• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd just like to see us play 10 yards further up the pitch bro. The defence and midfield are too deep, which forces our forwards to drop back.

Yeah, I actually think Auba is fine on the left. His problem is he's dropping so deep and becoming a left wing back. Let up stay high up the pitch and sit on the shoulder of the last man (As Mane and Salah do) and he will look loads better.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Interesting Article on how playing him in front of KT limits the passing between the 2 . Only 1 played between the 2 against Brentford.
I suppose its similar if Auba plays there?

Obviously you want him up the pitch coming in off the left
But the difference when Saka came on was massive in terms of link up play..

In theory i like the idea of a CF type goal threat from the left but it is not working.

blrgooner

Established Member
Yeah, I actually think Auba is fine on the left. His problem is he's dropping so deep and becoming a left wing back. Let up stay high up the pitch and sit on the shoulder of the last man (As Mane and Salah do) and he will look loads better.
I don`t agree with that actually. Mane and Salah are both very competent in the wide areas in the middle of the pitch. They do score goals, but they do a lot of good work on the wings too. Mane especially was always a winger and not a striker.
Auba and Martinelli are just not good enough in their wing play. They are much both finishers.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Helps when your touch is like glue, at the end of the day if you keep yourself between the ball and the man then it's all goood. Hold up play via tekkerz, Aguero was really good at that as well.
That's one thing I feel like is missing from our squad. We don't really have players with elite technique, especially our forwards. You always seen the ball bounce off Auba or Lacazette's first touch, Pepe is good but inconsistent at it.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
That's one thing I feel like is missing from our squad. We don't really have players with elite technique, especially our forwards. You always seen the ball bounce off Auba or Lacazette's first touch, Pepe is good but inconsistent at it.

This has been the issue for the last couple of years. When you go from RVP, Fabregas, Nasri, Arshavin, Hleb, Rosicky, Wilshere playing football with elite technique to players like Pepe, Auba, Laca, El-neny, Xhaka that need 4 touches to adjust themselves and make a pass, it makes you a bit disillusioned. People talk about banter era, but at least we could play some slick football from time to time. Nothing about this current team is slick. Only ESR, Partey and Saka look like they can play that way consistently when in form.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
You look at other players involved in attacks like Tierney and Xhaka, and the situation is even worse. I would complain about RB as well but we don't have one atm.
This Martinelli boy, I was saying from the very beginning he has no place on the wing, but AM experts and Arteta were telling me he is a winger because he played it in the 4th tier of Brasilian league. The guy can't make a 3 yard pass, doesn't even matter if the ball bounces off him or not. It's not that technique is not needed for a CF, but you can score goals even without it. Laca looks like Ronaldinho compared to Martinelli

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
Again, Martinelli didn't played as winger against Brentford. He just started there. He played as left sided CAM/SS (in that role ESR would be better for example). Tierney was the winger. Martinelli did very well on the wing last season, but with Xhaka instead of Tierney and receiving the ball on wide areas and not in the center of the pitch.

... and again, Martinelli even playing in his worst position, he could have been more useful playing as winger actually or even in Balogun's position, he wasn't the reason Arsenal lost last game, just see that without him the team was worse, especially defensively and in attack most of the shots made were like Lokonga shooting from the midfield or low quality crosses.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Helps when your touch is like glue, at the end of the day if you keep yourself between the ball and the man then it's all goood. Hold up play via tekkerz, Aguero was really good at that as well.
Benzema is another. I think that is a major factor that is overlooked in terms of your hold up striker. It isn't necessarily how strong they are. I think there are two types. Here is the Lukaku, Drogba and DCL mould, but also the technical leader.

I think we genuinely lack a technical leader in that central role. Someone who has an immaculate touch and knows how to use their body. RVP had an edge to him, but he also could bring the ball down on his chest from a goal kick. Can you even imagine Auba or Laca doing that. When the ball goes over the top in the air, how many players fill you with confidence that they will kill it? Honestly, it's only ESR and maybe Pepe on a good day. Everyone else is inconsistent.

We need a central pivot with an immaculate touch, they don't even need to be tall. Alexis showed that. If the ball sticks to body and they have immaculate chest control with the ability to dribble it makes them so hard to deal with when they drop into midfield.

It's hard to see who we actually want.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Benzema is another. I think that is a major factor that is overlooked in terms of your hold up striker. It isn't necessarily how strong they are. I think there are two types. Here is the Lukaku, Drogba and DCL mould, but also the technical leader.

I think we genuinely lack a technical leader in that central role. Someone who has an immaculate touch and knows how to use their body. RVP had an edge to him, but he also could bring the ball down on his chest from a goal kick. Can you even imagine Auba or Laca doing that. When the ball goes over the top in the air, how many players fill you with confidence that they will kill it? Honestly, it's only ESR and maybe Pepe on a good day. Everyone else is inconsistent.

We need a central pivot with an immaculate touch, they don't even need to be tall. Alexis showed that. If the ball sticks to body and they have immaculate chest control with the ability to dribble it makes them so hard to deal with when they drop into midfield.

It's hard to see who we actually want.
This makes our primary approach of passing out wide for Tierney to spam crosses in all the more bizarre.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
This makes our primary approach of passing out wide for Tierney to spam crosses in all the more bizarre.
Everything we do is based on pattern play. The problem currently is that we only have a final ball from the left hand side. The lack of an attacking right back means we are literally unable to get to the byline and provide a cut back. Pepe, Saka, Ødegaard. No body can do it comfortably. Only ESR can which is why lately I feel like he would be better from the right.

Our primary approach is being allowed. Teams are shutting down Pepe and doubling up on him as they know if he gets anywhere near the goal he can cause havoc. They are letting Tierney get to the byline because he has no targets in the box.

So we need a Cf who can drop deep, dribble and also get into the box. While also having a RB who can allow us to attack down both flanks.

mirrorstare

Got injured after chasing the ball around for 70 minutes.

Not much he could do anyway, it showed when Auba came on and we only improved a little bit.

Pulp

Probably needs a good run of games to get back into shape. But with the amount of injuries he keeps getting it looks bad tbh

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He looked out of his depth in attack and isolated. He is LW and should keep develop in this position when he played LW before get injured he created good chance to auba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom