A lot of people saying hes not good enough etc etc. Hes still a young player. Yes he isnt Haaland level but that doesnt mean he cant be a very good goalscorer.

PEA at 21 was being loaned around France with little success.

Wrighty at 21 was still playing for Greenwich.

Not every striker has to be able to do everything. Zlatan cant run in behind. Henry was crap in the air.

You also cannot say Balogun is better. What you do in youth football doesnt always translate in senior football. And until he plays his way into the PL side we are all guessing.

Ciscoo

Another striker we’ve recently let go of- Donyell Malen- is having a very promising start to his career. 5 Dutch caps at 21.

We have to hold on to these guys a little longer. Our academy is a potential cash cow if we play our cards right.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Non, I doubt it. I saw Gnabry play before he left us, Nketieh does not compare. Balogun, on the other hands looks like he may have the makings.

I'm not comparing Nketiah with Gnabry as a player, just saying we should at least give him a fair chance before we write him off. I agree re Balogun but that is a separate discussion.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I'm not comparing Nketiah with Gnabry as a player, just saying we should at least give him a fair chance before we write him off. I agree re Balogun but that is a separate discussion.
Very well then. We're agreed.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Another striker we’ve recently let go of- Donyell Malen- is having a very promising start to his career. 5 Dutch caps at 21.

We have to hold on to these guys a little longer. Our academy is a potential cash cow if we play our cards right.

It's easy to say this but English developed players are increasingly looking abroad for playing time rather than staying at PL clubs where because of the money it's harder and harder to get minutes

Ciscoo

It's easy to say this but English developed players are increasingly looking abroad for playing time rather than staying at PL clubs where because of the money it's harder and harder to get minutes

I agree. It’s not a criticism of us, more negligence from the FA/PFA. Clubs like us need to make consistent money from our academies, or we’ll lose interest.

We’re already seeing this for smaller clubs, even if the context is a little different.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Too early to judge Eddie. A lot of people saying hes not good enough etc etc. Hes still a young player. Yes he isnt Haaland level but that doesnt mean he cant be a very good goalscorer.

PEA at 21 was being loaned around France with little success.

Wrighty at 21 was still playing for Greenwich.

Not every striker has to be able to do everything. Zlatan cant run in behind. Henry was crap in the air.

You also cannot say Balogun is better. What you do in youth football doesnt always translate in senior football. And until he plays his way into the PL side we are all guessing.

Not every striker has to be able to do everything but Eddie has no standout physical attributes.

You say Auba at 21 was getting loaned around Europe. True but he had unbelievable pace. A fantastic trait.

He will not make it here and he isnt good enough to be a top striker, plain and simple, hasnt shown anything in plenty of PL games to suggest otherwise.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Not every striker has to be able to do everything but Eddie has no standout physical attributes.

You say Auba at 21 was getting loaned around Europe. True but he had unbelievable pace. A fantastic trait.

He will not make it here and he isnt good enough to be a top striker, plain and simple, hasnt shown anything in plenty of PL games to suggest otherwise.

He might not make it here in the sense of becoming the next Henry. But could he be a useful Wiltord providing a goalscorer of the bench? Yes.

Usain bolt has fantastic pace. You need more to be a footballer. And if you actually study Auba. How many goals does he score by "outpacing" a defender? Very few.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He might not make it here in the sense of becoming the next Henry. But could he be a useful Wiltord providing a goalscorer of the bench? Yes.

Usain bolt has fantastic pace. You need more to be a footballer. And if you actually study Auba. How many goals does he score by "outpacing" a defender? Very few.

No but he uses his pace and movement to get into the positions to score goals.

Nketiah has the movement i will give him that, but he doesn't have the pace to get there ahead of most defenders in the PL. Just how it is, not his fault.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The critiquing of Nketiah is too harsh. Despite not being quite as physical (he still has to develop physically), Nketiah could be our version of Vardy or Ings with a bit of luck. He a tireless worker, who knows where the goal is.

His all round game isn't great granted.

It's possible to notice Balogun's promise without ****ting on Nketiah.

I'm more excited by Balogun, but when Laca gets sold and when Auba moves on in a couple of seasons, Martinelli, Nketiah and Balogun would be a solid stable of replacements. We need to keep all 3.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
No but he uses his pace and movement to get into the positions to score goals.

Nketiah has the movement i will give him that, but he doesn't have the pace to get there ahead of most defenders in the PL. Just how it is, not his fault.

Yeah but he can develop and becoming smarter as he gets more experience. Van Nistelrooy wasnt fast. I dont remember Andy Cole being blistering. You dont need to have one standout quality to be an effective player.

Watching Gabriel Jesus here. He has no standout quality. He isnt fast, isnt that good hold up, isnt good in the air, apart from working hard has no clear bright point. Still a good player though.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah but he can develop and becoming smarter as he gets more experience. Van Nistelrooy wasnt fast. I dont remember Andy Cole being blistering. You dont need to have one standout quality to be an effective player.

Watching Gabriel Jesus here. He has no standout quality. He isnt fast, isnt that good hold up, isnt good in the air, apart from working hard has no clear bright point. Still a good player though.

Jesus is quick and fairly good at dribbling, far better than Eddie. But as you can see he's pretty lacking in a top team which will be what Nketiah is for us. Just not good enough.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Top scorer so far this season. One of the best for mins per goal also.

Maybe we should give him a start instead of slating him seeing as we can’t score for shiyte

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If he has pace he doesnt show it at all. He does not use it if he has it, he's honestly so average and he's shown it in plenty of PL games now.

Hes 21 playing in a team that isnt creating. That is relying on has been players and that allows no freedom in movement. Every single move seems pre rehearsed.

He hasnt even been given a proper run which is normal. Hes young and learning the senior game. Very few strikers look top level at 21. And the ones that do are often elite level like Haaland, Mbappe etc.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

It's possible to notice Balogun's promise without ****ting on Nketiah.
Literally this

Nketiah is an afterthought for me but I don’t get the constant need to say he’s limited or whatever when talking up Balogun.

I’d hate to see what you guys would be saying about Ian Wright in his prime.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom