• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Friendly | Arsenal vs Lazio | Sat Aug. 4 - 19.00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Good result and a clean sheet despite our defensive frailties. If Ramsey isn't signed up by Monday, then sell. Utd and Liverpool area sniffing around and whilst it's annoying to see so many ex players everywhere else, Miki and maybe one more signing makes me think that with rotation we will have enough to compete in midfield. Our youngsters should be able to give us 20 minutes per fame at least for additional rotation.I don't want us to go on to the season with trepidation over any players future. It's been a good pre season and next week is showtime. COYG.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Line up vs Man City.

-------------------Cech----------------------
Litchenstein---Chambers--Soc----Maintland Niles
-----------Torreira----Guendozi--------------------
---Mhki----------Ramsey--------------Özil
---------------PEA---------------------------

Cech - he has looked sharp
Maitland Niles is the obvious choice for left back given our current situation.
Litchenstein over Bellerin for me - maybe a wake up call.
Chambers has been brilliant from the back end of the season and in preseason.
Sockrates due to the Summer Signing.
Mhki as you need his skill level - big match player.
Ramsey - need his goal scoring potential from midfield.
Özil - highest paid player
PEA - enough said
Torreria - Ball winning and pressing + Summer Signing
Guendozi - he has forced his way into the starting lineup

Unfortunate maybe to miss out - Lacazette (though, may replace Ramsey)
Xhaka - still too many stupid mistakes from him.
Leno - Cech rose to the challenge in preseason.
Kids - Emile Smith Rowe, Nelson, Nketiah - they should see some good action

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
A couple of thoughts after the game. Leno hasn't had a save to make but he'll be the starter because his ability on the ball is key to us playing out from the back and playing around a high press. We could also sell Ramsey and play a 4-2-3-1 and not miss him. I actually hope this happens.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Absolutely adore Guendouzi, the boy is full of life and still free of the knocks and setbacks of the game.

I agree with the sentiment around how he is able to recover from setbacks. Hopefully he is able to maintain this level of exuberance.
Would be criminal not to start him ahead of a certain someone

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He is has a role to play in the Europa League and as a substitute in the Premier League.

Tidy player, simple, experienced and does the basics well.
Which is exactly his role. Winds me up to no end that people judge him like he was meant to be a Xavi-Busquets hybrid with better hair. He’s doing exactly what he has been bought to do and fits perfectly in the squad.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
A couple of thoughts after the game. Leno hasn't had a save to make but he'll be the starter because his ability on the ball is key to us playing out from the back and playing around a high press. We could also sell Ramsey and play a 4-2-3-1 and not miss him. I actually hope this happens.

Honestly, if we could have Ramsey sold and replace him with Kovacic, our squad would be better off.

I'd then go for Nzonzi and a quality wide man, and we would be well set.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Honestly, if we could have Ramsey sold and replace him with Kovacic, our squad would be better off.

Nah. Nzoni is an inferior player. I do not want any more cast offs from Real Madrid or Barcelona. Kovacic ego would be too much.

I agree though on the sale of Ramsey - sign or be sold. He is an asset, but can't let this drag on.

LG10

Lots of promising signs, if we addressed our defence properly I'd be confident of getting top 4.

Forget about a winger, sign a cb or lb.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Our attacking play has vastly improved. Players are starting to find the half-spaces regularly now, positioning themselves between the lines, allowing direct line-breaking passes from midfield. Has made our approach play a lot more direct and efficient, eliminating the need for 5 or 6 passes to move opposition players around to find space.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Kovacic in a midfield three with Guendouzi and Torreira.

tenor.gif

benjamin86

Established Member
Lots of promising signs, if we addressed our defence properly I'd be confident of getting top 4.

Forget about a winger, sign a cb or lb.
100% we have enough talent going forward unless the winger helps us defensively don't really need.l We need to improve at the back, if we only conceed 30-35 goals this season i think we get top 4.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Leno - Wasnt really tested but looked assured and was solid with the ball at his feet.

Lichtsteiner - Hasnt played for a while but was ok.

Chambers - Solid.

Holding - Some dodgy moments. Didnt feel as safe as i wanted.

AMN - Not a natural left back and you could see that but i think he was pretty ok.

Reiss - Not a perfect performance but he scored a goal and was lively so i think he was ok.

Xhaka - I dont think he was as awful as some people here say. He hasnt played for a while so i didnt expect him to be brilliant.

Torreira - Did well overall.

Iwobi - A lively but not always excellent performance.

Nketiah - Did well overall.

Lacazette - Did ok and got an assist.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners

You can't seriously think we are going to sell Ramsey for enough to buy 3 players , and by the transfer deadline? This isn't Fantasy football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Tony Adams was a legendary Arsenal captain. He had authority over the team and even over his opponents.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom