• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

How much have we saved.

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 896
A

Anonymous

Keown= about a mill
Kanu= atleast a mill
Wiltord a mill
Vieira 4 million, if he indeed goes + about 23 million on the transfer.
Parlour a mill
Jeffers a mill maybe abit less + 2.6 million for the transfer.

i cant think of any others although i am sure there are, but this total = 34.6 million + say another 5 million that we were going to spend on a right back that = close to 40 million, minus a few expense since, we should be loaded, and have ample money for a number of quality players.

a nice quote from Patrick

We were fantastic this season. Every player has given a little piece of himself to achieve something. It's been nine months of working really hard on the training ground and we never ever gave up. So you have to give credit to them all. We've got special players in the dressing room."
...Patrick after lifting the Premiership trophy, May 2004

"We want to stay together. Everyone wants to stay. We have won the title and we have a new stadium coming. Everyone loves the Club because they have been here a long time. They know what it means to play for Arsenal."
...The skipper looks to the future, May 2004

i like the bit about we want to stay together we all want to stay together.

A

Anonymous

kanuuu said:
But alot of that money would be spent on the wages aswell though.

yeh but alot of the money we would have paid on those players wages will not now have to be paid and therefore it frees up that money to be used elsewhere.

JazzG

Established Member
We sure have freed up quite a lot of wages this summer. Kanu, Wiltord, Parlour, Keown and Jeffers come to probably around £135k a week, which is around 7mill a year. RvP and Alumunia probably together have taken no more than £20k-£25k.

So that has freed up plenty of wages for new players who might be coming in soon, we aren't loaded like the mancs and Chelsea so releasing so many players was probably something that had to be done to bring in new younger players. Not sure how much Wenger has to spend on transfers though.

Oh and Paddy hasn't left as far as I know ;)

hollow

Jeffers departure alone has freed up £4.6m. We got cash. We also have a well balanced squad. I would like to see a dm back up for Gilberto, hopefully the argie, and trabs, I still believe.

A

Anonymous

Sorry, i dont understand this thread. Probably cos im tired and cant think properly but can you explain it again please :|

A

Anonymous

how have we saved money on these players? Can someone please explain i am actually very confused. :eek:ops:

JazzG

Established Member
theguvnor said:
how have we saved money on these players? Can someone please explain i am actually very confused. :eek:ops:

We aren't paying their wages anymore so that is a lot of money saved. If my calculations are right around £130k a week which is quite abit.

Feis-al

Actually, Kanu 44,000, Wiltord 30,000, Jeffers 40000, Keown and Parlour around 40000 both of them and the rest of the released group(Shabban and co) could release around 40000. That totals to around 200000G's

A

Anonymous

lol, right i get it, BUT, you do know that money we've saved on wages wont go to buying players. It will just be used to give current players pay rises in their new contracts and also just for all random things like facilities etc. Maybe a little bit can be spent on new players but they will also have huge wages. Also dont forget we havent saved any money on jeffers by releasing him, even if we are saving on his wages and get 2 mill for him, we still paid 10 million for him in the first place. Wiltord also, we save on wages, we loose 12 mill on the transfer. So to be honest, weve actually lost a **** load of money from those players.

JazzG

Established Member
If we do sign new players then we won't have to dig deeper in our pockets to fund their wages!

Wiltord and Jeffers didn't cost that much, those were figures made up by the media. It depended on appearences and success as well so the Jeffers figure was much lower.

Ridge

theguvnor said:
. Also dont forget we havent saved any money on jeffers by releasing him, even if we are saving on his wages and get 2 mill for him, we still paid 10 million for him in the first place. Wiltord also, we save on wages, we loose 12 mill on the transfer. So to be honest, weve actually lost a s**t load of money from those players.
somehow i have to agree with you. :D
we only got 2.6 m for jeffers, oh god, we cant even sign Carrick with that little money... :D

A

Anonymous

theguvnor said:
lol, right i get it, BUT, you do know that money we've saved on wages wont go to buying players. It will just be used to give current players pay rises in their new contracts and also just for all random things like facilities etc. Maybe a little bit can be spent on new players but they will also have huge wages. Also dont forget we havent saved any money on jeffers by releasing him, even if we are saving on his wages and get 2 mill for him, we still paid 10 million for him in the first place. Wiltord also, we save on wages, we loose 12 mill on the transfer. So to be honest, weve actually lost a s**t load of money from those players.

your completly missing the point, what we lost on jeffers and co was already lost, so we start fresh now, how much money will Arsenal have at the end of the season that they would not have had, had those players still been at the club, obviously far far more.

To say that we spent 10 million on jeffers and 13 million on wiltord is as i've already said completly missing the point, firstly it wasnt 10 million it could have risen to 10 million, secondly we had lost ALL that money once we bought him, here let me make it easy for you to comprehend b'cause your having some trouble, :evil: say we had 10 million in the bank yesterday, and now because jeffers left it gets toped up to 12.6 million + a million xtra by the time the the season finishes, so how can you say that will not help us wenger now and Arsenal as a club have more liquid assets, add to that the massive wages saved on all the above mentioned players, we should be a hell of alot more comfortable financially.

jc8gooner

I was wondering the other day, do the players still get their wage (say 40k a week) during the summer, when they are not at the club?

The fact that we are selling older, experienced players and signing young players (who will not demand such high wages) in their places is excellent. The club are saving lots of money in this way.

We are also saving money by buying young players with potential rather than waiting until they become world class then trying to buy them for preposterous sums of money. For this reason, Wenger is a cut above the rest.

A

Anonymous

jc8gooner said:
I was wondering the other day, do the players still get their wage (say 40k a week) during the summer, when they are not at the club?

The fact that we are selling older, experienced players and signing young players (who will not demand such high wages) in their places is excellent. The club are saving lots of money in this way.

We are also saving money by buying young players with potential rather than waiting until they become world class then trying to buy them for preposterous sums of money. For this reason, Wenger is a cut above the rest.

yeh the players get paid all year round, though it is like most professions where you would still get paid during your holiday period.

Your right in what you say about saving loads of money on younger players with potential, rather then established stars who may demand more, but wouldnt you like to see an established world class player here nevertheless.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom