• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

How much have we saved.

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 895
A

Anonymous

To say that we spent 10 million on jeffers and 13 million on wiltord is as i've already said completly missing the point, firstly it wasnt 10 million it could have risen to 10 million, secondly we had lost ALL that money once we bought him, here let me make it easy for you to comprehend b'cause your having some trouble, say we had 10 million in the bank yesterday, and now because jeffers left it gets toped up to 12.6 million + a million xtra by the time the the season finishes, so how can you say that will not help us wenger now and Arsenal as a club have more liquid assets, add to that the massive wages saved on all the above mentioned players, we should be a hell of alot more comfortable financially.
Dont talk to me like im one of your little friends, i am not an idiot. Now because of them leaving we may have a little bit extra in our pockets but that is still alot less than what we had before we even signed jeffers and wiltord. To work out how much you have saved or made you get the transfer fee paid and take away what you sold them for. After buying jeffers and wiltord for roughly 18 million we got 2 million back. 16 million loss is it not? Whether that money had alrady been lost and nowadays we have that money sitting in our bank is irrelevant, we lost money on these transfers not saved any.
We did however save with parlour and keown.

Gregwin04

the thing is we baught Wiltord a while back and i think what he did at arsenal totally merits the 12 mill we spent on him i mean he did score the winner at old trafford and helped us win every thing we did win whilst he was heare which was a lot. the same thing can be said about kanu maby not to the extent of wiltord in the later years of his time at arsenal

you cant realy say that about jeffers who did tearn out to be a total waist of money.

the money we will be saving on these players going is grate but it wont be as substantial as you might think. because i dont think reyes or RVP would be arsenal players if kanu and Wiltord stayed, which makes me kinda glad that they did go :D

Mark

Established Member
jc8gooner said:
We are also saving money by buying young players with potential rather than waiting until they become world class then trying to buy them for preposterous sums of money. For this reason, Wenger is a cut above the rest.

I agree with you there. No one else can do it quite like Wenger. Players like Vieira, Toure and Clichy come to mind when you talk about uknown players signed for practically nothing who he has turned into world class stars. Clichy may not be world class yet obviously but you can tell he has that potential.

We don't have the money to sign galacticos every summer so it is very useful to have Wenger who has such a great eye for young talent and finds them before anyone else does.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom