• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Paulista: No Entiendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Looks a good player, expect he'll bulk up in the summer too. Killed Lukaku with that brilliant interception, I thought it was going to be a goal.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Should have been called up months ago, obviously their manager just picks players from "name" clubs.

florentp

Any thoughts on him ? What a defender ... During the first minutes he looked like Thiago Silva denying every opponent's attacks.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Like Koscielny with his interceptions, feels good knowing if a striker gets past Koscielny it doesn't automatically mean a 1v1 with the keeper.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Definitely a nip in before/extinguish attacks early type defender. seems good so far

Enfield

Established Member
He was one of the few players to arrive where all the journos/pundits agreed that he looked good and they were all surprised the he was sold in January and they were surprised that he didn't cost an arm and a leg

I have a good feeling about his guy, he seems genuine a person similar to say Alexis. That type of honest character in a dressing room along with top end quality like Özil can only mean progress

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Brazil play France this week so if he starts it will be interesting to see how deals with Benzema and Giroud, one a world class striker and the other plays for Madrid. :)

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
THunter said:
Brazil play France this week so if he starts it will be interesting to see how deals with Benzema and Giroud, one a world class striker and the other plays for Madrid. :)

Haha. Benzema did look world class in El Classico though.

Gabriel looks top drawer. His tackling in the box has been exemplary so far-great technique and he doesn't seem as rash as Koz.

florentp

Btw, Kos was invited yesterday on a French show (Canal football club), he said he was trying to control himself. He knows conceded a lot of penalties (+red card). He tries to be a little bit less nervous. The most important for him is the team is not affected by that.
He also said that he knows he's not among the best defenders of the world but it's not something he cares about. He does not care about critism he is often subject to. He said he is judged by what he does on the pitch. It's up to him, he knows he disapointed sometimes, but he also did great games in the past.
And regarding the fact that he's not a starter for France, he said : «France national team is very important. It is a collective group. So you can't be individual >>.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
florentp said:
Btw, Kos was invited yesterday on a French show (Canal football club), he said he was trying to control himself. He knows conceded a lot of penalties (+red card). He tries to be a little bit less nervous. The most important for him is the team is not affected by that.
He also said that he knows he's not among the best defenders of the world but it's not something he cares about. He does not care about critism he is often subject to. He said he is judged by what he does on the pitch. It's up to him, he knows he disapointed sometimes, but he also did great games in the past.
And regarding the fact that he's not a starter for France, he said : «France national team is very important. It is a collective group. So you can't be individual >>.
Not? Well then he's sorely mistaken, because he is. How can the best defender in the Premier League, the second best league in the world, not be amongst the best defenders of the world? There isn't a CB in the world I'd have over him.

florentp

That's not a vision a "non Arsenal fan" have. We need to be realistic, I love Kos so much... but nobody rate him except us. Even French people don't want him in the national team.
As I said, Kos comes after Varane, Sakho, Mangala, Mathieu, Mexes, Rami, Perrin and Zouma as CB.

mo50

Established Member
florentp said:
That's not a vision a "non Arsenal fan" have. We need to be realistic, I love Kos so much... but nobody rate him except us. Even French people don't want him in the national team.
As I said, Kos comes after Varane, Sakho, Mangala, Mathieu, Mexes, Rami, Perrin and Zouma as CB.
Eh, no he doesn't. He's one of the most complete defenders around and I'd personally have him above all those guys you've listed there.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Mathieu is the only one performing better than him at the moment, Varane based on potential maybe. There's not even much to discuss here, Philippe Mexes you're having a ****ing laugh.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
florentp said:

large.gif

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Wasn't Koscielny linked with both Barcelona and Bayern before he signed his contract extension, he alluded to it himself. As for the rest. Meh, not worth talking about.

florentp

Hey guys I did not say it was my opinion ... I am the kind of guy that told to shut the **** up to every single Monaco Fan last tuesday every time I heard a comment on Koscielny. Comments were like every time the ball was in his area "come on berba, he's weak just put some pressure on him" or "omg 1vs1 against Kos, juste rape him Martial" etc etc... Can't believe how he's rated here in France. It's not a lie when I give you this list of french CB. Every one puts him after those guys.... :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom