• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

For those that have never heard it

wrightgooner

Don't tell, but I'll be 39 in November - but am bringing up 2 Junior Gunners, and we'll all be at Cardiff - can't wait

lol

I'll be there with son no1 =10

will be his 2nd Community Shield

only taking him as its his round and missus gives him more
pocket money than me

Rumma Tavern at 1 ;D (near castle)

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
theguvnor said:
Im 38, think that makes me oldest on this thread. s**t i feel old :|

What a day that was though, i just watched the video again the other day. We must of gone to about 20 different pubs up in liverpool that night, some we werent so welcome in :lol: I remember after going so f****g mental i rang absolutely everyone i knew. **** fans, fellow gooners, millwall, west ham even some cardiff lads. I had to tell the world. The people i made sure i told first were of course the people i knew couldnt watch it live and had to tape it and watch it later, they were rather pissed off that they got a loud "CHAMPIONSSSSSS" down the phone and sort of ruined their delayed viewing of the match :lol:
Oh the memories.

You had a mobile in 1989? :shock:

Or did you just spend ages in a phone box? :wink:

A

Anonymous

I found a telephone box outside the ground, spent at least 10 quid in it. Each phone call only lasted about 10 seconds though,

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I was in digs in Leeds at the time; a frined of mine was staying in the Adelphi hotel in scouse land. we almost went to the gam e but he had a business meeting the next day, I had an exam on the Monday so it didn't happen. Though I did wreck my front room at the end, much to my housemates concern, before doing a lap of honour round the streets of Hyde Park with m scarf on. And if any of you have been to Hyde Park on a Friday night you'll know thats not a great idea...

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think I was asleep at the time. I was only a mere two years old. What time was the match. Day time or night.

Night match m8

Was living in Scotland at the time.....match wasn't being shown :cry:

Remember was just getting ready to leave to drive to Carlisle to watch
it in a pub (1 1/2 hour drive) when STV announced they WOULD show
the game after all.

Watched it in the house, several beers :D ,twisted guts,when micky put
the ball in the old scouse onion bag,my house erupted. Missed work next
day!

Still celebrating to this day :p

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Beany said:
. Though I did wreck my front room at the end, much to my housemates concern, before doing a lap of honour round the streets of Hyde Park with m scarf on. And if any of you have been to Hyde Park on a Friday night you'll know thats not a great idea...

Heheh, I looked at a house in Hyde Park a few years back, the girl showing it to us said, when we asked about the surrounding area, "It's ok but I wouldn't walk round here at night" My girlfriend raised her eyebrows. End of deal. So, we settled for Burley Park instead..

Asterix

Established Member
32 - also bringing up two Gooner kids, 5 and 4. Although the 5 year old, the girl, likes to taunt me every now and then by saying she likes "the blue team". A few days locked in a cupboard soon cures her of that. :) :angel

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why not. Is it a dangerous place. I don't know don't go up to them ends.

beanz

52, (but with a mental age of 16 :p ) a month ago and No1 son "beaney's 26 later this year :mrgreen:

timberford

upper st goon said:
Arsenal fans imploring their team with "come on you yellows"

for those that don't understand... this is another reason why we should play in yellow. not blue.

i would also like to add that pleat is a pratt and i'm glad his stupid piece of commentry has never been forgotten. :D

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom