• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Coquelin’s six month period alone in the second half of 2014/2015, is levels ahead of anything Xhaka has produced too.

I just don’t see it with Xhaka, I was very happy too when we bought him, thought we got our next Petit...our midfield now is so crap, it has nothing special about it at all, wish we could just sell every midfielder we have and start fresh.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Every one of Xhaka's weakness is now also the weakness of our midfield.

Makes you think

Jae

F*ck sake literally every page of this 269 (nice) page thread is just varying degrees of "he's bad at everything", "he's bad at this and good at that", "he needs a different partner" or "he's good". We're going round in circles, people.

Amen brother. Not much more to be said and I don't see the point in discussing him anymore, at least not until we're back playing anyway.

For the record though I think he's sh*te :rofl:

GDeep™

League is very weak
You just have to back Arteta. I think he wants to give the players a chance to execute what he wants, if next season they can’t, he’ll slowly move them on.

That’s how managers operate. Unless you have an oil club, where you can sign 7 guys and bench your previous starters.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We’re at the beginning of a process, this team will change a lot in 2 years.

If guys aren’t performing their place in the team and career at Arsenal is in danger, don’t think Arteta is here to make friends and give you a kiss and a cuddle.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

If guys aren’t performing their place in the team and career at Arsenal is in danger, don’t think Arteta is here to make friends and give you a kiss and a cuddle.
Wow! I like this new GDeep.

This is a nice change from your usual Doom prophecy

When did you become Mr Bright and Sunny :lol:

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Coquelin’s six month period alone in the second half of 2014/2015, is levels ahead of anything Xhaka has produced too.

I just don’t see it with Xhaka, I was very happy too when we bought him, thought we got our next Petit...our midfield now is so crap, it has nothing special about it at all, wish we could just sell every midfielder we have and start fresh.
We'd probably have been better off if we had kept Coquelin instead and didn't spend £40m on Granit ****ing Xhaka

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

In some ways Arteta came in at a good time as he's been able to judge who he doesnt like/want around the first team. You could say he was unlucky as this coronavirus issue has disrupted the his judgement of his players (wont really be the same after the break) but I think he has built up an idea of who really doesnt belong.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

If we are going to buy Partey, we need to pair him with someone mobile and capable of transitioning to attack quickly. With a Partey Xhaka midfield, our attack will still not improve.
Yeah, a Partey-Xhaka midfield will be an improvement on what we have currently. But the old problem will still persist until someone more dynamic comes in to replace Xhaka. With the funds available, that's at least 2 years away, unless of course we discover a gem in our academy

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If we somehow actually sign Partey, I won't care who plays next to him in his first season...Lucas, Xhaka, Guendouzi...it doesn't matter to me, I would just be so happy to have a midfielder I could trust again, I would be so happy with him I wouldn't care who is ****ing up next to him :lol:

For only a year though, then we need to find Partey a midfield partner he deserves.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Well I learned on the last page that Michael Owen is ‘clean and fresh’. I can 100% believe that he was sat there with someone from his PR team and they pondered on that one for at least half a second before it got the nod.

Moah

Just as ridiculous as this...

michael_owen_brochure_12.jpg
Shouldn't 'fresh and clean' be a given FFS.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
‘Exceptional’ and ‘Absolutely superb’ are shocking omissions on Michael Owen’s list of brand values.

Manberg

Predator
You need to have a special tactical knowledge of football to see what a great player Xhaka is. It's no wonder he's one of the first names on the team sheet for three Arsenal managers already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom