• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Lazio vs Arsenal | 02/08/07

RC8

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
behrami is a total c**t. ************.

Agreed. Half of Lazio's team last night were quite dirty though.

arsenal_hleb said:
hoyte, i think i am still not convinced by him. certain times he treats defending a game, he dosent give it his all, seems lazy. also his defending is suspect, worst than eboue. he will get found out when faced with quick skillful winger. luckily he is our 2nd choice.

Well, it's quite obvious that he is not as good defensively as some of our options, hence why he is second choice. Don't forget however, that the boy is very young, and has only been playing at the highest level for 2 seasons. I don't get this sick obsession at all. Why keep criticising players who have just come out of the reserves one or two seasons ago. They will obviously not be the finished article. Players reach their best from 25 onwards. Only some exceptional players like Cesc are able to step up and be consistent at such a young age. Those are the players that will be world beaters in the future, not hoyte. I don't get why you think he is lazy, his fitness levels are not as high as those of other defenders, but that's not because of him being lazy. I for one I'm glad we've got him with us. He is a committed young player that cares about the club and is ready to be back up as long as there is a better player at the club.

arsenal_hleb said:
song, don't like it when he keeps pestering players yet don't get the ball. so irritating, giving away needless fouls everywhere. he is very lanky and jogs slowly round the pitch. i don't think he offers much to us, he needs further improvement.

I don't exactly like Song, I don't really like his style. But yesterday he had quite a good game. His distribution was nothing spectacular, but as Lazio threatened with counter-attacks, he successfully won the ball on a number of occasions, and made fouls to stop attacks that could have caught our defence out of position. He did make one mistake that almost led to Lazio scoring, but apart from that he was solid throughout. He is what you would expect of a 6th choice CM. I fear he has become the new Cygan. The scapegoat that people will use in the future in order to feel manly blaming an innocent kid for having limited skill. I hoped that practice would stop once Cygan left, but apparently the 'mob' just chose someone else.

arsenal_hleb said:
bendtner, also another lazy player. generally jogs around the field like nobody buisness when the others are working hard. only at times he chases down ball and put pressure to players. don't like his sulking face, he don't seem to smile at all. but i must say he is a very good finisher, he could be the fitb, not eduardo.
He doesn't seem very athletic, I agree with that. But once again I don't think he is lazy. He is one of those strikers that do not have a tons of power of pace, so need to time their runs properly in order to cause havoc in the opposition's defence. Slow players who are running all the time are very easy to man-mark. Didn't notice anything wrong with his face to be honest.

He does seem like a great finisher, although with an average touch. He might be rusty still, so let's give him some time before we judge his touch, etc. One thing is for sure, he offers us many things none of the other strikers do.

arsenal_hleb said:
flamini and song in the middle is the worst pairing of our midfield choice. its so lightweight and dis-intergrated. 2 headless players pestering everything and at times being outmuscled off the ball. almunia, despite all his heroics in other preseason games, shown his weakness at crucial moments again. his nearpost conceded goal reminds me of CL. argh.

Flamini and Song are not the worst pairing we have. Gilberto and Song were way worse! Seriously though, yeh, they are our 5th and 6th choice CM playing together, so it's not surprising they are not world-class. Hopefully we won't see those two playing together a lot during the season.

Almunia is a great shot stopper, and had a great game last night. But. Once again he was beaten by the near post. He needs to sort that one out, as it has consistently been a problem of his. Another thing I don't like about him, is his reluctance to leave his goal during corners and set pieces. That is seriously wrong with his style, and needs to fix it as soon as possible if he wants to be a genuine contender for Lehmann's spot. I'm looking forward to see what Fabianski has to offer.

arsenal_hleb said:
anyway why does the commentator and tv producer keep saying is zauri who got the OG. i keep seeing the goal and is eduardo not zauri. bewildered.

Where I watched the game the commentator acknowledged that the goal had been scored by Eduardo, but it was announced as a OG by the guys at Amsterdam.

However, the ESPN commentators kept saying Walcott's name even after he had been taken off. Apparently they thought Justin was Theo :lol:

P.S. Sorry for taking on you Arsenal_Hleb, but your post is representative of a set of pessimistic posts that have been made after the Lazio game, and since you organised your post well, it was easier to argue against the points you raised.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
haha its okay. i do agree with some of the points you have raised. realised our thinking arent too far away though :)

bigtimetopbanana

I know a lot of people commented on how old the Lazio keeper looked... I checked him out on Wikipedia... Marco Ballotta, actually is 43 !!!! The oldest ever player to play in the Serie A, beat Dino Zoff's record.

Arsène Wenger's tactics is to try out youngesters in pre-season friendlies.... not sure about Delio Rossi's ideas.... Wowee.

stuart

Established Member
Has Bendtner been playing well? I know he has scored but whats the overall performance like?

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom