• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 945,292
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F5d8a620422254b0008e15a49%2F0x0.jpg%3Fbackground%3D000000%26cropX1%3D401%26cropX2%3D2960%26cropY1%3D0%26cropY2%3D2557

Peasants, aint giving you my money.

Malky

Established Member
No point settling for average alternatives now on ridiculous wages, we cannot move those ****ers on in a years time when they prove to be a waste of time and money.
Exactly. Unless our back-ups to Aouar and Partey are of an equal quality then what's the point? We'll just have a squad full of bang average midfielders on big wages.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don’t feel sorry for Arteta because this is actually great experience for when he joins a proper club.

Only people losing here are fans.

Finesse

Arseblog and Hafidh Daraji in the mud btw

Why would they ! This deal has been an open secret. Terms agreed with player and willing to move. OL needs 40-50m. Arsenal is aware. Arsenal have zero competition. Arsenal have been negotiating till today. Of course every ITK on the deal would be confident to call it a done deal. If Arsenal mess it up why would anyone be blamed!

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Don't worry guys, it's ok we're only going to be putting out a pivot of Elneny-Xhaka away from home at the etihad, but hey elneny is great according to mikel.

9-0

Maddar16

Long time lurker here, airing my grievance(could be premature but what the hell)

This window was the one i had most hope for, visinary manager, linked to CL level players, with CL clubs not in the running. THIS was the chance to get back into the mix, and what do we do? play hard ball till the end to be on the receiving end of jokes from other clubs. Why dont they understand that you need to dip into debt a little, invest in capital assets, win games , trophies, be more popular and win fan base, commercial deals, etc. Id let players like Kola and Sok leave for free and save their wages.

Arteta always said that we need World Class players to compete with the elite, and if you read between the lines of his comments, he is aiming it at the board and owner, asking for backing. He has balls and ambition to challenge them at this stage of his career and feel that he will eventually be frustrated enough to leave, Man city comes to mind.

Unless the club has a surprise for us, i am exasperated by their actions, and finding it harder to support. If you're not backing the manager, why should the fans do?

skeetbag

Lyon need money and they already signed Paqueta. The also have a strong track record of doing the opposite of what they say re selling players. He can be in their match squad and still be sold. This is just them trying to squeeze a few extra million out of us.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

To me it seems pretty obvious (as dull as it is to watch) that the 5/2/3 is by far our best and most effective formation with what we have available to us in terms of players.

We’re going to have to hope Willian provides enough creativity to break down the lower table sides when they play for the draw. Saka needs to regain some of his last season form & Ceballos needs to start every game.

Everton/Leicester will fall off, don’t have the squad & Sp**s are Sp**s.
I agree its the best we have, because if we opened up and took on teams. Most midfielders in the PL would eat our snail midfield. The problem I have is when Arteta took over he had unbalanced squad and adopted stop gap tactics to stabilize us. It seems those stop gap tactics has become our tactics and for a whole season its just not sustainable. We will have too many games against smaller teams like we did with west ham where its 50/50 and can go either way. We are more likely to fall off than any of those teams imo.

My biggest fear is we actually buy another deadwood we will be stuck with. every window we enter he is better than no one stage and we end with crap we cant move on later. Buy no one

Reactions: roz

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
What? He has had very good games in the europa league, and is a massive talent. Not ready for the PL, but still...don't call him out like that.[
Listen, you can’t hand a Young boy that responsibility. Especially a boy with constant injury problems and - as far as I recall - no impressive competitive matches for Arsenal. That is just nonsense.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I'd rather play a ESR, AMN and Dani midfield every single game than watching the current imbalanced, unathletic and mediocre midfield that might get us a few more points in the short term.
If they arent signing anybody then Arteta needs to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom