• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

GoonerJay24

I still believe in him, remember most of these players have played a lot of football over the last 18 months, despite their young ages.

Perhaps he has slightly regressed this season, but I wonder if he is yet another Premier League player who has become disillusioned due to not having the freedom to play?

shoot for the top

I still believe in him, remember most of these players have played a lot of football over the last 18 months, despite their young ages.

Perhaps he has slightly regressed this season, but I wonder if he is yet another Premier League player who has become disillusioned due to not having the freedom to play?
In general, attackers do better with less structure. That's why even the worst Wenger teams played beautiful football.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He can’t dribble. What freedom is taken from him? He is the biggest beneficiary from Artetas tactics

GoonerJay24

He can’t dribble. What freedom is taken from him? He is the biggest beneficiary from Artetas tactics

Not really, look how wide and positionally fixed he is to that left zone.

Honestly, it's not even about freedom necessarily but rather maximizing your players Strengths. I'd say, Rashford at United is similarly suffering. Again, not skilled wingers blessed with elite dribbling; however, more could be extracted from these players.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If he's positionally fixed that would be more down to trying to suppress player limitations. Hugely noticeable that both Jesus and Trossard find themselves in the box when playing on the left.

Similarly Havertz and Jesus are fluid when playing CM and CF. Zinchenko too obviously has a license to come inside.

As someone said before, you don't and can't afford to have your hand held at this level.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Sell, don't even want him as a sub. Absolute waste of space and can't believe he started again after all the awful performances

Buhry

Established Member

Sell, not good enough to start for a top team and too limited to be a super sub

TonyBouldy

Martinelli is a waste of space . At best he is a Crystal Palace quality type player.
Should have scored tonight but decided to pass the ball to their keeper .
****ing useless .

Alkesh

He's had a bit of a strange season really. Injured for fairly long periods, in and out of the side, clearly heavily impacted by the experimenting Arteta's been doing with the left 8 and forward positions. I think he'd be much better paired with a more prolific goal scorer - he looked much more effective when Jesus was in-form last season.

I'm not quite willing to say he's done yet. That being said, I do think we need some big attacking moves in the summer, and he'll have to show a step up next season.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

He's a young. I think he could be upraged uponthough. He should get lots of minutes regardless though. He's a bit limited in pure baller terms, but a very useful player

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@Rasmi well well well

Whereas I’ve felt Saka is a top prospect but a bit overrated, this guy is just not that good as a winger.

15 league goals last season had people massively overrating him while clowning wingers like Rashford who have also had similar seasons in the past. Mikel’s already tried to replace him once, I’m sure he will again.

Massive wages too and I really doubt any top club will be in for him. We already have other PL clubs analysts/managers already saying he’s the limited one in the lineup and to pay less attention to him defensively.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

@Rasmi well well well

Whereas I’ve felt Saka is a top prospect but a bit overrated, this guy is just not that good as a winger.

15 league goals last season had people massively overrating him while clowning wingers like Rashford who have also had similar seasons in the past. Mikel’s already tried to replace him once, I’m sure he will again.

Massive wages too and I really doubt any top club will be in for him. We already have other PL clubs analysts/managers already saying he’s the limited one in the lineup and to pay less attention to him defensively.

Mate all summer I had so many arguments when they kept saying Martinelli Ødegaard and Saka got 15 goals so why can’t then get again. Told them Martinelli can’t repeat that and he is not on that level talent wise. Our fans never learn

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom