• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Paulista: No Entiendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Funny, that I had the impression of Senderos while watching him play in second half.

He has the same issue of dwelling on a mistake, which in turn turns into a major hairball and makes him turn even worse.

It may be harsh to say, but he doesn't look like smartest cookie and his capacities to improve are not enough for him to continue being here.

TheIceman85

2 good matches:

The guy is improving a lot. I always knew he had it in him. Where are all the doubters now? I was the only one who backed him here. Could be top quality if he keeps it up. Could be the next Keown.

1 bad match later:

The guy is a liability. Championship level player. Must be sold. In fact, cancel his contract now. I was the only one who was cautious while you lot were getting carried away. He's the new Squilaci/Senderos/Dunne.

Sick of this place it's so predictable, same in every player thread. No rational consideration just reactionary exaggerated nonsense.

BBF

2 good matches:

The guy is improving a lot. I always knew he had it in him. Where are all the doubters now? I was the only one who backed him here. Could be top quality if he keeps it up. Could be the next Keown.

1 bad match later:

The guy is a liability. Championship level player. Must be sold. In fact, cancel his contract now. I was the only one who was cautious while you lot were getting carried away. He's the new Squilaci/Senderos/Dunne.

Sick of this place it's so predictable, same in every player thread. No rational consideration just reactionary exaggerated nonsense.

It's almost as if different posters have different opinions...

Aevi

Hale End FC
It's between him and Chambers to nab a spot at CB for next season (well possibly not seeing how Wenger is hoarding squaddies).

I'm not certain who to go with but Gabriel has been a bit too hot and cold, so I'm leaning Chambers. He's got more to him, and actually speaks English.

BBF

Anyway, like I've said for a long time. This guy really is ****e. Absolutely no brains up there, and looks average on the highlight real because he's making stupid last ditch tackles. Wenger should just stop signing players in Jan altogether. The only worthwhile one in recent years was Monreal

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
2 good matches:

1 bad match later:

Sick of this place it's so predictable,
same in every player thread. No rational consideration just reactionary exaggerated nonsense.

That's because there are three types of people, generally speaking:

1. People who agree.
2. People who disagree.
3. People who are over the fence

You want something very predictable than this? Go to Barca/Real Madrid forums. You'll have basically two types of posters:

1. People who are pro Messi/Ronaldo.
2. People who are wrong.

Now that's some predictable sh*t right there.

You want rational considerations in football forums? I've been here for almost 12 years now. Nothing has changed much regarding post-match reactions.

Ted_Lasso

Gabriel's sulking non-reaction to Alexis' goal last night was pretty terrible. Can't really blame him though. I'd be beyond angry if I essentially lost my place to Kieran Gibbs. Would like to see more of Nacho at wing-back.

BBF

Gutted he got injured today. We won't be able to sell him this summer.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I've been hoping for a long time that Gabriel would find his way out of our squad, but I'd always hoped that we'd sell him. Never want a player to get injured.

Prior to his injury, this match was just another example as to why he isn't good enough.

The guy loves to tackle, and he's good in one-on-one situations, but that's about it. He can't organize a defense to save his life, and when he plays the other team always has gilt-edged scoring chances. Everton had so chances after Kos' red card, and in this match, you can say it was due to us being a man down, but our defense always looks the same when Gabriel plays CB.

What always saves him is that you can't precisely pinpoint our chaotic defense to him. The chaos is coaching or a collective lack of communication is what people will say, but it also seems to show up more often when Gabriel plays.

Also, and like in today's match, Gabriel will follow calamitous defensive organizing with a nice individual tackle, and everyone with think, "that's a good defender." Watching him play is such a joke, and he's clearly the weakest link in our defense.

Also, his injuries are usually a result of him being overzealous and going into a tackle for no reason. He didn't need to fly into the tackle today where he got injured. He didn't need to fly into the tackle in pre-season against Man City where he got injured. His decision making is really bad.

He is a defender that has consistently cost us in big games. This season alone our team fell apart against Bayern twice and Sp**s due to errors from Gabriel.

He just isn't a good defender despite his love for tackling.

Also, and this isn't directly Gabriel's fault, but ManU signed Eric Bailly from Villareal after we bought Gabriel. Villareal bought Bailly as Gabriel's replacement, and he is a vastly superior defender.

This isn't Gabriel's fault, but it reminds me of they joy we took after we bought Özil and Alexis due to Sp**s selling Real Madrid Bale, and Liverpool selling Suarez to Barca. Those teams indirectly made us better, and we did that for ManU, and all we got was a really bad defender.

Looking forward to Holding playing in an FA Cup final.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Gutted for him if its the ACL.

Felt he stepped up this season playing well both at CB & RB in various formations. Never going to be a star but loves to defend, a surprisingly safe passer & never hides.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Very good out and out defender and has improved in other aspects, such a shame about his injury. Means both he and Kos are out of the cup final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom