• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Szombathelyi Haladás vs Arsenal | 22/07/08

patrick42uk

Established Member
Re: Szombathelyi H. vs ARSENAL Tues, July 22, 5:30PM KICK OFF

GoonerGurjit said:
What about Ramsey, Patrick?

He's not really a youngster in the sense that it wwould be a shock if he got any premiership action. Ramsey was bought to go into the first team.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

patrick42uk said:
GoonerGurjit said:
What about Ramsey, Patrick?

He's not really a youngster in the sense that it wwould be a shock if he got any premiership action. Ramsey was bought to go into the first team.

Yeah, I see what you mean.

sabret00the

Established Member

The Hoytes were **** fact. Even at right back Justin was average. The fact that neither of the Hoyte's had a fresh trim, also makes me question their ability to make it. If you can't take pride in your appearance for tele then what's the hope. It's indicative of the way Justin jogs back to defence.

Clichy had a great game, don't let that confuse you in regards to his ability to be captain. He was no where near vocal enough and there were many times that many players should've been bollocked.

Sagna is a professional, again offers too little going forward for my liking but he's a fantastic, no impeccable defender.

Walcott was a lot better today and showed me why i've had a hope for him to be our trump card this coming season but that wasn't a performance he should be proud of, let's hope that goal kick starts his season.

Denilson seems to be playing a little less physically and a with a little less aggression, this isn't good, his ability to pick out players seems to have also taken a drop. Based on what we've seen thus far, it's not enough to start the season along side Fabregas.

Ramsey was way too quiet, he's new to the club and i feel that we should give him time but his natural talent should've shone through and it didn't. Was by no means the worst player and he worked efficiently but nothing to write home about either.

Wiltshire was good, nice vision and technique but the game seemed a little above him in terms of physicality and creativity. He just failed to offer a spark to get the rest of the team going.

Vela is a player that i'm hoping will learn to header and will learn to finish first time, right now he's looking like a winger and i don't expect him to help us out too much before January (results wise).

Bendtner was shocking, absolutely shocking, he done a couple things well but the things he done badly were amateurish and just shocking.

Randall was abysmal, worst than Gavin Hoyte, he's actually got the decision making of Rosicky and that's a terrible thing.

Coquelin looks like an upgrade on Diaby to be honest (not that that'd be hard in terms of ability, but i'm talking about in terms of the way he plays the game). He's a little more assured on the ball and appears to have better vision but can he use it? right now he's far too eager to impress in order to judge him, but i'm hopeful.

No one else was worth mentioning really.

Lancelot

Established Member

It was just a friendly game. I honestly don't think that anyone in particular deserved a rollicking from Clichy, really.

James

Established Member

sabret00the said:
The fact that neither of the Hoyte's had a fresh trim, also makes me question their ability to make it. If you can't take pride in your appearance for tele then what's the hope.
Brilliant :lol: :lol:

jay-d

Established Member

James said:
sabret00the said:
The fact that neither of the Hoyte's had a fresh trim, also makes me question their ability to make it. If you can't take pride in your appearance for tele then what's the hope.
Classic :lol: Brilliant, brilliant Sabre. You've cheered me up after a **** day.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member

LOL
Their scruffy haircuts reduced their balance, as if it wasnt bad already.

Hoytes OUT!!

algunner

I think Wenger should not baby sitting some of the young players or should I say not every youngster will make it to the Arsenal first team from youth level... so he better start getting rid of them and bring on new youth players. I think we need a lot new changes after this season players like Hoyte is no more a youth player... should not be a reserve player its make or break season for him if not already. Randall and Lansbury up next no more baby sitting time we've got Simpson, Ramsey, Wilshere and Coquelin to take over.

MDGoonah41

Established Member

So hey, I was working all day, couldn't check in, and I'm just acquiring the match now, but it will be a few hours. Someone wanna give me a very brief summary?

otfgoon

Established Member

algunner said:
I think Wenger should not baby sitting some of the young players or should I say not every youngster will make it to the Arsenal first team from youth level... so he better start getting rid of them and bring on new youth players. I think we need a lot new changes after this season players like Hoyte is no more a youth player... should not be a reserve player its make or break season for him if not already. Randall and Lansbury up next no more baby sitting time we've got Simpson, Ramsey, Wilshere and Coquelin to take over.

Except Lansbury has far, far, faaar more potential than Simpson. Dont let a couple of pre-season games after he's come back from a long layoff fool you.

I'd even rate Randall more than Simpson dispite his horrific performance today.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

MDGoonah41 said:
So hey, I was working all day, couldn't check in, and I'm just acquiring the match now, but it will be a few hours. Someone wanna give me a very brief summary?

Interesting first half.
Abysmal second half.

Wilshere, Vela and Coquelin look promising.
Denilson, Bendtner and Walcott looked much better today than against Barnet, but are still rusty.
Sagna and Clichy did their thing.
The rest were pretty poor. Randall looked even worse than Eboue in midfield, and the Hoyte brothers looked like a mix between Titus Bramble, Boumsong (Newcastle Era), Pascal Cygan, uh.... that Derby defender who passed the ball to Bendtner for his first in the 2-6 game... you get the idea.

MDGoonah41

Established Member

Thanks kindly.

So we're headed for the relegation zone. I bet we win silverware playing in the Championship in 2009-2010

ricky1985

Established Member

Rubish second half.

Was very impressed with the quality of Coquellin, could be a monster in a season or two. So aggressive and athletic, mixed with intelligence and technique.

Wilshere looked a class apart the whole time he was on. Never seen a 16 year old quite like him.

Ramsey (especially) and Denilson looked absolutely shattered, no doubt from intensive training.

Justin Hoyte was truly awful, he needs to move to a club more suited to his level of aility.
I thought Gavin showed glimpses of real promise. He is lightning quick, 6"2' already, and a decent footballer. Needs to improve but he is only 18 so could be a really good player in time.

Was dissapointed in Walcott and Bendtner, they just didnt give a toss.

Randall was useles beyond belief, Lansbury I am reserving judgment on, he looks incredibly nervous to me.

All in all, usual early pre-season game.

Edit - What happened to Nordveit, why wasnt he involved today?

nazo

Established Member

I'm pretty sure we used all of our subs. Nordtveit wasn't there.

ricky1985

Established Member

bluenaz said:

Thats what I mean. Why wasnt he involved?

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

jay-d said:
James said:
sabret00the said:
Classic :lol: Brilliant, brilliant Sabre. You've cheered me up after a s**t day.
The best thing Ive read in this thread.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
bluenaz said:

Thats what I mean. Why wasnt he involved?

I found that a bit queer myself, judging from his performance against Barnet, he's a much better CB than either of the Hoytes.

phenn

It isn't really fair to rail on players in the pre-season, as has been said, they are doing some very intense training after an enforced period off. They will all be knackered, some more than others based on pure natural athleticism or what have you (for instance, I'm pretty sure Clichy could keep running long enough to power a mid-size village).

We have to handle Wilshere exactly right. That boy's something special. Any fan of the English national team should hope we develop him exactly right, because he could be that good (by that good, I mean affecting international play).

God I'm ready for the season to start (after we get a new signing or two).

kamikaze80

Established Member

nordveit wasnt any great shakes against barnet, either. no ones really impressed yet besides Wilshere, coquelin and ramsey. i agree with patrick that barazite might be going on loan because we have good depth at AM and F and he has nothing more to learn in the reserves.

its been obvious for a while now that randall isnt going to make it. ive never seen lansbury do anything of note, either.

otfgoon

Established Member

Really? Lansbury was on fire before he picked up his long injury. His range of passing and technique has been great whenever I've seen him. Also fail to see how 'its been obvious for a while" that Randall would not make it. The guy did pretty well when he was handed a start in the Carling Cup game against Blackburn out of position and in the reserves he's been pretty good. Although I dont think he'll make it, doesnt work hard enough and is a little too casual, which is a shame really as when he first came through a couple of years ago he looked like he could be great.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom