• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

For people who went to the game tonight....

Allyboy

Established Member
..... do you think the attendance was correct? I was sitting in the North Upper and reckoned I could see maybe 300-500 seats empty, which means that the Lower Tier which I could not see would have to have had about 6,500 empty seats!!!

I can't believe there were 7000 empty seats in the house tonight, I can only assume they based that on sales as of this morning and loads were sold during the day.

Or have I missed something?

IHateJam

I was there and I couldn't really see that many empty seats. But then I couldnt see the east upper which was above my head :wink:

Rupert

I was NB Lower and the edges of East upper and West upper looked like we lost around 2000-3000 seats there, but still 31000 does seem low

A

Anonymous

North Bank Lower was full i thought, west had spares to the sides.

KoLo28

couldn't see any of the west, clock and east looked full and most of the north bank was full..

Piston Broke

I was in the west lower & it looked like there was about 500/600 seats spare Also East & North Uppers Had about 700/800 each North Lower Looked Full East Lower looked like about 500/600 seats spare

I had a guess with my mate at the start of the game & we said 34,000 at least

Andrew

But from watching on TV I thought that the crowd made a lot of noise in this match, which is a complete contrast from our league game against boro.

Arsenal1989

i went last night Crowd was noisy alot of the night, Plus what i love about gooners is that when were losing we still cheer the team on unlike other teams fans who just sit there all quiet and boo the team now and again.

va_va_voom

I agree, thought the North upper had a few spare at the back, as did the Clock end, and away wasn't full, I would have said about 33,000. Alot of the back of the west lower was empty, not sure about the upper.

And what a b*stard it was with the tube packing up, took ages getting home!!!

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
va_va_voom said:
I agree, thought the North upper had a few spare at the back, as did the Clock end, and away wasn't full, I would have said about 33,000. Alot of the back of the west lower was empty, not sure about the upper.

And what a b*stard it was with the tube packing up, took ages getting home!!![/quote

a fire on picadiily line was told to the family members whom went

Allyboy

Established Member
Arsenal1989 said:
i went last night Crowd was noisy alot of the night, Plus what i love about gooners is that when were losing we still cheer the team on unlike other teams fans who just sit there all quiet and boo the team now and again.

Yeah I agree, after Boro scored we were silent for about 20-25 seconds, then the whole stadium erupted into "Come on Arse-nal", it was deafning.

Good stuff guys :D

PS. LMAO at Maccorene falling into the crowd, I just hope the spectators he hit were okay, at least one was helped away from his/her seat by a steward!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I think it's a Highbury phenomenon, I was part of a 28,00 crowd for Rotherham, which may have been about right as there were gaping holes across most of the Upper tiers and the East section of the Clock End, but on a much louder night against Wolves, and the ground seemed fairly packed, though admittedly I couldn't see the East Upper, the crowd was only 31-32,000, allegedly...

va_va_voom

It could be a tax fiddle, declaring less people were there than actually did go.

You ask yourself how we got Ashburton Grove & a £20m transfer kitty funded???

A

Anonymous

yeah the damn tube wa annoying, me and my mate tied to walk to the next station - manor house , but got lost lol.

the old tube git gave us the wrong directions.

va_va_voom

Should have gone to Finsbury Park, we had a right good bundle up there.

Kids, old people, pregnant ladies all going flying!!!!

Still, I got me train.

Allyboy

Established Member
The good thing about legging it up to Finsbury Park is you get seats on the tube and can laugh at the people bundling in at Arsenal!

Of course they get their revenge by making it impossible for you to get off at your stop!

Eastrek

PS. LMAO at Maccorene falling into the crowd, I just hope the spectators he hit were okay, at least one was helped away from his/her seat by a steward!

I was sitting about 4 seats away from the incident in the same row, the fan that got hit wos just standing up to leave their seat, as he turned his back Maccarone came flying in, the kid seemed ok, abit shocked, i think he was ok because the people he was with kept phoning up various people to ask if they were on tv!?! lol

At first I was worried about Maccarone cos the way he flew in looked nasty, as he left the crowd he rolled down his sock, his shinpad had become dislodged and he had a cut accross his shin, not a huge cut but because of where it was it probable hurt abit....credit it to him, the first thing he did was to make sure the fan was ok before seeing to himself.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis
Top Bottom