• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,159,946

outlaw_member

Established Member
The rumours on road down here is that JET's having trouble with local gangsters in regards to extortion. It wouldn't be surprising, at all.

ricky1985

Established Member
On second thoughts, there's his family to consider too. Can he afford to move them all out of the area, would they be willing to move?

All speculation, we don't even know if there's any truth to it. One thing I do know is on the pitch he's playing like he doesn't have a care in the world. Looks about as happy as can be.

ricky1985

Established Member
Hopefully it happens for him. He needs to get a permanent move to a good club to kick-start his career. there are a few in that boat at Arsenal Reserve level right now.

On JET ripping the Reserve League to pieces, it was interesting that Vela came in and couldn't really impose himself any more than he usually does at First Team level. He wasn't poor (from what I saw) but the same problems of a lack of strength and electric pace were there to see. I'm convinced Jay isn't in the First team not because of any lack of ability, but simply because there's something in how he applies himself, in how he trains, that's still not quite right/good enough.

That's why I think he didn't start at White Hart Lane, in fact I remember Wenger as good as saying that at the time. Really hope Jay pulls it all around and really gets himself sorted - maybe his sub appearance at Chelsea signals that he has? His talent is far too good to waste ala Bentley or Pennant.

otfgoon

Established Member
Probably best for him but I would have loved to see him in the Newcastle game first.

Wenger was raving about him yesterday, especially his finishing. Seems his only reservation about him is his fitness.

bertlb2

No way. He is much closer to getting top-flight football. Send him to WBA, or somewhere. Germany, France. Not QPR.

Anzac

Established Member
Looking at the footage from the game v WHU it appears that Vela was playing the link CF role once again, and that JET was playing from the right flank as a WF. Do we think he'd play that role in the senior team? When he was on the ball running at defenders he reminded me of Diaby, but with a better instinct for goal.

ricky1985

Established Member
otfgoon said:
Probably best for him but I would have loved to see him in the Newcastle game first.

Wenger was raving about him yesterday, especially his finishing. Seems his only reservation about him is his fitness.
He was? Where was this?

outlaw_member

Established Member
JET is like a young Thierry. Pacy, can beat players for fun and has an excellent shot. It makes even more sense now to develop Wilshere exclusively as a midfielder, as Jay looks like a future star as a right forward.

Bossa

Established Member
Mark Randall is already 21? We should really sell this guy. He's just not going to make it.

ricky1985

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
JET is like a young Thierry. Pacy, can beat players for fun and has an excellent shot. It makes even more sense now to develop Wilshere exclusively as a midfielder, as Jay looks like a future star as a right forward.
It's strange, that is exactly who has come in to my mind when watching him lately. Especially when he scored that 3rd goal the other day. He's at least a yard quicker than he was this time last year, maybe more than that.

He looks to have found his position as a right sided forward in our system. Of course we have to wait to see how he does in the First team, but it really does seem to suit him nicely.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I'd say he looks at home as either CF or RWF. Top, top talent and I can't wait to see him integrated into the team.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom