• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think he’ll end up at striker. He reminds of a young, taller Aguero.

"Problem" is, we have Auba, Laca, Nketiah, John-Jules & Balogun. All of those cannot be strikers here.

My impression is that Martinelli is closer to a winger than those others, but @MutableEarth can maybe chime in.

drippin

Isn't he a striker ? I really don't see this guy as a winger .

So we bought 18-year old striker when we have Nketiah, John-Jules & Balogun as great talents already at similar age as strikers? Nice.

I would guess someone might become goal scoring winger, because otherwise it's hard to see it work. Everyone won't likely cut it at Arsenal of course.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
"Problem" is, we have Auba, Laca, Nketiah, John-Jules & Balogun. All of those cannot be strikers here.

My impression is that Martinelli is closer to a winger than those others, but @MutableEarth can maybe chime in.
Seems like a player who's comfortable playing either role rather than just being one. He looks more towards Cristiano Ronaldo as a template (or at least I read that somewhere) and Ronaldo is like a #9 that plays wide almost. So I can see him remaining a wide player for the foreseeable, filling in upfront from time to time depending on system.

And yeah, I question the point of bringing in a CF when we have not just 2 very good ones, but at least 3 more with potential PL starter promise but the overriding feeling IMO is that competition is good. I'll always have my bias towards Hale End talents but they need challenges to succeed - Martinelli represents a huge challenge.

Kingofthebongo

So we bought 18-year old striker when we have Nketiah, John-Jules & Balogun as great talents already at similar age as strikers? Nice.

I would guess someone might become goal scoring winger, because otherwise it's hard to see it work. Everyone won't likely cut it at Arsenal of course.

Statistically speaking, likely none of them will cut it as Arsenal's main undisputed striker. Good to have competition, and can use them as useful squad players and eventually a source of revenue.

drippin

Seems like a player who's comfortable playing either role rather than just being one. He looks more towards Cristiano Ronaldo as a template (or at least I read that somewhere) and Ronaldo is like a #9 that plays wide almost. So I can see him remaining a wide player for the foreseeable, filling in upfront from time to time depending on system.

And yeah, I question the point of bringing in a CF when we have not just 2 very good ones, but at least 3 more with potential PL starter promise but the overriding feeling IMO is that competition is good. I'll always have my bias towards Hale End talents but they need challenges to succeed - Martinelli represents a huge challenge.

Thanks, yeah that's what I was thinking, goal-scoring winger. Otherwise buying him is a bit overload in striker position. Hindering our youth's way to 1st team.

Of course it's nice to have the option to pick from many great talents. But some youth might not sign / renew contracts if this happens, and then you can't get much money for them either.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Yeah honestly was a bit surprised but he's a massive talent . Can't get over the fact that his just 18 . Will be interesting to see how this all pans out .
He's only 18,amazing stuff. Guy came from much lower levels than the usual Brazil talents, he will give everything and more to succeed. That's why I have him above the other attacking talents, he's 2 years younger than Nketiah too.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Statistically speaking, likely none of them will cut it as Arsenal's main undisputed striker. Good to have competition, and can use them as useful squad players and eventually a source of revenue.
This is what I was thinking. There's really no guarantee any of our youth make it. The last "quality" striker to come through our academy was Kevin Campbell over thirty years ago! And he was never world class.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Damn this guy look abslout great first game at top level and dropped tow excellent goals

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Magnificent off the ball, real nose for goals too. That first goal was a real awkward one to deal with but he headed it very deftly. There is a real talent here. Needs to pick his head up a bit more but I dont mind my strikers being selfish as long as the decisions payoff overall. Good stuff from the lad. I'm looking forward to more from him.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
hW6TdAk.gif

Pepes blue pill

Classy, looks like an exciting prospect, thought 1st half he played too much with his head down and ended up making the wrong decision in terms of where to turn but that will come with experience

Two classy finishes and love how he aint scared to throw himself around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom