• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Paulista: No Entiendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm76again...

Very good out and out defender and has improved in other aspects, such a shame about his injury. Means both he and Kos are out of the cup final.

He had a great first half yesterday, closed down well and some important tackles - once again proved his detractors wrong - i'd be keen to keep him as a very useful squad player+

MATHEO

Horribly underrated, He's not a great defender by any means because his positioning and tactical awareness can be very off at times which ****s up our defensive system, it was really evident the difference between him and Koscielny when they were closing down Lewandowski at Munich.

But in a 3-man system he has cover from other defenders which makes him thrive on his own strengths: great tackling ability, blocking shots and runs at him.

He reminds of Cahill in this manner who thrived under Conte this season, and dare I say Mustafi isn't much of an upgrade except when it comes to building up the play from the back even though Gabriel improved a bit in that aspect, in fact Mustafi has a horrendous tackling technique for a centreback!

Karlos14478

Agreed. Regardless what people's opinions may be of a certain player, slating any Arsenal player because they picked up a (potentially) serious injury is **** bag behaviour.

Nothing against Gabriel but he's not really impressed me yet and yes shame about his injury. As to the comments of banning people shame the club doesn't ban the likes of Ramsey on social media for his stupid instagram post yesterday. I have no compassion really with any of them as they are millionaires who haven't earnt any of it don't forget they don't say sorry for embarrassing the fans.

Karlos14478

just checked it out "A Great way to end the season at home!" :rolleyes:

That's the sign of a player who couldn't give two ****s about the fans. He's an idiot of the highest level and needs showing the door. There's plenty more as well at the club the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson wouldn't accept all ths social media crap the players post it would have been banned simple as that Our club is a disgrace everyone within that club needs to look at themselves from the owner down to the playing staff they're taking the fans for a ride and couldn't care less. To allow a player to post that yesterday shows they don't or couldn't care less and to want to celebrate that shows Ramsey needs to go back to school and be re-educated because right now it shows his level of thought to post that. I won't put a penny into that club for years whilst this craps going on.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
No player gives a **** if you're butthurt over their social media post. They want to win the games they play in and they won. Just because you're pissing and moaning about not getting top 4 doesn't mean they need to be depressed along with you. Pathetic whining.

Karlos14478

No player gives a **** if you're butthurt over their social media post. They want to win the games they play in and they won. Just because you're pissing and moaning about not getting top 4 doesn't mean they need to be depressed along with you. Pathetic whining.

Bravo! Bravo! Get down there and renew that season ticket they need people like you to keep them wealthy.

mm76again...

no they can be glad they won the game and he can be glad that he scored a good goal which keeps him in Wenger's good books i.e. a well-paid contract with many undeserved first-team starts next season.

But he should have an understnading of the wider context and that fans aren't happy with the overall season - his post should have said 'good performance today with 10 men, glad we won but sorry we let down the fans over the Champions League' or suchlike

he's paid too much not to be aware of the need to be diplomatic

Özil looked gutted after the game - there's someone who understands the bigger picture

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I get the feeling this lad will still be very good for us. I think it has taken him a long time to settle and was a very difficult move for him. He seemed to lack confidence at times but when he does perform he really looks decent.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

But he should have an understnading of the wider context and that fans aren't happy with the overall season - his post should have said 'good performance today with 10 men, glad we won but sorry we let down the fans over the Champions League' or suchlike

The players are under no obligation to stroke fan egos and coddle them. That's ridiculous. For example - most of the rivalries the fans make up in their minds are non-issues for the players as they're mostly friends off the pitch ie: Ashley Cole showing up to an Arsenal player's birthday party last year (?) or the year before that. The fans were moaning about that too.

mm76again...

The players are under no obligation to stroke fan egos and coddle them. That's ridiculous. .

so if he's not trying to ingratiate the fans then why did he say anything at all ? :rolleyes:

clearly he thought he was saying something the fans would like otherwise he wouldn't do it

it's the fact he couldn't see what was wrong with his post that's actually 'ridiculous'...

just like Theo 'they wanted it more' Walcott

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

He said great teamwork for the last home game of the season and the picture was of his teammates. I'm not really sure how you can assume that the picture was for the fans.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Wenger didn't like the way it went down last summer window with Manolas. I'd be surprised if he tried again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom