• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

If (and when!) Vieira goes, who should be made Captain?

If Vieira goes who should be made Captain?

• Campbell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cole

• Henry

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Split

Clarkey said:
I'm really not sure we should give it to Campbell because of his links to Sp**s, not on our side of it all but on the Sp**s side. Its gives them the excuse they need to make his life a living hell.

Cole for me, but I'd like it to be Kolo or Gilberto.

That's is a ludicrus reason not to give it to campbell. I can see Kolo being a caption in the future but not Gilberto.

Clarkey

How is it a ludicris reason? Campbell has already had to be protected by body guards upon his move, took it upon himself to leave the pitch when we won the title at WHL. Being a former Tottenham captain and then being made Arsenal captain, the guy will get harassed to the extreme but angry Sp**s fans. Unless you like seeing our player get death threats?

Gilberto is a ideal choice for captain in my view. He plays in the centre of the park, is committed, has the heart for the club and just loves his football. Just because on tv hes not reflected as a superstar because his class is shown for us by the way he plays off the ball (something that cannot be picked up on tv cameras only by people watching him live) is no excuse to not make him captain.

Split

Sol Campbell as long since left his Sp**s demons behind him and we shouldn't worry about them.

Gilberto just doesn't come across as a leader to me.

tox

Gilberto isn't even guaranteed a first team place, so seeing him with the armband is very unlikely. I would have thought Sol, but then again i wouldn't be surprised if wenger passes it around between him and bergkamp.

Clarkey

If Vieira leaves surely it would mean Gilberto would be a regular starter, not that he wasn't last season. It was only a viewpoint of mine, and offering another name to the mix. Another name that could be added is Pires. Also a name I'd add is Lauren.

I believe the captaincy should be given to someone so they can thrive in the role. Campbell is already a leader on the pitch so making him captain isn't something he needs, the same as Cole. Vieira needed the captaincy to help up step up an even further notch and to help eradicate his disciplinary problems. It could happen again, and Wenger could make a Gilberto, a Lauren, a Cygan etc captain for that reason.

Sonic Youth

dennis bergkamp should be first choice because he is the longest serving gunner and because he is one of the most intelligent players. i think cole or lehman should be second choice. cole because he's a true gooner and because he is a defender, who goes forward when we're attacking as well, so he's always close to the action. lehman could be second choice as well cause goalkeepers can overlook the whole pitch.

ozgooner

db10 would be my favourite choice :D

but if it was offered to sol it might give him some more incentive to take that paycut and sign a longer contract

primerib8

if i remember correctly, the last 2 times dennis was captain he played great! some great plays at the cherity shield and i think he scored in the game he captained last year.

Stim

I'd rather have Ash as our captain but i think Wenger will pick Sol eventually. If Vieira goes Dennis will be captain this year and Sol or Ash will deputise when he's out, then next year it will be either Sol or Ash permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom