• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: 2019/20 Performances

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
He gets into great positions and has a quality first touch. His problem seems to be his game is not flowing. He seems to be overthinking things and often makes the opposite choice of what you expect.

One time yesterday he tried to play the ball to I think Nelson on the left who was nowhere near free to receive the ball, while Aubameyang just broke away to receive the ball in a dangerous area.

He overhits and misplaces passes and he puts too much power on shots where in his Dortmund years he had way more finesse to his end product. I'm also not sure why we keep playing him on the wings while in his best season under Tuchel he played centrally?

Anyway time is ticking and he hasn't impressed other than his debut game and the odd goal/assist. We have exciting players now who will take over on the wings. He could still do a job for us in Europa and is not a bad player to have as depth from the bench. If we can sell him though, there is no reason not too.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
He gets into great positions and has a quality first touch. His problem seems to be his game is not flowing. He seems to be overthinking things and often makes the opposite choice of what you expect.

One time yesterday he tried to play the ball to I think Nelson on the left who was nowhere near free to receive the ball, while Aubameyang just broke away to receive the ball in a dangerous area.

He overhits and misplaces passes and he puts too much power on shots where in his Dortmund years he had way more finesse to his end product. I'm also not sure why we keep playing him on the wings while in his best season under Tuchel he played centrally?

Anyway time is ticking and he hasn't impressed other than his debut game and the odd goal/assist. We have exciting players now who will take over on the wings. He could still do a job for us in Europa and is not a bad player to have as depth from the bench. If we can sell him though, there is no reason not too.

He was playing on the right.

I think he would benefit from playing as a CAM, more centrally. I don't think he has still the legs to cover so much ground as a winger, help his fullback while being a constant threat on his side. Maybe it impacts his decision making & lucidity.

We should try him in a cup/EL game.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Also does this weird thing where he does some good work then tries to find the low percentage killer pass rather than the ideal one.

I wonder if it’s because he knows he’s done. Laca, Pepe, Ceballos, Torreira, and Özil weren’t in the squad and he was still subbed off for Martin Nelly.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Also does this weird thing where he does some good work then tries to find the low percentage killer pass rather than the ideal one.
Yeah he always seems to make the wrong pass when he gets in a good position. It’s like he completely ignores the right pass on purpose. Weird player.

FluffyDoozi

Has there been a more maddeningly inconsistent player than him? Most players' form varies from one game to the other but he shifts through many phases of inconsistency within 90 minutes of every single game.
Really is a roller coaster with him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I forgot how ****ing **** some of the posts are on this forum :lol:

I've read that Mkhi isn't even Championship level, he should be benched for Saka etc. What are you lot smoking?

Mkhi is decent squad depth and will not play ahead of Pepe or Laca unless they need resting. He's worth having in the squad, has decent experience and was dangerous in patches against Newcastle. The only thing I have to complain about with him is his over the top wages, but I'd rather bin Özil than Mkhi any day of the week.

He's fulfilling the Luiz/Monreal function in attack, as he can do a job in a number of positions.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He should be much better than he is. I think some are overstating the experience factor here. He has good patches but he is so inconsistent - yesterday he had some real moments of quality but they were shrouded in so much poor quality that it really isn't even worth playing him in most instances.

I actually feel sympathy for him, hes clearly a player with major confidence issues. I reckon if he had any kind of real conviction then more things would come off for him.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Mkhy's best season ever in his career was centrally. He comes to the English Premier League which is the most fast paced and tough league on the planet, but gets shoved onto the wing by every single manager he has. He doesn't belong there, and the pressure he puts on himself for his poor performances is evident when you watch him. The sad thing is he cares more about what he adds onto the team than Özil does, but doesn't seem to be able to bring it together for us.

I don't think he's suited to the EPL, but would have worked much better in the middle (his best plays this match came through there).

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Arsenal fans: Mkhi's confidence has clearly gone.

Also Arsenal fans: MKHI IS ABSOLUTELY APPALLING. WHY DIDNT WE SELL HIM? SHOCKING. BENCH HIM FOR THE KIDS.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
For the wages we pay he is pathetic. Sad to see a player become this. Didn't think it was his worst but my god how many times is he going to sky the ball right over the crossbar. Horrific stuff that.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

For the wages we pay he is pathetic. Sad to see a player become this. Didn't think it was his worst but my god how many times is he going to sky the ball right over the crossbar. Horrific stuff that.
But watch how sweetly he’ll hit a shot or pass when he knows the whistle has been blown. Hallmark of a player who’s still got it but has mentally fallen to pieces.

say yes

forum master baiter
I forgot how ****ing **** some of the posts are on this forum :lol:

I've read that Mkhi isn't even Championship level, he should be benched for Saka etc. What are you lot smoking?

Mkhi is decent squad depth and will not play ahead of Pepe or Laca unless they need resting. He's worth having in the squad, has decent experience and was dangerous in patches against Newcastle. The only thing I have to complain about with him is his over the top wages, but I'd rather bin Özil than Mkhi any day of the week.

He's fulfilling the Luiz/Monreal function in attack, as he can do a job in a number of positions.

Spot on.

lufere7

Arsenal fans: Mkhi's confidence has clearly gone.

Also Arsenal fans: MKHI IS ABSOLUTELY APPALLING. WHY DIDNT WE SELL HIM? SHOCKING. BENCH HIM FOR THE KIDS.
Oh no we forgot Mkhi reads Arsenal Mania daily.

It's all our fault, really.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Oh no we forgot Mkhi reads Arsenal Mania daily.

It's all our fault, really.

Never mentioned anything about the forum. Arsenal fans are saying those things everywhere - here, Twitter, YouTube, at the ground, to his face... you'd be foolish to think he doesn't hear it.

Also @Mark Tobias I thought Xhaka had a poor first half. His second half was much better.. he was careful with the ball and almost all of our play went through him. He was pressuring the Newcastle players at the right moments and forcing them into spaces they don't want to be etc. He assisted in favourable turnovers so many times simply through intelligence in pressure/position. You should also understand that I tend to exaggerate my appreciation for some of our underdog players (like Xhaka) because it's much better to do that than ***** about our footballers 24/7.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
He was involved in all of our attacks, its unreal the amount of stick he gets. He created space for Auba by drawing Lascelles away for the goal. I think he's a decent player, not world class but we don't need each and every member of the squad to be world class.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Never mentioned anything about the forum. Arsenal fans are saying those things everywhere - here, Twitter, YouTube, at the ground, to his face... you'd be foolish to think he doesn't hear it.

Also @Mark Tobias I thought Xhaka had a poor first half. His second half was much better.. he was careful with the ball and almost all of our play went through him. He was pressuring the Newcastle players at the right moments and forcing them into spaces they don't want to be etc. He assisted in favourable turnovers so many times simply through intelligence in pressure/position. You should also understand that I tend to exaggerate my appreciation for some of our underdog players (like Xhaka) because it's much better to do that than ***** about our footballers 24/7.
Sorry but how is Xhaka an underdog player. He gets a wankfest for him after every game, is a seasoned international, captained many sides and came at a decent price tag. How on earth is he an inder dog. Under achiever, maybe!

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Sorry but how is Xhaka an underdog player. He gets a wankfest for him after every game, is a seasoned international, captained many sides and came at a decent price tag. How on earth is he an inder dog. Under achiever, maybe!

People inside of football rate him. Captain of Gladbach, Switzerland and Arsenal.

People outside of football, particularly some toxic Arsenal fans, don't.

I'm just glad I'm on the right side.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom