• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilshere1010

Wilshere has been injured for most of the career until the last two seasons. I think he is still finding his feet in terms of his fitness, reliability etc. One of the major issues noticeable is his lack of lung power which means he is not in position off the ball, often enough. Hopefully he can get fitter and contribute more in the coming seasons
My biggest gripe with him. He has the touch, close control to receive the ball anywhere, the awareness to turn, the short passing game to dictate games, but he doesn't get on the ball anywhere near enough.

Three RBs as well.

Can understand having one or two versatile players in there, but he does seem to have gone overboard on that front.
Exactly, a lot of people don't get it. I understand that Southgate wants to play defensive counter attacking I get that but you need OPTIONS, you need DIVERSITY in the squad. Jack provides that. He said it himself he's picked his squad based on a vision he wants to play, showing the amateur he is(remember this a mug who got a top half UEFA cup finalist Boro team relegated). In a tournemant you are going to have to make adjustments...
...'England are drawing to Tunisia who are sitting deep against England, Gareth Southgate brings on Fabian Delph to make defence splitting passes' :lol:

NZgunner

Wilshere has got to be one of the most one-footed players I've ever seen - he's always trying to shift the ball to his left, often taking that extra fraction of a second to make a pass.

Pretty much the only standout "ability" that he has is the way he draws fouls.

IslingtonBornandbred

He can sod off if that's the sort of games they're gonna play.

What games? He's out of contract and can explore his options. He'd be crazy not to.

I reckon if he can find a club and a deal that he likes i.e somewhere abroad like Valencia, Milan etc he's gone and good luck to him. It's probably best for him anyway.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Feel for Hart. Lad plays every minute of qualify but gets dumped for the WC.

Like some of you lads, pay for a girls drink all night but then she goes home with someone else.

“There's a club if you'd like to go
You could meet somebody who really loves you
So you go and you stand on your own
And you leave on your own
And you go home and you cry
And you want to die”

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Jack really needs to go, hope he does go aboard. Although I think he might struggle in a more tactical league.

Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the legs for the PL nor the tactical sense for the Continent.

Feel for the lad, but then again £70,000 week...actually I don't lol

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
What games? He's out of contract and can explore his options. He'd be crazy not to.

I reckon if he can find a club and a deal that he likes i.e somewhere abroad like Valencia, Milan etc he's gone and good luck to him. It's probably best for him anyway.

Going to one of the cash rich oil clubs in an attempt to force our hand. Let's be realistic, PSG won't have any interest in him.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Jack hasn’t been great but he still deserved to be in that squad, he stayed fit, had some good games and showed that’s he still offers unique qualities in an England midfield, ridiculous decision really.

Arsenal bias aside, he bottled it. There’s been a lot of hate towards Wilshere since he made that last England squad despite not being fit. I’m 90% sure Southgate went with the common uneducated view here. It was always going to be an uphill battle for him to get into thid England squad.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
6th place. Europa League team. 50m transfer budget.

Needs to stay even if just to protect the asset.
What asset? He won't stay unless you pay him well up on £100,000 a week. Which makes it more difficult for him to move on as few teams are prepared to pay that kind of money. And you would need to give him at least a 4 year contract. So he would need to be paid £20/£25 million if he doesn't move on.

If he stays for £70/£80,000 well and good but he is not an asset under the above terms, he is more of a loss which needs to be cut.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
What asset? He won't stay unless you pay him well up on £100,000 a week. Which makes it more difficult for him to move on as few teams are prepared to pay that kind of money. And you would need to give him at least a 4 year contract. So he would need to be paid £20/£25 million if he doesn't move on.

If he stays for £70/£80,000 well and good but he is not an asset under the above terms, he is more of a loss which needs to be cut.
He is the type to move on if fit but not playing so I dont see the risk. A West Ham, Everton etc will always give a decent fee.

Of our senior midfielders we have Jack with weeks on his deal, Ramsey with 12 months & Santi huge doubts over level. Our transer budget is not going to let up replace all these + sort the back five.

Jack is unprofessional and lacks dedication.
Beats me how he has been kept as long as he has, even Bournemouth didn't want him.
The time for him to part ways with Arsenal is long overdue.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
He is the type to move on if fit but not playing so I dont see the risk. A West Ham, Everton etc will always give a decent fee.

Of our senior midfielders we have Jack with weeks on his deal, Ramsey with 12 months & Santi huge doubts over level. Our transer budget is not going to let up replace all these + sort the back five.
Ramsey has to sign an extension or be sold in the summer. Here is where we hope the new manager will sign a player as good or better than Ramsey for the same money. The Ramsey detractors may be surprised at what it costs to sign a player with his characteristics.

If West Ham or Everton want Jack they will get him on a free in the summer, they won't up the transfer fee because he signs a new contract. His agent will be conscious of that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom