• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Isco

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
MDGoonah41 said:
whenever its a player + cash you always need the player in the deal to be okay with his destination. malaga have their CL football, so that should suit bendy.

i'd imagine that we value bendtner at no less than £10m, even with his contract being what it is. i imagine isco is rated at no less than £15m. so...bendy + £5m seems a good bit of business, no?

Would suit both players but are Malaga really so strapped to lose another top performer for effectively 5m?

Mudi

If this is true, we should offer them Bendtner + £8m (10m euros). That will be a fair price (I value Bendtner at £5m (6.5m euros). We will get rid of Bendtner with his high wages and we would get a gem with Isco.

scytheavatar

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
Transfer Central rarely get anything right
But can he play on the left?

He's mainly a left winger at Malaga, I have no idea why people here seem to think he's an attacking mid. But he's the Nasri type of winger, the one that's not a conventional winger and drifts towards the middle.

truth_hurts

------------Ramsey-------Coquellin-------
--Oxlade---------Wilshere----------Isco--
----------------Afobe/Campbell-----------

Not to mention Miyaichi and Frimpong. That would be an exceptional set of under 21s but again see the isco signing as exceptionally unlikely.

truth_hurts

Armor for Sleep said:
I'm not sure he's even needed but if Arsène thinks he's going at a bargain price and he's a quality player then why not?

8m plus Bendtner would be near enough our transfer record!

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
scytheavatar said:
I have no idea why people here seem to think he's an attacking mid.

Because half of the time he played attacking mid for Malaga? Pellegrini made full use of his squad depth and changed formation very often, when he played Cazorla as CAM he had Isco on the left, but especially against stronger opposition he used one of Eliseu/Duda at LW, Isco centrally and Cazorla at DM next to Toulalan.

BeijingBaller

jones said:
scytheavatar said:
I have no idea why people here seem to think he's an attacking mid.

Because half of the time he played attacking mid for Malaga? Pellegrini made full use of his squad depth and changed formation very often, when he played Cazorla as CAM he had Isco on the left, but especially against stronger opposition he used one of Eliseu/Duda at LW, Isco centrally and Cazorla at DM next to Toulalan.

How pacy is he?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Reasonably fast for an attacking player you could say, and would definitely be one of the faster players in the EPL when moving with the ball.

He's your classic Spaniard, more about technique and skill, and less about physique, but he's no slouch or push-over either, reminds me in that aspect of Wilshere.

Jbruin

Established Member
Someone who can play on the left and centrally to a high standard would make more sense than signing Sahin who is strictly just a CM at the moment, with Robin supposedly close to leaving this would mean Podolski would be required a lot more as a striker to swap with Giroud as and when each one needed resting or whatever.

truth_hurts

Jbruin said:
Someone who can play on the left and centrally to a high standard would make more sense than signing Sahin who is strictly just a CM at the moment, with Robin supposedly close to leaving this would mean Podolski would be required a lot more as a striker to swap with Giroud as and when each one needed resting or whatever.

True. I rate Isco a lot but I also rate Theo, Gervinho, Podolski, Cazorla, Chamberlain and Wilshere. Move would only begin to make sense if RVP or Theo left.

Yaya

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/wenger-quiere-afellay-isco-recambios/20120827dasdasftb_36/Tes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/wenge ... ftb_36/Tes</a>

Been linked with Isco again, read somewhere that he has a release clause of 21million euros(around £16mill).....

Irish_Owen

Established Member
Sounds like bullshit, really.

But, he'd undoubtedly be a great addition to the squad. I can't really see us signing him at all though, unless we shift Walcott on.

Vela

Established Member
Isco would be a great signing but I agree with Irish_Owen I can't see it happening. £16M would be worth it IMO.

Buhry

Established Member

Might be a bit expensive at 16 million but he seems like a great talent. Very typical spanish AM really, can operate on the left wing or as a CAM, good technique, good at the whole ''pass and move'' game, good kicking technique. Think he has the potential to be a great attacking midfielder, allready quite good and still very young (born in 92). Could see him becoming a Pires type player in the future cutting in from the left. Think he would be a direct imporvement on gervinho and theo (--> at least against teams that park the bus), with a much higher ceiling than both.

Can't really see it happening either but we need some more skill and creativity in attack in addition to cazorla.

Isco vs Juventus in a pre-season game:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QYtazwV0vE&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QYtazwV ... re=related</a>

Think this guy, jack and cazorla in the same team could potentially play som great football.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom