• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
At Arsenal, yes. Other clubs dont seem to have this issue bizarrely.
Um...every other premier league club has this problem. City have Foden and no-one else. Utd only gave Rashford a chance because they had no one else to pick. But everyone knew about him and greenwood when they were 14-15. Liverpool have TAA and maybe Jones now. Chelsea have 3 or 4, but are older and have done about 15 loans between them. Sp**s = kane and winks.

We've got more kids from the academy getting game time than every other club in the EPL

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Um...every other premier league club has this problem. City have Foden and no-one else. Utd only gave Rashford a chance because they had no one else to pick. But everyone knew about him and greenwood when they were 14-15. Liverpool have TAA and maybe Jones now. Chelsea have 3 or 4, but are older and have done about 15 loans between them. Sp**s = kane and winks.

We've got more kids from the academy getting game time than every other club in the EPL
Um, you didn't see my following posts.

Goonger

The one that cracks me up is when people say that we should sell Nketiah instead and give this guy his minutes, it's hilarious.

I know Eddie has looked average at best for us but the guy has 50 1st team appearances as well as being prolific at nearly every level of International football he has played. Balogun has a few dozen minutes of 1st team football and 1 cap for the England under 20's, he is way behind Nketiah currently.

As has been said, Eddie has had decent chances, not good enough to hold a place at Leeds, not done in enough in general play to hold a place at us, but really importantly, only has 18 months left on his deal so a decision needs to be made on him soon. My decision would be to sell & if not Balogun getting a chance & go for someone like Daka.

TornadoTed

Established Member
As has been said, Eddie has had decent chances, not good enough to hold a place at Leeds, not done in enough in general play to hold a place at us, but really importantly, only has 18 months left on his deal so a decision needs to be made on him soon. My decision would be to sell & if not Balogun getting a chance & go for someone like Daka.

I agree that Nketiah hasn't been good enough. My point was that he is miles ahead of Balogun in his development, if he isn't good enough then why do people think that Balogun would fair any better?

I guess I've just got invested in too many youngsters like Afobe, Akpom, Bentley, JET, Merida etc. to get excited about prospects these days. Once they are contributing to the 1st team consistently then I get excited. Up until that point they could just as easy end up lower league plodders as superstars.

KenyanGoon

I agree that Nketiah hasn't been good enough. My point was that he is miles ahead of Balogun in his development, if he isn't good enough then why do people think that Balogun would fair any better?

I guess I've just got invested in too many youngsters like Afobe, Akpom, Bentley, JET, Merida etc. to get excited about prospects these days. Once they are contributing to the 1st team consistently then I get excited. Up until that point they could just as easy end up lower league plodders as superstars.
Have you watched Balogun play? In the few minutes he has gotten he has already shown that he can hold the ball up better than Auba and Nketiah. He is probably even better than Laca at hold up play. On top of that he is very composed in front of goal. People are not raving about him for no reason, he is showing signs of being a very good player. Plus Wenger insisting on Walcott when Gnabry had shown a lot of potential is still fresh in people's minds. Feels like we are making the same mistake.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
The little I've seen of Balogun, he looks a promising player with an eye for goal and has a good physical presence for such a young player.

Nketiah I have seen more and has rarely done much to justify a long-term contract. It might be that he is further along in his development but that only confirms that he isn't going to make it here. Balogun, not having had a tenth of the chances, cannot be judged yet. Which is why it's a shame to lose him.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Not sure why Arteta is trying to question the agent, he kept Saka and Reiss here despite their contract going into their last year. So he obviously has a decent relationship with the club...

Balogun moving to Stuttgart is a good move for his career, Reiss would probably have been served better if he had moved too when he had the chance.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
I don't want him to go but him going will needlessly put too much pressure on Eddie as well now. Hope Eddie turns off his social media comments. Boy will be abused for every bad performance from fans crying over Balogun.

Iceman10

Established Member
I don't want him to go but him going will needlessly put too much pressure on Eddie as well now. Hope Eddie turns off his social media comments. Boy will be abused for every bad performance from fans crying over Balogun.

It's a tough game at this level, but either you can handle the pressure or you can't. Would rather look at positives in terms of opportunity for Eddie. He will grasp that opportunity or he won't, and the fallback is a successful career somewhere else. We're Arsenal, and to succeed with us a player has to be top level in all dimensions, including psychometric.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Have you watched Balogun play? In the few minutes he has gotten he has already shown that he can hold the ball up better than Auba and Nketiah. He is probably even better than Laca at hold up play. On top of that he is very composed in front of goal. People are not raving about him for no reason, he is showing signs of being a very good player. Plus Wenger insisting on Walcott when Gnabry had shown a lot of potential is still fresh in people's minds. Feels like we are making the same mistake.

I have seen most of his 74 minutes of 1st team play and yes I agree that he has looked good. However the sample size is so tiny that it is insignificant in my opinion.

Of course I would like him to stay, there is nothing better than seeing one of our own make it. I won't lose too much sleep though if he hasn't the patience to wait for his chance here or is asking more than he is worth.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
My ideal course of action would be to sell Lacazette & Nketiah, promote Balogun as back-up and buy a starting striker.

I like Nketiah, but he could fetch a decent sum towards a new striker and Balogun is talented and running down his contract so he couldn't get us some cash yet.

Becoming second striker next season should provide enough perspective, but I guess we're losing him. Could do the same with TJJ I guess. Just think we really need to cash in on some players to rebuild with high quality players in key positions.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
My ideal course of action would be to sell Lacazette & Nketiah, promote Balogun as back-up and buy a starting striker.
By doing that, the club would basically make a statement that Balogun will be a backup striker forever.
Think the kid wants to be more involved now and probably has the ambition to be the first choice within a year or two. Buying a new striker means that wouldn't happen.
At best, we can tell him that Eddie will be sold and he will be a rotation option while Laca is here for the next 2 seasons.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Just have this feeling that it's going to be a massive mistake to sell Balogun. In the few minutes he got, he already impressed me more than Nketiah. More composed, excellent physique and just has this look of a future elite forward. Another Gnabry will be very painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom