• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
You need to have a special tactical knowledge of football to see what a great player Xhaka is. It's no wonder he's one of the first names on the team sheet for three Arsenal managers already.
Yeah, all of them had a great record with Xhaka in the team.
Wenger: just when he started to play Xhaka he lost CL after 20 years. Can't expect anything else when you go from Cazorla to Xhaka
Emery: no CL in his first season with our midfield played a crucial part in that. Barely created any chances and offered 0 protection for the back 4
Arteta: didn't learn from his predecessors and kept Xhaka in the squad. Early to say but I don't expect any improvement when we have players like him on the pitch

This cancer needs to be removed from the team asap. There is no cure for him or training or buying players to play next to him.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You need to have a special tactical knowledge of football to see what a great player Xhaka is. It's no wonder he's one of the first names on the team sheet for three Arsenal managers already.
Let's keep Mustafi too. He was a regular under Wenger.

He was a regular in Emery's first season.

He's now a regular under Arteta.

When you have a lot of **** players you have no choice but to play the least **** player you have

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Remember when he scored this goal. in his first start for us, I remember thinking "This guy is going to be our midfield lynchpin for years to come"

Never realized he was mediocre.

Jae

Remember when he scored this goal. in his first start for us, I remember thinking "This guy is going to be our midfield lynchpin for years to come"

Keeper should have saved that.

Jae

Keeper should have saved that.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
What happened to Erliss and YeahBee. I miss their contrarian antics.
I've heard a lot of people say that Xhaka is the best of a bad bunch and that's why he plays. Turns out it's not true. Check out this thread if you can, it exposes a lot of truths
This is exactly the argument I was having in page 268:
https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/granit-xhaka-2019-20-performances.33846/page-268
People showing his total tackles/passes and comparing with Torreira when he has played more than twice the minutes Torreira has played.
Torreira hasn't proved his worth yet. But he is still better than Xhaka and is 3 years younger. Xhaka's so called strengths do not justify the horrendous mistakes he makes.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

This is exactly the argument I was having in page 268:
https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/granit-xhaka-2019-20-performances.33846/page-268
People showing his total tackles/passes and comparing with Torreira when he has played more than twice the minutes Torreira has played.
Torreira hasn't proved his worth yet. But he is still better than Xhaka and is 3 years younger. Xhaka's so called strengths do not justify the horrendous mistakes he makes.

I think Torreira wants to go back to Italy which is a shame because I do think he can become a very good player, that being said if Matteo can grow up a little he can definitely take Xhaka's spot.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I think Torreira wants to go back to Italy which is a shame because I do think he can become a very good player, that being said if Matteo can grow up a little he can definitely take Xhaka's spot.
That's the advantage Xhaka has enjoyed during his time here. He never had a sustained competition to his position. It is either Torreira who was in and out with injuries or Matteo who is still too young to play regularly.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Was it a bad decision by Emery to bin Wilshere?

Maybe he could have been a useful option at CM for us?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Was it a bad decision by Emery to bin Wilshere?

Maybe he could have been a useful option at CM for us?

I would have kept him on his character alone, find him significantly more likeable than any midfielder we have now.

Surprisingly made 38 appearances for us in all competitions in 2017-2018, even on one broken leg he is still a level above everyone we have in the middle combined now from a technical point of view.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I would have kept him on his character alone, find him significantly more likeable than any midfielder we have now.

Surprisingly made 38 appearances for us in all competitions in 2017-2018, even on one broken leg he is still a level above everyone we have in the middle combined now from a technical point of view.
A fit Wilshere + Partey would have been a dream though

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I stay out of this thread for a reason. He should have left a long time ago but looking at our current options in midfield they’re sh*te.

Torreira needs to go before Xhaka imo.

Riou

I would just take an injury free Wilshere, he was the first Arsenal player that was younger than me that I loved watching...only younger by a month, but it kind of changes how you view football in a way when players start becoming younger than you for your club...instead of looking up to them as heroes, you kind of look out for them as little brothers...

...sad that it didn't work out the way it should've, but happy with the way it did.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

What happened to Erliss and YeahBee. I miss their contrarian antics.
I've heard a lot of people say that Xhaka is the best of a bad bunch and that's why he plays. Turns out it's not true. Check out this thread if you can, it exposes a lot of truths
And these blunders weren’t even the worst ones I can recall. Although that tackle against Sp**s is pretty awful. What was the guy thinking? Absolutely brain dead!

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

I would just take an injury free Wilshere, he was the first Arsenal player that was younger than me that I loved watching...only younger by a month, but it kind of changes how you view football in a way when players start becoming younger than you for your club...instead of looking up to them as heroes, you kind of look out for them as little brothers...

...sad that it didn't work out the way it should've, but happy with the way it did.

You guys want one of the most crippled players ever back in our team? Even West Ham fans think he’s too sh*t for them but good enough for us.

If we’re going by sentimentality then I say we bring back Carl Jenkinson for a place at RB.

roz

Fake News Merchant
For me its not just the blunders. I can take the occasional blunder although if he gets through a game without making one then people consider him to have had a good game which is tragic.

No, for me he hides when the going gets tough. Any game where we are outclassed (Which seems to be a lot these days) he stops becoming available for the ball, hiding, no longer moving into space to receive and redistribute the ball.
This guy is supposed to be the link from defence to attack ffs. It’s maddening. He plays scared and his only way to stop a player is to make a stupid foul. The guy could sent off almost every game. I love a tactical foul here and there but christ its all he seems able to do consistently

Riou

You guys want one of the most crippled players ever back in our team? Even West Ham fans think he’s too sh*t for them but good enough for us.

If we’re going by sentimentality then I say we bring back Carl Jenkinson for a place at RB.

Bring Carl home too, I say!

He can’t be much worse than current Bellerin.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Wilshere was quality when fit. I put a caveat in my statement. I only said 'a fit Wilshere'.

Don't know why you're bringing up Jenkinson. Jenkinson was ****. At his best he was 5/10.

If Wilshere could play at least 40 games a season he'd been useful option in our CM. He's better than any option we have here by far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom