• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Greatest Coach of this Era: Guardiola vs Klopp?

Who’s the greatest manager of this generation?

• Total voters

GDeep™

League is very weak
What makes you say that?
Diego just done better, no? Reached two finals, a semi, a few quarters etc. Klopp at Dortmund didn’t do much other than reach a final. Atletico are consistently competitive in the CL with Diego - falling off recently though, but still beat Liverpool last season.

Klopp wasn’t consistently going head to head with top teams in the CL and coming off top, like I said, Diego knocked out Klopp and Liverpool last season for example.

Diego even won two EUFA Cups.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

If Pep takes over a top 4 or lesser team and makes them champions without a blank chequebook, I don't think it could be in question tbh.

That is the main and only glaring gap on his CV. A lot of his best/key players were inherited too.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
A lot of his best/key players were inherited too.

This is a big one for me too.

At Barca, he was able to sell Ronaldinho and Deco and not have to buy any replacements, but still have Toure-Xavi-Iniesta-Messi-Henry-Eto'o already at the club...that's beyond ridiculous really.

All of Bayern's key players were already there for him too, and even City are starting to look worse now that he has to replace people like Kompany and Silva.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don’t buy the “inherited” debate in regards to the CL. It wasn’t just the CL domination, it was the style and manner of it, that’s to top coaching.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Wasn't a knock against him from me, just an observation. For me Pep would be the best if that question mark against him can be answered.

Wenger's best ever centre backs were inherited minus Sol, but he improved them all which definitely counts as good coaching.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Dominating Europe with this Liverpool would go close to matching those heights - and that’s not impossible, they are maybe the best team in Europe alongside Bayern. There are different ways to “hit those heights”. You have to say what Jose done by winning two European Cups with teams like Porto and Inter will go down in history - Klopp in Europe hasn’t even surpassed him from the recent era, never mind Pep.
Nope Peps team 2009-13 isn't going to be matched. But my point is that that's more to do with the once a lifetime assortment of players Pep had available to him rather than any skill on his part. Messi, Iniesta and Xavi were just there for him. He didn't even have to play the transfer market like Wenger did to assemble the invincibles.

Breezy

Diego just done better, no? Reached two finals, a semi, a few quarters etc. Klopp at Dortmund didn’t do much other than reach a final. Atletico are consistently competitive in the CL with Diego - falling off recently though, but still beat Liverpool last season.

Klopp wasn’t consistently going head to head with top teams in the CL and coming off top, like I said, Diego knocked out Klopp and Liverpool last season for example.

Diego even won two EUFA Cups.

Simeone has a obviously been a legend for Atlético, but I think this should be his last season there. Took the club as far as he can, needs a new challenge.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom