• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 945,151
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Agree with all but Holding. I think £15m is too much for a non starter, £10m to £12m. Torreira & AMN £40m, may as well sell sell Laca too as we wont get much next summer. Those 3 combined would give us £65 to £70m ie Laca £25m to £30m.

Yeah it feels good to know we can generate some serious money from selling unwanted players. It will make such a difference the caliber of players we can then get in.

I still stand by my valuation on Holding for the simple reason....English tax. When buying/selling an English player you calculate their valuation taking into account the usual, age, experience, lenght of contract etc but you then add some extra purely because they're English. It is the reason why we got £35m for the Ox and the same for Iwobi (I know Iwobi plays for Nigeria but he came through our academy and practically counts as a homegrown player). Same reason why Liverpool managed to get £20m for Solanke without hardly kicking a ball for them, Ibe too. Holding is still young, homegrown, 78 games under his belt for us, 39 of those in the PL. Showed his qualities in not 1 but 2 cup finals.

Someone like Kyle walker-peters, who has less than 10 appearances for Sp**s was sold for a reported £15m. If we are offered similar money like that then it is best to just keep him. That value is so low not much chance it can get much lower.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Highly doubt we're in for him.

Agreed. The L’Equipe link is weak. There’s no room for him anyway if they’re still trying to get Ceballos. They’ll have Ceballos, Xhaka, Partey and AMN/Willock to play at the base of midfield in a 4-2-3-1 or in a midfield 3 in a 4-3-3. If they keep ESR around that’s another option for the 4-3-3. Really don’t see it happening.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Agreed. The L’Equipe link is weak. There’s no room for him anyway if they’re still trying to get Ceballos. They’ll have Ceballos, Xhaka, Partey and AMN/Willock to play at the base of midfield in a 4-2-3-1 or in a midfield 3 in a 4-3-3. If they keep ESR around that’s another option for the 4-3-3. Really don’t see it happening.

For the 3 positions in midfield top teams have at least 4 senior options and then youngsters coming through.

Liverpool - Naby Keita, Henderson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Oxlade Chamberlain, Milner. Along with Harvey Elliot etc coming through and also Thiago is wanted by Liverpool.

Man City as we all know have a ridiculous amount of options.

For the 3 positions we would need to fill at all times in midfield we'd have - Xhaka, Ceballos, Aouar, Partey, Willock, ESR, Özil and Willian for the forthcoming season. With AMN able to slot in if need be. Willian of course is probably going to play in multiple positions and Özil's contract is up next summer. Willock/ESR could also go out on loan. So its quite important, if we can do it, to get Aouar and Partey in.

Malky

Established Member
Home grown premier league proven CB, who would most likely excel playing for one of the low-block defensive teams in the league.

If over-rated head-the-ball merchants like Tarkowski and Dunk are being quoted at 40mil then Holding is easily worth 15.
The problem is that the only thing in our favour with Holding is that he's English, the diffrence with him and Dunk, as the example, is that Dunk is considered a solid defender and is currently linked with Chelsea (even tho Dunk is crap). Holding isn't even highly rated, or current starter and he's coming off the back of a poor season.
Hopefully we get £15M, or more, for Holding, but I get the feeling we'll get around £12M and that'll be our lot.

Kav

Established Member
I honestly don’t see us getting Aouar. I think we are more likely to get Soler or Sanson. They will be cheaper and are at the same level as Ceballos.

After Gabriel we will probably try to land Partey but we really need to shift some of these players to be able to land any of these targets.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

Having a @Riou moment here for once, drowning in nostalgia of the good old days where we still had the best midfield in the league with Santi.

Aouar won't hold a candle to Santi, but he'd at least be somewhat of a player that could bring a similar, exciting style to the centre of the park

@Riou what do you have to say about this? @SingmeasongSong is muscling in on your territory. AM isn't big enough for 2 nostalgia merchants ffs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@Riou what do you have to say about this? @SingmeasongSong is muscling in on your territory. AM isn't big enough for 2 nostalgia merchants ffs.

I don't own nostalgia, it's for us all to enjoy...and I am happy when it is...

zoidberg_jesus_vector_by_toms2435-d573jri.jpg

...hope my disciples preach this message with me.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Think I'm leaning more towards Ceballos and Partey coming in.

Aaour does look quality, but Lyon need to drop the price. I haven't saw much of Aaour, but he does look classy. He seems a better dribbler than Ceballos, but doesn't seem overly attacking.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Having only seen him the other night. Who is he like. Isco? David Silva?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Having a @Riou moment here for once, drowning in nostalgia of the good old days where we still had the best midfield in the league with Santi.

Aouar won't hold a candle to Santi, but he'd at least be somewhat of a player that could bring a similar, exciting style to the centre of the park

Probably our best ever Emirates era player, if you factor in likeability...

...I really wish this resulted in a goal, would have been perfect...kinda "meh" as it is :lol:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Seriously, I think Santi is one of my favorite ever footballers. Just a joy to watch.

Think he's the most ambidextrous player I've ever seen.
In Mexico we had one player called Benjamin Galindo. He was better using both feet

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I honestly don’t see us getting Aouar. I think we are more likely to get Soler or Sanson. They will be cheaper and are at the same level as Ceballos.

After Gabriel we will probably try to land Partey but we really need to shift some of these players to be able to land any of these targets.
I hope we don't get Sanson. Not bad but very milquetoast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom