• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Paulista: No Entiendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
That's good, no stinking clubs hovering over him, guy is great for us and we know it, that's enough.

GDeep™

League is very weak
His story is an unfashionable one, ligue 2, small clubs etc. While a guy like Sakho was hyped as a kid, has PSG roots, Varane had hype, then joined Real.

Let's be brutal too, a lot of comedy with Arsenal in recent years, a defender no matter how good, loses his shine.

eye4goal

Established Member
Koscielny has had some stinkers for France, most notably in the play-off against Ukraine when he was sent-off after needlessly conceding a penalty.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
GDeep said:
His story is an unfashionable one, ligue 2, small clubs etc. While a guy like Sakho was hyped as a kid, has PSG roots, Varane had hype, then joined Real.

Let's be brutal too, a lot of comedy with Arsenal in recent years, a defender no matter how good, loses his shine.

Yep. Lot's of defensive slip-ups that make for good gifs, which the average football fan will watch and make a judgment call on. That, and the general opinion that "Arsenal can't defend" both play a huge importance in how people rate Arsenal defenders.

Just talking football with people in your daily life makes you realize that no matter what, Arsenal's defense simply sucks and the mere notion that their defenders are good is almost laughable.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I remember when I was on a Uni football social a couple of years back I told some guy I was an Arsenal fan and he kept going on at me how Wenger has never bought a good CB.

Apparently Kolo was a converted right winger so he should still have played there even he was a world class CB???

I suggest Vermaelen (this was in 2012!), Sol, Gallas, Koscielny and Per. He says TV was a natural striker, Sol and Gallas were mentally weak, Koscielny cost us the cup so let's ignore everything else he did and Per was big and gangly so therefore s**t. I didn't get angry, just learnt a valuable lesson that most people are idiots.

Also he suggested we should of bought Phil Jones and Cahill instead of Kos and Per :lol: :lol:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Gabriel may also turn out to be a good CB signing. I think a Gabriel-Kos partnership might turn out to be everything we hoped Verm-Kos would be :lol:

It will allow us to defend higher up the pitch too. We may just see a defensive strategy at last and see the best of Koscielny.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Rex Banner said:
I remember when I was on a Uni football social a couple of years back I told some guy I was an Arsenal fan and he kept going on at me how Wenger has never bought a good CB.

Apparently Kolo was a converted right winger so he should still have played there even he was a world class CB???

I suggest Vermaelen (this was in 2012!), Sol, Gallas, Koscielny and Per. He says TV was a natural striker, Sol and Gallas were mentally weak, Koscielny cost us the cup so let's ignore everything else he did and Per was big and gangly so therefore s**t. I didn't get angry, just learnt a valuable lesson that most people are idiots.

Also he suggested we should of bought Phil Jones and Cahill instead of Kos and Per :lol: :lol:
We actually bid for Jones and Cahill before Kos and Per.

Mastadon

Established Member
a_fourteen said:
Rex Banner said:

We actually bid for Jones and Cahill before Kos and Per.

Cahill would have been a much better signing than Per pretty sure everyone would agree on that.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
He had a fantastic game against Newcastle.
As very game, I rewatched that one again as in replay its easier to concentrate to details (to much emotions during live game)
Was keeping close eye on him and man, he didnt make a single mistake.
His reading of game, marking and tackling was fantastic!

Really pleased already, and looking forward to see more of him

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Kos is overrated amongst Arsenal fans but underrated everywhere else I feel.

You'd think he was WC reading these boards.

Gabriel looks like a warrior and happy he's got his call up so quickly after joining Arsenal.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Kos is overrated amongst Arsenal fans but underrated everywhere else I feel.

You'd think he was WC reading these boards.

At his best. Kos is easily world class and one of the best defenders ever to play for us. This season he hasn't been at his best and has in fact looked too easy to beat at times. But hopefully he'll regain his confidence now that he's paired with Gabriel and doesn't need to do the job of 2 defenders by himself.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Koscielny is definitely not world class - bottles it in so many big games. Calling him one of our greatest ever defenders is frankly laughable.

Early to judge Gabriel but I'd have my doubts about him and Koscielny being a top partnership going forward. Feeling it might lack a few things but time will tell I guess.

World class.....:D

Last edited:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

I'm not sure if Koscielny is world-class, but he is not far off it, I think. He makes mistakes, although not often anymore, like any player does.

Is someone like Sergio Ramos world-class, then? Don't think he is much better than Koscielny and he is generally a liability due to the fact that he can snap and get sent off at any given moment.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Koscielny's definitely as close to world class as you get in the premier league that's for certain.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i don't think there is better CB in the EPL then Kosh. i don't think Kosh in world class but he is quality CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Top Bottom