• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Lazio vs Arsenal | 02/08/07

Kenyonhater

If we play poorly in this one or, heaven forbid, lose, will it be back to doom and gloom on here as if the happy, upbeat last 48 hours never happened?

M+D

Established Member
tactica442 said:
Can Eduardo play in this tournament? Given this is held in a foreign country?

I'm not sure - I hope so, would like to see him in action again.

I would expect to see all the subs (Diaby, Denilson, Almunia/Fabianski etc) from the Emirates Cup game, and the players who missed the tournament (Walcott, Ade, Rosicky), to start the match against Lazio.

Gurgen

Established Member
clockwork orange said:
@Gurgen
spot on. By the way will you be going?

I have tickets for the Saturday but I don't know if I'll be able to make it. Might give them to a mate.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Gurgen said:
clockwork orange said:
@Gurgen
spot on. By the way will you be going?

I have tickets for the Saturday but I don't know if I'll be able to make it. Might give them to a mate.
Don't, we'll win the tourney, remember Lupoli, that was so great. I'll be going Saturday.

otfgoon

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
tactica442 said:
Can Eduardo play in this tournament? Given this is held in a foreign country?

I'm not sure - I hope so, would like to see him in action again.

I would expect to see all the subs (Diaby, Denilson, Almunia/Fabianski etc) from the Emirates Cup game, and the players who missed the tournament (Walcott, Ade, Rosicky), to start the match against Lazio.

He can, work permit is only for the UK so he is free to play anywhere else. Arsène said so.

Nutsy

Established Member
Apologies again lads if I have been negleting creating match threads etc. But no worries, I'll make the next one against Ajax. but Great job RC8.Cheers for the greets lads.

Back to the topic. Think it's going to be a good hard game. I wouldn't put and easy strike against Lazio. For many reasons. And one of them they tend to field a strong line-up against big name clubs. And surprise surprise we're one of them.

Is Eduardo set for this game? Would be great if anyone can confirm this, as this game is based outside England non? He does not have the work permit to work in England or work for Arsenal? I'm a lil confused there.

If we play like we did against Inter, we may win this a breeze. Hope there will be the consistent squad we've been craving for.

HighburyHeroes

Gunners_Nadz said:
Apologies again lads if I have been negleting creating match threads etc. But no worries, I'll make the next one against Ajax. but Great job RC8.Cheers for the greets lads.

Back to the topic. Think it's going to be a good hard game. I wouldn't put and easy strike against Lazio. For many reasons. And one of them they tend to field a strong line-up against big name clubs. And surprise surprise we're one of them.

Is Eduardo set for this game? Would be great if anyone can confirm this, as this game is based outside England non? He does not have the work permit to work in England or work for Arsenal? I'm a lil confused there.

If we play like we did against Inter, we may win this a breeze. Hope there will be the consistent squad we've been craving for.

yes eduardo can play in the amsterdam tourny...
it is only when we play in england or train in england that he cannot participate

Nutsy

Established Member
Then it should be a very interesting game indeed. Before We all found out about the Work permit thing, I was looking forward see Eduardo playing against Inter.

This one should be as good. Against Ajax is the one I'm much more interested in. Consistency. Is all I'm asking to be honest.

Zico

Established Member
For Eduardo to play (work) for Arsenal, he needs to be on a longterm or short-term employment contract with the team. He is not in possession of either type of contract presently, and will only know his status once the hearings are held with Home Office this Thursday.

I hope he plays. As for how he will be deployed, expect to see this formation at some point:

---------- van Persie -------
Eduardo--Hleb--Rosicky--

I'm just pumped up right now about the comments from van Persie and Fabregas in the last few days. It seems like these boys feel like the team is theirs and are willing to lead. Will teach guys like Gallas to be more optimistic and measured in their messages to the media.

RobinVanPersie

I´m going both days, and a training session. So that will be 3 days Arsenal :D

Next year, Arsenal has to play on the Rotterdam tournament :) Then you can see what the most beautiful stadium of Holland is, and not that ugly ufo in Amsterdam :lol:

N!

The de Kuip? I'm not a fan.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to the reception our players are going to get frm the Lazio fans. Wondering how much racial abuse we are going to get thrown at us. Hahah.

RobinVanPersie

N! said:

Anyway, i'm looking forward to the reception our players are going to get frm the Lazio fans. Wondering how much racial abuse we are going to get thrown at us. Hahah.

Than you're not Dutch or an Ajaxsupporter :lol: Almost everyone in Holland thinks that De Kuip is the most beautiful stadium of Holland. Even some of the Ajaxsupporters. It has the best field, the best atmosphere and so much history.

dutchMasta

quincy42 said:
I'm just pumped up right now about the comments from van Persie and Fabregas in the last few days. It seems like these boys feel like the team is theirs and are willing to lead. Will teach guys like Gallas to be more optimistic and measured in their messages to the media.
Gallas already has been more optimistic. I think his last few messages have been positive, especially after the Inter match, which is good to see. RVP seems the one most happy out of this, so these pre-season matches certainly do help boost confidence. Maybe players with the new confidence will show more swagger and arrogance compared to before.

Also really looking forward to this. I know the Inter game shouldn't count for much, but I can't help but feel it was a stepping stone that was needed to get this team together, something to inject more belief into the players now that Henry's gone, even though the Inter squad really wasn't close to match fit, and it wasn't their strongest team either.

Hope to see the players who weren't able to feature in the Emirates cup (Rosicky, Walcott, Adebayor and Eduardo). Wonder what Wenger will do with the formation.

N!

RobinVanPersie said:
N! said:

Than you're not Dutch or an Ajaxsupporter :lol: Almost everyone in Holland thinks that De Kuip is the most beautiful stadium of Holland. Even some of the Ajaxsupporters. It has the best field, the best atmosphere and so much history.

Hahah, well, the most i've seen of the de Kuip is from video games, so i guess i don't really have a valid opinion.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom