• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Huddersfield Town vs Arsenal | 06/08/08

sabret00the

Established Member
It's advertised on Arsenal.com as a first team match, though i expect it'll actually mostly be reserves. Should be good to watch though.

Asterix

Established Member
Re: Huddersfield v Arsenal | 06-08-08 19:00

It's to commemorate some anniversary isn't it? I really should know this. I know we have links via Herbert Chapman and a famous rivalry during the 20s and 30s.

M+D

Established Member

I think it will be almost the same team that played Juve starting this match, with the exception of Denilson.

So something like this:

------------------------ Fabianski ------------------------

Hoyte --------- Djourou ----------- Hoyte -------- Gibbs

Eboue --------- Ramsey ------------ Coquelin? ---- Wilshere

--------------- Bendtner ----------- Vela ------------------

And we might see Toure and Fabregas off the bench hopefully.

Asterix, this is the reason for the game:
To commemorate Huddersfield Town's centenary year and mark the contribution made towards both clubs by legendary manager Herbert Chapman, Arsenal will be travelling to Yorkshire to play Huddersfield Town in August.

Linson

Wooooo! I'm from Huddersfield and really looking forward to this game. A bit of hush hush but my loyalties are torn between my favorite two teams! I don't know which stand to sit in :(
I'm hoping to see some bign names there and maybe even get a signature or two :)

stuart

Established Member

Would like to see something like this

Fabianski
Hoyte Djourou Senderos Gibbs
Nasri Diaby Ramsey Theo
Vela Bendtner

Nasri and Vela should be playing as much as possible to help them adapt to their new surroundings.....and so we can all see how good they are :D

KingReyes

Established Member

Surely Cesc and Toure will feature in this game.

Asterix

Established Member

Thanks M+D - I knew it was something like that.

Linson - I know I shouldn't be saying this, but go and support your local team! Whatever you end up doing, enjoy the game.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

I would like to see:

--------------------Fabianski

J Hoyte----Djourou----Nordveit----Gibbs

Lansbury-----Merida----Coquelin----Traore

---------------Barazite-----Fonte

James

Established Member

I'd be a bit worried about the preperation of some of our more senior players if they weren't to feature in this game. The Champions League qualifier is just over a week away, and as it stands they haven't had a great deal of match time.

illmatik

Established Member

Isn't the Amsterdam tournament before the CL qualifier James? Maybe they can get a good runout during that

James

Established Member

illmatik said:
Isn't the Amsterdam tournament before the CL qualifier James? Maybe they can get a good runout during that
Even so. I know Fabregas deserves a longer break than some, but two games (which im sure he won't feature in for the whole of) before a CL qualifier, to me doesn't seem alot. I guess we don't know the fitness routines in place behind the scenes, which im sure are fairly intense.

xcdude24

Established Member

Doubt we'll see many of our starting XI against Huddersfield as the Amsterdam tournament is just days away and there's also a CL qualifier to be taken care of next week.

As always, looking forward to seeing the likes of Coquelin, Ramsey, and Wilshere. I would also like to see Barazite travel and get a decent amount of playing time.

stuart

Established Member

I apologise for my laziness but is the 6th today or tomorrow? My phones a whole world away in the other room

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

stuart said:
I apologise for my laziness but is the 6th today or tomorrow? My phones a whole world away in the other room
lol Your computer doesn't have a calendar? ... Tomorrow - Weds.

Linson

Woop just bought my ticket. I decided to sit with the Arsenal fans but its going to be weird sitting in the away stand in my own stadium lol! I'm desperately hoping to see some big names and I haven't got a seat number so I'm going to try and get some signatures by sitting at the front :D

TomasCR

Established Member

Huddersfield? They play in the second English league? So it´s tomorrow, at the weekend we play with Sevilla and Ajax and 13th, it´s already Twente, right? Ok, then this is the last game where Wenger can play with reserve players, at the weekend, Fabregas and the best we have in please.

drthorne1

Linson said:
Woop just bought my ticket. I decided to sit with the Arsenal fans but its going to be weird sitting in the away stand in my own stadium lol! I'm desperately hoping to see some big names and I haven't got a seat number so I'm going to try and get some signatures by sitting at the front :D

We will probably see you down there, me and two friends are coming down from Sheffield, think the away end is the Pink Link Stand ????

Should be a good laugh.

AFCG7

Established Member

Anyone else going?
I'm in Yorkshire about 20 mins away - will try to get there before the game and buy tickets there.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Here's the squad per Arsenal.com

Nacer BARAZITE
Kyle BARTLEY
Johan DJOUROU
Jay EMMANUEL-THOMAS
Lukasz FABIANSKI (GK)
Rui FONTE
Emmanuel FRIMPONG
Kieran GIBBS
Gavin HOYTE
Justin HOYTE
Henri LANSBURY
Vito MANNONE (GK)
Havard NORDTVEIT
Aaron RAMSEY
Mark RANDALL
Jay SIMPSON
Theo WALCOTT
Sanchez WATT
Carlos VELA
Jack WILSHERE

drthorne1

Interesting team..

I am suppressed that Theo is in there as he has played so many games all ready, will he be rested for the Amsterdam cup ?

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom