• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Szombathelyi Haladás vs Arsenal | 22/07/08

ricky1985

Established Member
Re: Szombathelyi H. vs ARSENAL Tues, July 22, 5:30PM KICK OFF

kamikaze80 said:
nordveit wasnt any great shakes against barnet, either. no ones really impressed yet besides Wilshere, coquelin and ramsey. i agree with patrick that barazite might be going on loan because we have good depth at AM and F and he has nothing more to learn in the reserves.

its been obvious for a while now that randall isnt going to make it. ive never seen lansbury do anything of note, either.

I disagree.

I think when you watch Nordveit you can see the monster that is waiting to come out.

He so reminds me of Tony Adams its scary.

He is quick over the ground but far quicker in his head. He will be the dominant centre half we have been crying out for (IMO). Unfortunately it wont be for at least a year or two.

That last ditch tackle he made in the Barnet game was beyond good.

qs

Established Member

GoonerGurjit said:
What do you mean? Gavin played centre-back the whole of last season for the reserves. He's far too casual and loses concentration too often.

He was playing full back before that though.

And of course he loses concentration, he's 18

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I am surprised in see how quickly Wilshere can adpat his plays everytime he's promoted to new level of games. It often only takes him 3-4 games not only to find his feet at a higher level of competition but also to exert his influence with his skills. I don't think Wenger can keep Wilshere quiet too long, after Carling Cup he might be good enough to be listed on the bench in league games. Physically, he's still a bit short but he seems not afraid of getting physical.

It's interesting too see the difference between Randall's and Wilshere's distributions. Randall has vision and skills to release diagnoal long balls, but sometimes the weights of his passes are too heavy for teammates. The closer he is to the opposition's box, the more obvious this aspect of his passes become. Wilshere might not do long balls often, but he often place perfect weights on his final balls for his receiving teammates around the box. That's why he did quite a few assists.

sabret00the

Established Member

qs said:
GoonerGurjit said:
What do you mean? Gavin played centre-back the whole of last season for the reserves. He's far too casual and loses concentration too often.

He was playing full back before that though.

And of course he loses concentration, he's 18
There's losing concentration (think Toure) and then there's playing like how Gavin Hoyte was :(

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Spot on Ricky. Nordveit is in the making to be a great centerback. His tackling impressed me. Of course he is still inexperienced and young, but we can see him immense potential. Very commanding.

The 2 Hoytes are terrible, but the fact the Justin is worse than his brother is ridiculous. Can't stand seeing them in Arsenal shirt.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

One Hoyte is enough! Now we have two to contend with ffs

Coquelin looks to be some player, hopes he develops well. Wilshere is special and I expect to see him in the CC at least next season, Ramsey looked jaded and Denilson looked average at best

AliBabaBrewer

To be honest, it sounds like the likes of Wilshere and Coquelin might be getting look ins for Premiership benches occasionally, what with the new rule being 7 subs available, we don't have the biggest squad in the world, so it might actually become a necessity to have these there..

algunner

I would say Simpson, Wilshere, Traore, Merida, Ramsey, Coquelin, Hoyte and Mannone to be used in first team in C.Cup and injury or bench warming subs the rest youth players should either go on loan (should be a regular starter ) or play reserves until next year this time.

sabret00the

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
kamikaze80 said:
nordveit wasnt any great shakes against barnet, either. no ones really impressed yet besides Wilshere, coquelin and ramsey. i agree with patrick that barazite might be going on loan because we have good depth at AM and F and he has nothing more to learn in the reserves.

its been obvious for a while now that randall isnt going to make it. ive never seen lansbury do anything of note, either.

I disagree.

I think when you watch Nordveit you can see the monster that is waiting to come out.

He so reminds me of Tony Adams its scary.

He is quick over the ground but far quicker in his head. He will be the dominant centre half we have been crying out for (IMO). Unfortunately it wont be for at least a year or two.

That last ditch tackle he made in the Barnet game was beyond good.
Gotta agree with Ricky, Nordveit looked classy where as the Hoytes just looked like trash.

nazo

Established Member

^^ I agree with you the above as well.

nazo

Established Member

He plays like Cesc. His style of play is very similar.
He needs to improve physically first and maybe then we'll see him playing in some epl games.

Thommybhoy

Established Member

Well I'm glad that our flag was shown on TV, I really like it, we all chipped in and we voted for best looking one. This disegn won. It is really BIG!!
Here are pictures I took in Hungary and mainly in Austria. Pictures from Hungary mainly didn't look good because we were a bit to far from the pitch for my camera to take them.
I didn't take much photos because I had troubles with my camera, but others did take a lot of pictures.
These are mine pictures.
I will try to write a bit more tomorrow and on Monday I will be gone until September.
Hope You like them:
Arsenal fans in Hungary
Front page of Austrian newspapers, we don't know German but I guess it says Karadzic is a Spur !?? :)
Players who didn't play in Hungary in training
Samir Nasri in training
Gallas had some problems and he left the pitch earlier, he didn't always leave the stadium in coach he stayed inside the stadium longer than others
Nic, Bac, Rambo and Theo playing with the ball 1
Nic, Bac, Rambo and Theo playing with the ball 2
Bacary Sagna 1
Bacary Sagna 2
They played a game with no GKs, but with 2 goals for each team (Almunia scored twice and made a good dribble), one goal didn't have the net so they putted a smaller one in it thining no way ball can pass between goalpost of smaller and goalpost of bigger. Traore proved them wrong so a humourous debate took place:"No way it could pass there!"
It could, and Pat Rice solved that by moving the goal back
Robin van Persie
Armand Traore
Henri Lansbury, (There is only one) Carlos Vela and (Homer) Jay Simpson
Emmanuel Eboue
Francis Coquelin
Clichy tooks picture of Rambo and I think Diaby
Clichy takes pictures of fans, namely us :)
The closest the ran to our stand 1
The closest the ran to our stand 2
Jack Wilshere in a bit strange foot position
Arsène Wenger watches the training
Arsène Wenger on what is IMO good wallpaper photo
Eboue carries Adebayor 1
Eboue carries Adebayor 2
AW explains and players listen

Thommybhoy

Established Member

I'll try to write an as short as possible story about what happened.
It will be hard to write a short one because so much happened.
Also I will try to post links to some other pics, but in the evening.

James

Established Member

Some good pictures. Shame the Arsène one isn't in a bigger resolution as that is a cracking photo.

tam1886

Established Member

Liked the pics Thommybhoy. You should write about it all and stick it in the personal articles section. I'd like to read about it.

ricky1985

Established Member

Great pictures mate. Thanks. Would have love to have been there.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom