• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jeffers signed by Charlton

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don't think he's ready for that mate. He's only just come to the country and is learning a new language. Italians don't tend to travel well, and we should not rush him. He hasn't even played for the reserve squad, so how should we expect him to make the step up right away.

johe

Hope he scores hat-tricks both home and away against the Sp*rs, the Mancs, and of course the Moneybags from the Bridge. That should give him about 18 goals. Oh, and are Charlton in Europe? If they are, he will hopefully score hat-tricks in both legs against RM, when they go out in the qualifying round of the CL and have to play UEFA cup. Ha.

Good luck Franny-ears.

kazu

woohoo!!! was still optimistic about him turning the tide this season, but i guess his performance in amsterdam sealed his fate...

to think that the 10million spent on him was supposedly to be on cisse... wat the... he will suit charlton's play just fine, but simply can't cut it with our style...

still remember when we played everton like 2 seasons back with the championship all over, henry created chance after chance for him and he could only score one from 2 yards.... :shock:

goonerling

Too bad really. All that unfulfilled potential. :( I hope he does well for Charlton. Alan Curbishley is a classy manager and I'd love to see Charlton do well this season.

johe

What gap? :wink: We've got Henry, Bergkamp, Reyes, v. Persie, Ali. He isn't exactly irreplaceable. ;)

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Ali is injured. That leaves 3 strikers and Van Persie (what happens if Pires is injured and he's required at LM?). Too thin.

baccy_man

Established Member
what a waste of £8 million buying him in the first place. we have thrown £5 mill away . but any return is better than nothing.

lee1001

Established Member
Arsenal confirm....

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?arti ... n+Athletic

If £2.6 million is the figure then think we have done well out of that.
I know he cost 8 million but considering he hasn't played first team football consistantly since we bought him from EVerton.
£2.6 million is a good deal. Plus the money we save from his apparent 40k a week, i think we have done well.

I wonder if Wenger will buy a replacement??

AFCG7

Established Member
We have now lost 2 strikers then.. does that mean Wenger will look for another front man? Do we promote Lupoli? Do we use Pennant/Freddie/Pires as strikers if needed?

Questions that need to be answered .

Sol man

Good luck to Franny. I don't think he was a bad player but he just did not fit our style of play. I think he will do well at Charlton.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom