• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,779
  • Views 1,164,303

ricky1985

Established Member

Hard to name exactly who the other 3 or 4 players are beyond Willock, Jeff and Nelson, but I have a pretty good idea. Not heard him as strong in his opinion of the talent we have had in the past or as sure as he is about them becoming big players for Arsenal. But it's what I have thought myself for a while now; we have a seriously impressive handful of talents coming through that could genuinely become top class players. Nelson, at 16, getting name checked by Wenger, along with Jeff and Willock who are both 18, is pretty cool too. He's the biggest talent we've got for me. Absolutely amazing how good every facet of his game is and the maturity and intelligence he plays with - Wenger must love him, he embodies everything he loves in an attacker.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

There's definitely a group of exciting youngsters coming through. One that won't make it is Zelalem, I'm afraid.

Lost his spot at Rangers pretty quickly and overall his time there has been a bit of a failure really.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Hard to name exactly who the other 3 or 4 players are beyond Willock, Jeff and Nelson, but I have a pretty good idea. Not heard him as strong in his opinion of the talent we have had in the past or as sure as he is about them becoming big players for Arsenal. But it's what I have thought myself for a while now; we have a seriously impressive handful of talents coming through that could genuinely become top class players. Nelson, at 16, getting name checked by Wenger, along with Jeff and Willock who are both 18, is pretty cool too. He's the biggest talent we've got for me. Absolutely amazing how good every facet of his game is and the maturity and intelligence he plays with - Wenger must love him, he embodies everything he loves in an attacker.
Agreed on Nelson, he is a player that really ignites the imagination regarding what he could do in a first team environment. I predict a Wilshere-like rise to prominence, possibly even earlier. It won't be long until the goals come aswell IMO.

I'm curious as to who Wenger is grouping in with Willock, Jeff and Nelson - it will be interesting to see who it is that he is rating highly.

There's definitely a group of exciting youngsters coming through. One that won't make it is Zelalem, I'm afraid.

Lost his spot at Rangers pretty quickly and overall his time there has been a bit of a failure really.
To be fair, he was injured a portion of that time but overall I agree - he did standout originally but hasn't done enough since then to suggest that he's a contender for first team football here. IMO he has potentially world class ability but to me I think he lacks personality on the pitch. He has good fleeting moments but he needs to start controlling and dominating matches - something I have yet to see him do. I think part of the problem is that while he is technically brilliant, it is his poor tactical understanding rather than his physical development that is lacking. And that could be the difficult thing to develop, and he has to work on that probably even more than physique.

Crowley always managed to stand out more because he has personality - he can dominate a match at some level, perhaps not at a high enough level yet as he has somewhat stagnated a little but he has shown the character needed to do so.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

@MutableEarth I think Ainsley Maitland-Niles deserves to be in that conversation as well. Wenger has mentioned him and I think he has bundles of talent, just needs to put his head down and get his mentality in check.

GoonerBoy19

@MutableEarth I think Ainsley Maitland-Niles deserves to be in that conversation as well. Wenger has mentioned him and I think he has bundles of talent, just needs to put his head down and get his mentality in check.

Read somewhere that his mum abused McCarthy and he haven't been picked into the squad since then. Terrible if true.

Read somewhere that his mum abused McCarthy and he haven't been picked into the squad since then. Terrible if true.

I don't think that is true at all. McCarthy and Wenger are smart enough to know that his mom is crazy and it shouldn't influence his chances.

It would be more true if his mother is influence his performances with doing **** like that. He has not been playing good, but that should have been expected, youngsters forms tend to fall off. He will get through this. He has time on his side.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You never know how these youth players will take to first team football, I doubt many people thought Iwobi would make it here, Akpom always looked the better player to me but he's struggled out on loan this season at Hull. AMN never got much hype but he was doing well in the Championship at 17 whilst the likes of Jeff and Willock are still playing reserve football at 18.

Iwobi seems to have a much better attitude compared to Akpom to me, AMN sounds like another Sterling as well. As for the others, I think Malen looks like a future first team player, the lad reminds me of Chicharito, ****ing lethal in the box. Willock has never impressed before until the other night against Man City, that's the first time he's looked an Arsenal player to me.

RuskyAdam

Gnabry's looking pretty sharp at the start of the u21 match. I wonder if he'll make a cameo towards the end of the season

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom