• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Fulham v Arsenal - Match ratings

Proof

Established Member
Mannone - 10 MOTM

Sagna - 7
Gallas - 7
Vermaelen - 7
Clichy - 7

Diaby - 5
Fabregas - 6
Arshavin - 5
Song - 7

Bendtner - 7.5
Van Persie - 7

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Player ratings against Fulham

Mannone - 8

Sagna - 7
Gallas - 7
Vermaelen - 7
Clichy - 7

Song - 6
Fabregas - 6
Diaby - 4

Arshavin - 6
van Persie - 6
Bendtner - 6

I thought Eboue did very well for the short time he was on the field; he introduced some movement again in an attack gone stale. His finish let him down again but we were clearly getting a lift when he came on. Players like Cesc thrives on off the ball movement, which showed. Rosicky played well too.

I only had three demands today: Three points, a clean sheet and a goal from van Persie, so obviously I'm satisfied. Not with the way we played or how we failed to release the ball in decisive moments though, but this is the kind of games we need to have more of. We need to win even when we're not playing well. Fair play to Cesc too who looked a bit off for the first half but then introduced himself with a sublime assist. Mannone was my man of the match though. I love how people who've rarely seen him play have slagged him off for the past week.

arsmile

Established Member
Vito-9- man of the match, fantastic

Sagna-6- alright

Galas-6.5- mostly decent

Verm-6.5- mostly decent, won lots of headers

Clichy-6- alright

Song-5- didn’t get control of the midfield

Cesc-5- assist aside, he was awful

Diaby-2- a continuous and complete liability in possession, and nothing out of it

Arshavin-5- occasionally dangerous, often absent

Bendtner-7.5- thought he was very good, both on the right and as the one up top, good control and good decisions on the whole

Robin-5- goal aside, was disappointing

Rosicky-6- positive impact

Eboue-6- positive impact

We were kicked about today, but managed to grab all the points- that’s the good thing. But I don’t see us being able to consistently do this if our top players only turn up for 5 minutes a match. Great goal but that was ALL we did offensively today.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Don Vito - 10 MOTM

Sagna - 7
Gallas - 8
Vermaelen - 7
Clichy - 7

Diaby - 2
Fabregas - (4 in the first half - 7 in the second) 6 overall
Arshavin - 5
Song - 5

Bendtner - 6.5
Van Persie - 6.5

nazo

Established Member
Mannone - 10

Sagna - 7
Gallas - 8
Vermaelen - 7
Clichy - 7

Diaby - 3
Fabregas - 5 (only for the assist)
Arshavin - 3
Song - 5

Bendtner - 7
Van Persie - 8 for the goal

Rosicky 6
Eboue 92

ibby

Established Member
I don't usually ever do these but this match was interesting.

Mannone - 9

Sagna - 7
Gallas - 8
Vermaelen - 8
Clichy - 6

Diaby - 4
Fabregas - 3
Arshavin - 2
Song - 6

Bendtner - 7
Van Persie - 7

Rosicky - 7
Eboue - 7

Dennis10

Klaus Daimler said:
raiders, we didn't play 4-4-2.

That aside, I feel his ratings are absolutely spot on. Diaby was absolutely terrible. Disgusting performance. I'd probably raise him to a 2,5 because of a brilliant headed clearance in injury time..

Edit: Song 6,5 and Arshavin 4, and I'm happy..

CKD39

Established Member
CKD39 said:
Jesus Mannone 9.5 - saved us, best player on the pitch by faaaar.

Sagna 7 - Kept busy
Gallas 7 - Tested, took a battering as well. Held firm enough.
Verm 7 - Tested as well, not helped by the weakness of the lefthand side (Clichy, Diaby).
Clichy 5.5 - Roasted like an Amsterdam prostitute.

Song 6.5 - Tested in midfield, came into his own as the game went on.
Cesc 5.5 - Atrocious first half, great pass for the goal and became more confident from there on in.
Diaby 4.5 - Sloppy, played with the level of enthusiasm of someone about ot undergo heart surgery. Thankfully didn't cost us.

Arshavin 4 - Not yet match fit.
van Persie 7.5 - Well taken goal.
Bendtner 5 - Runs like a spak, dribbles like a spak and shoots like a spak.

SUBS

Rosicky 6
- Neat and tidy.
Eboue 5 - Did he realise that we were clinging onto a 1-0 lead?

Edited a little from my lobby post.

Lazaq

Mannone - 9 Excellent!

Sagna - 6 Did okay, terrible crossing
Gallas - 8 Good
Vermaelen - 7 Good
Clichy - 7 Fine

Diaby - 4 Useless all game.
Fabregas - 6 Get's one extra point for the assist, was very wasteful.
Song - 5

Arshavin -4 Invisible
Bendtner - 7 Worked hard
Van Persie - 7 Great goal

nazo

Established Member
We all just copied the initial posts format. We're all too lazy to retype everything out :lol:

True Gooner

Established Member
Mannone - 8

Sagna - 7
Gallas - 7
Vermaelen - 7
Clichy - 7

Song - 5
Fabregas - 5
Diaby - 2

Arshavin - 5
van Persie - 6
Bendtner - 6

Invincible

Established Member
Mannone 9 MOTM
Sagna 7
Gallas 6
Vermaelen 7
Clichy 7
Diaby 4
Fabregas 6
Arshavin 5
Song 5
Bendtner 6
Van Persie 7

Rosicky 7
Eboue 6

GaelForce22

Established Member
Mannone 9

Sagna 7
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 8
Clichy 7

Song 6
Diaby 6
Fabregas 6

Bendtner 7
Van Persie 7
Arshavin 6

Rosicky 7
Eboue 7

giuliob

5=average

Mannone 9 Deceptively quick for a solidly built lad...A clean sheet and a victory...
Sagna 6
Gallas 6.5 Knocked around a bit...Sucked it up..
Vermaelen 6.5 A couple of goofs...
Clichy 6.5 Has improved the last 2 games...
Song 6 Decent all round game
Diaby 4 Horrid first half...
Fabregas 5 Good thinking but so inaccurate on passes...Lost the ball too much...
Bendtner 6
Arshavin 5 Is he lazy, not fit, doesn't care, or not accepted by the team?
RVP 6.5 Beautiful finesse goal...

Rosicky 7 What a pleasure to watch...Thanks Tom...
Eboue 6.5 Injected energy and pace into the game when it was needed...

banduan

Established Member
Russel Crowe's Worst Enemy - 10 (was gonna give a 9 but would have been harsh. Made about two very minor mistakes.)

Sagna - 6 could do better, but solid enough in the end
Gallas - 8 great, warrior-like peformance
Vermaelen - 7 outshone by Gallas for once, but still great
Clichy - 5 again, so so so troubled

Song - 5 - completely on top only when the whole team was
Diaby - 5 not his worse performance, but still isn't good enough
Fabregas - 5 better 2nd half saves it, first half was appaling

Arshavin - 5 I'll be kind and say he's just back from injury
Bendtner - 7 good, workmanlike performance
Van Persie - 7 great touch for the goal, still needs to improve tho

Rosicky - 6 decent enough, would like him to play a full match soon
Eboue - 6 helped us defend,quickly bringing the ball up, but so so wasteful

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Re: Player ratings against Fulham

Klaus Daimler said:
Mannone was my man of the match though. I love how people who've rarely seen him play have slagged him off for the past week.

In fairness, Vito hasn't shown anything prior to today that he had a performance like that in him. Early days, but if Don Vito can keep up his level of performances like today, I'm more than happy booting Al to the bench.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Mannone 9
Sagna 7
Gallas 7
Vermaelen 7
Clichy 7
Bendtner 7
Diaby 4
Song 5
Fabregas 6,5
Arshavin 5
RVP 7

Timleaf

Established Member
Mannone - 8.5

Clichy - 6.5
No mistakes, but was ultra casual on the ball a couple of times in the first half.
Vermaelen - 7.5
Continues to impress.
Gallas - 7
Sagna - 6.5

Diaby - 3.5
Wasn't involved, and when he was he looked off the pace. Gave away some sloppy free-kicks near our box and had little impact at either end of the pitch. Needs to impose his physicality on a game, but what's new.
Song - 4
Too weak physically. As our midfield enforcer he loses most of the challenges he goes for and is constantly getting dragged out of position. He's neither a Makalele-type holding midfielder nor an Essien-type marauder. Distribution was decent enough.
Cesc - 7.5
Yeah, his passing was crap at times, but he stood out a mile because he was literally the only player on either side that created anything...and he did it more than once.

Arshavin - 5.5
Started well, and looks very dangerous whenever he runs at the defence, but he's not fit enough at the moment.
Van Persie - 7
World class goal-reminded me of Henry-and plenty of graft.
Bendtner - 6.5

Swish

Established Member
Mannone - 8.5
Dealt with everything AJ and Zamora (who is ****e) had to throw/head at him. Looked assured and confident and made some truly great saves.

Clichy - 7
Best game we've seen of Clichy so far this season, was still caught in possession a few too many times for my liking, leaving too much space behind us.
Vermaelen - 7
Not his best game for us, but still did a tidy job and still won every header.
Gallas - 8
Another solid performance, sheppherd the ball out well and put the strikers under pressure at every moment.
Sagna - 6.5
Did a good job defensively but gave away possession so many times with hail mary crosses.

Song - 6.5
A weak performance, his first half passing was laughable. He couldn't even reach a team mate 5 yards away on two occasions. Not what we need that far back in our half. A better team would have punished us with those gifts.
Diaby - 5
Woeful woeful woeful, good first 5 minutes and another good 2 minute spell late in the second half. His passing abilty is shocking. He lost possession what must have been 80% of the time he had the ball. Woeful.
Cesc - 7
Looked like his mind was someone else completely during most of this match. He was also at fault for silly short passes that were wayward and his tenacity at the getting the ball back was nowhere to be seen. I also noticed that his off the ball movement was poor. I remember Cesc's effort to find space when he wasn't on the ball and today he just jogged into marked positions. Something is definitely up with him. Still, he did make a few key passes and even the misplaced defence splitting balls was a good effort. Not to mention the assist.

Arshavin - 7
To be fair, he's been out for 3 weeks, so I'm not going to be too critical. There are opinions saying he just doesn't get involved, but Arshavin only really comes alive when he has the ball at his feet. He may not work his bollocks off for 90 minutes, but it only takes a few seconds for him to change a game. Still, too many poor passes (the one for Clichy springs to mind) and not as good as he can be.

Bendtner - 7.5
He is becoming more integral to our team little by little. He was endlessly moving looking for space. Although I did see him a few times receiving a 5 yard pass from Gallas after Fulham had just attacked, that's not where I want to see him. Disappeared when Robin came off though.

Robin - 7.5
Missing for most of the first half then pops up after half time with yet another simple ball into the far side of the goal. Still expect a lot lot more from him though.

Rosicky - 6.5
Didn't really get much time on the ball but looked hungrier than the other players. Shame his shot from van Persie's cutback was scuffed and deflected behind. A goal would have been great for him. Would still prefer him in the middle with the attackers in front of him.

Eboue - 6.5
Lack of intelligence still lets him down. Should have gone to corner flag in the dying minutes but chose to run into a wall of defenders which led to another Fulham break. Also had two better chances than anyone else in the entire game, fluffed them both.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom