• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Lazio vs Arsenal | 02/08/07

Rocafella

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
i also asumme ajax is top as they didnt flipping concede!!

Does anybody know what happens if the tournament ends on a tie. Does it go down to goal difference or head-to-head?

Lukazan

Established Member
They said before the Arsenal game today but I can't remember them all...

Goal's conceded, two other things (fair play?), and fastest goal scored or something..

banduan

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Someone saying Fabregas had any thing more than an average game is laughable. Same with Traore, i want the kid to succeed but nothing he tried came off.

He ran the whole length of the pitch with the ball multiple times and ended with the ball intercepted right at the other end.

He never figured out it wasn't a modified 100m dash.

run

phenn said:
I feel like I'm the only one mentioning the fact that Bendtner's vision is out of this world for a player of his size and age.

You're right...but his execution leaves a lot to be desired. I have faith in him, but he can be all over the place at times.

banduan

Established Member
How can Bendtner not have good vision? He's only as tall as about the Eiffel Tower or something.
:lol:
Anyway, he needs a better touch but from what I see right now, Adebayor really needs to stamp his mark whenever he has the chance, or he's not gonna get more chances.

Long Time Gooner

Rocafella said:
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:

Does anybody know what happens if the tournament ends on a tie. Does it go down to goal difference or head-to-head?
Well I assumed that the answer to that would be easy.

Just look in the official site:

http://www.lgamsterdamtournament.com/index.php

But no information about competition format in there.
Even more surprising - no hint of any results so far despite having a latest news section!!!

Nutsy

Established Member
I can see that LTG. For an official site, it is pretty crap, two games were played last night and yet nothing on the results. :?

Zico

Established Member
It would be nice to see a bit more stability around the team a fortnight before kick-off. I thought Wenger typically used the Austrian summer to have a look at his younger players, and that he took the Amsterdam tournament a bit more seriously.

So far, in the last three games, Hleb is the only player of note who has truly impressed. I am relatively happy with the other veteran players (Toure, Gallas, RvP) I am not concerned about Gilberto's absence and Fabregas being incognito because both men have a history of top performances.

What is painfully clear is that we need a winger. We have lost Pires and Ljunberg and have not replaced them at all (Hleb I see as more of a DB10 replacement) and Rosicky is also more of no. 10 player. Given Hleb/Rosicky's affinity for the treatment room, I fear we will see a lot of Gibbs, Traore, Clichy, Eboue and Walcott on the wing this season. :-( If we do that for long sretches of the season, we'll be in barney

regele

Established Member
Rocafella said:
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:

It was goal difference at the Emirates Cup, so I don't expect it to be different here.

Zico

Established Member
Head to head will not work. We won't play Atletico so we cannot use head-to-head to differentiate us at the end of the tourney.

qs

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
scruzgooner said:
senderos "our defense played well".

based on the responses here (i didn't see the game) he's either (a) delusional or (b) delusional.

well?

thats why we'll never learn, it was all djourous fault though as i stated eariler, he maked the defense as a whole look f****g disgraceful, he was heading onto the ground and cant clear a header fmore than 8 yards
senderos was fantastic to play his game and ppick up on djourous mistakes
is senderos played this bad he'll be getting it, i dont care i really rate djourou but theres no way hes escaping this stick today
i also asumme ajax is top as they didnt flipping concede!! anyway we have to win and so do ajax, it will be a game full of attacking play
be nice if we can scoop another pre season trophy just for moremorale

Djourou was a disaster and while Traore did some nice things going forward and made a couple of decent tackles around the half way line when he's back with the defence his positioning is terrible.

That said they're both very young and these things will happen. You have to allow them these mistakes in games like this. Just goes to show why Wenger had to sign Sagna. Come the African nationas the last thing we'd want is last nights back 4. Even add Gallas and it still wouldn't be great.

Thought Rosicky was a steaming pile of ****e when he came on. He needs to do alot better than that in the league.
Song looked alot better on the ball but he got away with alot of bad tackling because it was a friendly he'd have been booked early in a league game which would've meant he couldn't have continued making clumsy tackles all day. Still far from convinced with him, his hairs looking cooler though.

Thought Theo did alright for a while but Scaloni figured him out then and nulified him. Good lesson for Theo, he'll have to mix it up a bit this season if he wants to succeed. van Persie was dazzling again.

Bendtner looked good. Awful touch for the goal but if does that everytime he plays I wont complain. He's a very natural striker, even his mistakes create opportunities. Thats great because some days you'll be off and make mistakes like that.

Eduardo really impressed me considering how rusty he should be and his lack of time with the team. I certainly wouldn't be unhappy if he started again Fulham. His movement is something we've lacked and he was not only in the box but actually winning headers, is he sure he's at the right club?

Gurgen

Established Member
Not that bad a performance overall I thought.

Entire defense struggled with timing in the air, including Phil for some reason. Djourou need to learn to not head the ball into the ground. Traore was once again very impressive. Technically he's already miles ahead of Clichy, the rest will hopefully come quickly.

Cesc looked lazy like he has done in the entire pre-season. Song wasn't bad apart from one or two suicidal passes. Walcott did absolutely nothing, ditto Clichy. Eboue and Flamini did better.

Bendtner can't control a ball but can score goals. Eduardo was the best man on the pitch for me. Neat touch, good movement and a good goal.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Can someone please say how did Valon Behrami (no.85) of Lazio play?
He usually plays at RB and sometimes RM.
Since I didnt see the match, I would like some comments about him...

Thanks.

qs

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Cesc looked lazy like he has done in the entire pre-season.

Yeah he's certainly not giving what he gives normally. If I had to guess though I'd say he's been told to take it easy. The number of games ha played last year and the amount he'll play again this year theres no point wasting himself in friendlies.

Kraig

Established Member
was it just me or did lazio play like a right bunch of dirty bastards. behrami, depsite being a decent player is a greasy little ****!

good run out for the lads, not buying most peoples opinions of either impending doom or overhyped performances but i just think it was another decent 90 minute spell of footy under our belts and good to see that our link up play is fast improving.

eduardo must get a notible mention as he played very well (baring the lapse at the back, although almunia should have done better too)

walcott started off bright, made some good runs, but still doesnt look comfortable as a winger, would like to see him up top for a few games personally.

fabregas didnt really get at the races, song was so inconsistent it was infuriating, he just doesnt look arsenal quality. rosicky was poor when he came on but hasnt had as much football as the others, RVP didnt really get up to pace either (although he did have a nice bit of trickery late on)

the defending was god awful though, if we do that during the season we'll be royally mullered!!!

anymawhose.... bring on ajax.

Lukazan

Established Member
qs said:
Gurgen said:
Cesc looked lazy like he has done in the entire pre-season.

Yeah he's certainly not giving what he gives normally. If I had to guess though I'd say he's been told to take it easy. The number of games ha played last year and the amount he'll play again this year theres no point wasting himself in friendlies.

I hope you're right, and that it's not down to any self-importance issues. Hoped we'd got rid of the last bit of that with the sale of Henry.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Kraig said:
was it just me or did lazio play like a right bunch of dirty bastards. behrami, depsite being a decent player is a greasy little s**t!
good run out for the lads, not buying most peoples opinions of either impending doom or overhyped performances but i just think it was another decent 90 minute spell of footy under our belts and good to see that our link up play is fast improving.

eduardo must get a notible mention as he played very well (baring the lapse at the back, although almunia should have done better too)

walcott started off bright, made some good runs, but still doesnt look comfortable as a winger, would like to see him up top for a few games personally.

fabregas didnt really get at the races, song was so inconsistent it was infuriating, he just doesnt look arsenal quality. rosicky was poor when he came on but hasnt had as much football as the others, RVP didnt really get up to pace either (although he did have a nice bit of trickery late on)

the defending was god awful though, if we do that during the season we'll be royally mullered!!!

anymawhose.... bring on ajax.

yeh they did, but tbh when you play big sides, you cant let them walk all over you and allow them to do silky skills at you, like a big slap in the face
van persie also got hacked at to by the captain, but its because he did the elastico on him hahaa, van persie was going to on his mad switch again but you caan tell he has changed, old van persie would of fly kicked him

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
behrami is a total ****. ************.

i have so much to say about this match that i cannot remember all. but i must say theres positive and negatives i seen from a few players.

hoyte, i think i am still not convinced by him. certain times he treats defending a game, he dosent give it his all, seems lazy. also his defending is suspect, worst than eboue. he will get found out when faced with quick skillful winger. luckily he is our 2nd choice.

song, don't like it when he keeps pestering players yet don't get the ball. so irritating, giving away needless fouls everywhere. he is very lanky and jogs slowly round the pitch. i don't think he offers much to us, he needs further improvement.

bendtner, also another lazy player. generally jogs around the field like nobody buisness when the others are working hard. only at times he chases down ball and put pressure to players. don't like his sulking face, he don't seem to smile at all. but i must say he is a very good finisher, he could be the fitb, not eduardo.

flamini and song in the middle is the worst pairing of our midfield choice. its so lightweight and dis-intergrated. 2 headless players pestering everything and at times being outmuscled off the ball. almunia, despite all his heroics in other preseason games, shown his weakness at crucial moments again. his nearpost conceded goal reminds me of CL. argh.

anyway why does the commentator and tv producer keep saying is zauri who got the OG. i keep seeing the goal and is eduardo not zauri. bewildered.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom