• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,159,849

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Been keeping updates on U23 match while travelling (basically following Jeorge Bird's feed on twitter).

Match finished 3-0. Eddie Nketiah hattrick. First goals at this level. Willock and Nelson impressed again. Josh DaSilva played at left back. Remember when I said they would make someone an unorthodox one?

Mavididi and Maitland-Niles did not play which means they will likely be in the squad tomorrow with Jeff. Marc Bola, who usually plays LB, was also missing.

Shame Zelalem hasnt made the cut. He has actually been good so sad to see he isnt getting the due recognition. He played tonight aswell.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Cheers for the update.

Weird with Zelalem, he have the attributes that we are missing in the midfield.

Wenger probably doesnt think hes strong enough still. Maybe waiting to go back on loan.

Nketiahs goals are viewable on Arsenals twitter BTW. My phone wont play the 2nd goal but apparently was a great goal. Hyped for him, an awesome finisher with great movement and linkup play. Clearly smart aswell.

SYS

CzfuMLyWIAAVjhp.jpg:large

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Mavididi can't stop scoring & we can't stop giving away penalties.
It's funny. Malen is the one with the fanfare (understandably so) but Mavididi and Nketiah are the two who are putting them away consistently.

I missed this game as I was traveling unfortunately. A mate who did watch it said that Jeff, Nelson and Maitland-Niles were good. He also said he had never paid attention to Willock much before but that his control is superb.

Liverpool have some pretty promising young players there, but it looks like individual errors cost us really. Not sure why Zelalem didn't start either as he's been the strongest midfielder bar Maitland-Niles. Bennacer has not looked that good this season so far.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
It's funny. Malen is the one with the fanfare (understandably so) but Mavididi and Nketiah are the two who are putting them away consistently.

I missed this game as I was traveling unfortunately. A mate who did watch it said that Jeff, Nelson and Maitland-Niles were good. He also said he had never paid attention to Willock much before but that his control is superb.

Liverpool have some pretty promising young players there, but it looks like individual errors cost us really. Not sure why Zelalem didn't start either as he's been the strongest midfielder bar Maitland-Niles. Bennacer has not looked that good this season so far.
Coach Steve Gatting surprisingly elected to name Gedion Zelalem on the bench as Ismael Bennacer partnered Ainsley Maitland-Niles in midfield, while Jeff Reine-Adelaide received a run-out.

https://arsenalyouth.wordpress.com/...ough-as-arsenal-u23s-are-beaten-by-liverpool/

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The ref is taking the fecking piss, how can you send Reiss off and leave the fecker who two footed him on.

Absolute Joke
Yeah, was a harsh sending off definitely. By all accounts, this Blackburn team were very physical for most of the match, but they apparently have a pretty good academy so going down to 10 men would have made it very difficult for us, not least losing arguably the best and most consistent attacker in the entire squad.

Now that he has turned 17, I'm wondering if Wenger might think he's already ready for a loan. We are out of both the FA Youth Cup and the Uefa Youth League, so all that's left is the PL2 and we are not in immediate danger of going down again. Nelson, along with Willock, Mavididi and Zelalem, is looking superior to the current level he's playing at in the PL2. No problem with him staying - and I'm not even a big fan of our loaning academy grads out, given how poor some of those loans have turned out to be - but I want to see him and the aforementioned tested a bit more. Doesn't help that our youth coverage is terrible.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom