• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jérémy Ménez

outlaw_member

Established Member
Re: Jeremy Menez

Menez isn't the right type of player we need in a wide position, which is exactly why I think he'd interest Wenger. He cuts inside more often than not, and likes to create chances.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

but he's not a "finisher".. that's really what we need. we have enough creators

edit - i just re-read your post.. i agree with you (i thought you said he WAS the type of player we need)

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

That's why Sanchez would be perfect for us.. Has a lot of trickery and a finishing touch on him.

Floating

Established Member

Dzsudzsák scores goals. And unlike Sanchez, has CL experience, and we DO have a chance in hell of signing him. ;)

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

Floating said:
Dzsudzsák scores goals. And unlike Sanchez, has CL experience, and we DO have a chance in hell of signing him. ;)
playing in the CL for PSV and Debrecen isnt quite the same thing though, now is it?

not that i would mind him here

oh, and Sanchez has played in the Copa Libertadores a number of times, which could really be considered "CL experience", and he has played n the Europa league

i wouldnt mind either of them, but i doubt we'll sign either of them

Jbruin

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1379569/Liverpool-Manchester-United-Arsenal-target-Jeremy-Menez-set-leave-Roma.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Roma.html</a>

Wenger is willing to offer Diaby for Menez apparently, get it done, Menez can't be any worse than Diaby, albeit different players and different positions, but if that's the case I see Lansbury getting a chance in Dibdab's place.

If he Diaby goes then there's only Denilson and Almunia to go before the complete liabilities are cut loose from the squad, I would put Squillaci and Rosicky in that list but I like them and they're not as bad as them 3.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Jbruin said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1379569/Liverpool-Manchester-United-Arsenal-target-Jeremy-Menez-set-leave-Roma.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wenger is willing to offer Diaby for Menez apparently, get it done, Menez can't be any worse than Diaby, albeit different players and different positions, but if that's the case I see Lansbury getting a chance in Dibdab's place.

If he Diaby goes then there's only Denilson and Almunia to go before the complete liabilities are cut loose from the squad, I would put Squillaci and Rosicky in that list but I like them and they're not as bad as them 3.

I would be fuming if this deal went through. We would be much better served selling Diaby for cash and putting towards buying a better winger than Menez.

Timleaf

Established Member

Those Roman Ultra's will eat Diaby alive! He's a fragile, meek child at the best of times.

Proof

Established Member

Jeremy Menez 'offered to Arsenal' in Gael Clichy swap transfer deal

Roma have long been touted as a possible destination for Clichy and it now appears the Serie A club are ready to do business.

Reports in the Italian press have suggested they are planning to offer France winger Menez in part-exchange for Clichy.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/865277-jeremy-menez-offered-to-arsenal-in-gael-clichy-swap-transfer-deal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/8 ... nsfer-deal</a>

Godsend_Gooner

If we agree to such a deal then the board should get a kick on their backsides. De Rossi/Vucinic or No Deal.

fabo

6.51 / 10

If that deal happened we'd still need a new LB and a better wide forward to actually improve.

Pies

Segway said:
Floating said:
I think my number one pick for a wide forward is Balázs Dzsudzsák. He's powerful, pacy, direct, can score goals, can take a fierce free kick, can beat his man and deliver a cross. He's 24, and has plenty of CL and international experience.

He's a wonderful player with a brilliant goal tally but he wouldn't be my number one pick. From what I've seen of Sanchez he looks exactly the type of player that we need. Extremely direct and he dribbles with purpose. Add to that the amount of goals he's scored this season and we got the missing link in our often toothless and "nervous" attack I think.

Regarding Menez, if he's hardly good enough for Roma I don't want him anywhere near. I do remember though he looked a neat prospect when he played in France and we've been interested in him before.

We're not getting Sanchez.

Menez is plenty good enough for Roma mate, he's a great player on his day. His attitude and temperament are sometimes questioned along with his consistency though, but ability wise he is fantastic. That Vucicnic-Totti-Menez front line were really good in 09/10, played some fantastic football. Loved watching them play.

Ranieri and Montella both failed, just cause they didn't always play Menez this season doesn't mean much to me, Roma as a whole were not that great. Actually think Roma is a dangerous club to play at as Totti is still bigger than the club and they won't drop him even if he isn't as good as he once was and the team suffers a bit. They look like a different team with Vucicnic-Borriello-Menez across the front line.

Great dribbling, always wants to take on his man, even if he isn't a natural winger and more of a #10 (which is also perhaps an issue with us). Maybe not my first choice and would like more of a natural winger but another one I would definitely take and think he would help us. Could be very useful for the right club, not sure if it that is us. He's better than Theo and the way Arshavin has played for most of the season easily better than him.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom