• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
By doing that, the club would basically make a statement that Balogun will be a backup striker forever.
Think the kid wants to be more involved now and probably has the ambition to be the first choice within a year or two. Buying a new striker means that wouldn't happen.
At best, we can tell him that Eddie will be sold and he will be a rotation option while Laca is here for the next 2 seasons.
Then we should let him go. No teenager can expect a clear and easy path to becoming the first choice in any position. You get to be the rotation option and you have to force your way into the starting XI by proving your quality.

Being the second striker at Arsenal at 20, playing in cup games and Europe and rotating in the league when necessary is already more than most 20 year old players can hope for.

Arsenal4life14

He clearly expects to be starting league games as well. Im sure the club have already offered him some cup games and possible other fixtures. But clearly in his mind he should be starting atleast 15-20 first team matches a season, Looking at other young players i dont blame him. Saka played mostly at LB and LWB before he got a solid chance in the position he wanted to play. It happens everywhere now though, young kids with huge potential wanting to be in the first team. Of course it will be sad to lose the kid, But theres more at stake for his career than it will affect us as a club.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Then we should let him go. No teenager can expect a clear and easy path to becoming the first choice in any position.
Every teenager should expect it as long as you have an underperforming group of seniors. I thought that was more than obvious with the success of Saka, ESR and Martinelli, and Balogun is not that different from them.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Every teenager should expect it as long as you have an underperforming group of seniors. I thought that was more than obvious with the success of Saka, ESR and Martinelli, and Balogun is not that different from them.
Yeah we should just play the u23 in the PL. they are doing so well in their own league

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Good for him that he wants to play regularly. Would have preferred a loan though. I hope at least they try to insert a buy back option.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

No, we need more senior deadwood and take another 5 loans to pay them for doing absolutely nothing
Our u23 are 4th from bottom in their league. They are actually doing worse than our first team. This kid will not go to a big club and play games. stop overrating the kids. Our first team is better than our U23 believe it or not and I am sure none of our strikers could master the great goalscoring of Balugon scoring 4 goals in 12 PL2 U23 games. Impressive

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Our u23 are 4th from bottom in their league. They are actually doing worse than our first team. This kid will not go to a big club and play games. stop overrating the kids. Our first team is better than our U23 believe it or not and I am sure none of our strikers could master the great goalscoring of Balugon scoring 4 goals in 12 PL2 U23 games. Impressive
I've had the same debates on this forum around ESR and Saka, the same people who were against them playing are now w*nking every weekend over their performances. You guys never learn

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

U23 team got a big overhaul this season, many went on loan and new players came in.

Maybe you can understand how these kind of changes can affect team play?

Still Balogun has 10 games and 4+2 in those. They have won 4 games in a row now.

Last edited:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I've had the same debates on this forum around ESR and Saka, the same people who were against them playing are now w*nking every weekend over their performances. You guys never learn
So what is the debate? No kid from u23 can ever be promoted? Or most kids are good enough? I’m only talking about Balugon and saying nothing in his record indicates he is this special talent. Nketiah has more impressive record

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I think this guy could be useful and if he's off, we've nothing to lose by playing him. We're not getting a fee and if he works out, we know the profile of player that can help. He may wait until the summer to sign for someone else so we might still be able to change his mind. It seems strange to me that Luiz, Mustafi and Kola have all got minutes despite not having a future here and Balogun is mothballed.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Could be an Akpom, could be a Gnabry. I'll have forgotten about Balogun by the time I press post reply.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Hearing Nico Gonzalez VfB Stuttgart -> Tottenham and Balogun Arsenal -> VfB Stuttgart is heating up

Sven's signing his old pals again, I see!

Is there any chance we just release him to VfB in exchange for a buy back/sell on?

He could well be up for getting game time now, rather than just doing nothing in the reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom