• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

I Dont Remember The Last Time This Happened,Well Done Boys

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 33
  • Views 1,212
A

Anonymous

Arsenal have the best defensive record only conceading 14 goals and the best attacking record having scored 42.
I have been supporting Arsenal since 87 and i don not remember being the best in both departments.
I wonder if it will be mentioned in any of the papers tomorrow,seems like we dont get the credit we deserve often enough,so let us on this forum congratulate the boys on this tremendous feat.
Keep up the good work guys and i'll bet we will be breaking alot of records this season but for the one above's sake please let none of our players feel it necessary to talk to the press about any potential record as per last year,when it came back to bite us in the arse.

lodi

i was just watching the table and the same thing occured to me too! we conceded about 42 goals last season i think?? and if we keep this brilliant defending throughout the season we shouldn`t concede more than 30.

JazzG

Established Member
Yeah well done to the lads.

In a season we shouldn't concede more than 30 goals imo, we look well on our way to keeping it below that. Last season we conceded 42 which is more than 1 goal per game, which clearly was not acceptable. Wenger said he wanted to bring that figure down by at least 10 goals which would be about right.

Mark

Established Member
i do like looking at the table. some very impressive statistics there. looking at the lost 0 column is very satisfying. the defending is much better and i hope it stays like that.

laolu

excellent

we only need more goals to add to that

we should be more invincible both ways: not complaining though

Gooner83

Cygan has surprised me, he has been very consistant.

Sometimes scares me with his lack of pace, but we can't have it all :cry:

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i only need to see one thing on the table...

1. Arsenal
2. ManUre
3. Chelski

i'll be happy if it stays like that... i dont care HOW many goals we score or give up....

laolu

USArsenal said:

1. Arsenal
2. ManUre
3. Chelski

i'll be happy if it stays like that... i dont care HOW many goals we score or give up....

At the end of the day, that's true.

But, wouldn't you prefer

1. Arsenal
2. Chelski
3. ManUre

I don't know how Chelski can pull that off. But, would I be glad?

Mark

Established Member
laolu said:
USArsenal said:

1. Arsenal
2. ManUre
3. Chelski

At the end of the day, that's true.

But, wouldn't you prefer

1. Arsenal
2. Chelski
3. ManUre

I don't know how Chelski can pull that off. But, would I be glad?

yeah i'd love to see man u rot in third place that would be a great laugh! :twisted:

Gooner83

I'd like to see

1. Arsenal
2. Newcastle
3. Fulham
4. Liverpool
5. Man U < Out of Europe
6. Chelski < Out of Europe

Mark

Established Member
well since we're living in a dream world :) , how about...

1. Arsenal
2. Wolves
3. Charlton
4. Fulham
5. Birmingham
6. Southampton
7. Middlesbrough
8. Man City
9. Blackburn
10. Bolton
11. Aston Villa
12. Leeds
13. Leicester
14. Portsmouth
15. Liverpool
16. Newcastle
17. Everton
18. Chelsea
19. Sp**s
20. Man U

laolu

Mark said:
well since we're living in a dream world :) , how about...

1. Arsenal
2. Wolves
3. Charlton
4. Fulham
5. Birmingham
6. Southampton
7. Middlesbrough
8. Man City
9. Blackburn
10. Bolton
11. Aston Villa
12. Leeds
13. Leicester
14. Portsmouth
15. Liverpool
16. Newcastle
17. Everton
18. Chelsea
19. Sp**s
20. Man U

:) :D :D :D :D :D :D

JazzG

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
credit to kolo cygan and lehmann for adding steel to our back line this season.

Agreed. However I think we need to look at the midfield as well, ever since the Inter match at Highbury suddenly our midfield have learned that they have a role to play as well when it comes to defending. Players like Paddy and Gilberto were all over the place in that match, they have sorted themselves out especially Gilberto.

But look at people like Pires, one of the reasons I felt Ashley struggled at times coz he was caught in 2 on 1 situations all too often. With no help I think we all know who was gonna win in those situations. Ever since Bobby was dropped he has started to help out a lot in defense, he isn't a good defender but just being back making up the numbers and being able to prevent Ash being caught out has helped. One time I saw Ashley out of position and Bobby had become our LB for a while, I was in shock as a few months earlier he wouldn't of been near the defense!

I can't quite remember which player (I think Henry) but he said that we did not defend as a team properly, too many times we were all over the place and looked lost. It is obvious over the summer Wenger has worked on this and we can see the results for ourselves.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom